• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Trump Administration argues against basic needs for detain children

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by FreeinChrist, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreeinChrist

FreeinChrist CF Advisory team Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    They are being detained as well.

The current policy - official or not - is to try and keep the migrants in Mexico. With all the heightened vetting, it is taking so long, folks are getting desperate and crossing illegally to ask.

There could have been funding before - $25 bil - for the border but Republicans did not pass it because they do not like DACA. We need more judges to process people quicker.

2. FreeinChrist

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No, the Dems are not exploiting these children. Nor have the Dems caused this problem.
    That is just biased political ranting.

This thread is about the DOJ at a Federal Court and what the DOJ lawyer said. I doubt the DOJ will win their appeal.

3. FreeinChrist

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, you started to make it that way.

As to the rest, I see no back up support.

4. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,213
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Okay this can't go both ways. Democrats have done everything in their power to obstruct this president in any aspect of anything to do with the border. This is intentionally being made into a political spectacle because of the belief that stopping people from coming in this country is evil or wrong. These children are being profiled as evidence of trumps Miss doings. even though no Congressional support or funding will even be allowed unless it is heavily doctored and enforces open border practices

No ma'am, if I was making it personal I have absolutely no fear in telling you I was. I won't cower away from what I say. I'm not trying to make this personal.

As far as not seeing substantiation it's easy to find. there are literally groups of Mexicans that walk the desert and try to find people before they died that are tied to these trees. Americans also. And it's just simple to watch some of the speeches and watch some of the reports DHS to learn about abduction rates and how many illegal children are not even with family units and are being recycled to cross the border

5. FreeinChrist

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    A bipartisan bill was passed in February to keep the government open with 1.3 bil for border fencing. When Trump signed it, he also signed a National Emergency declaration that put a kink in negotiations with Pelosi, et al.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,966
    Anglican
    Married
    So she was absolved of her promise--the one that made the bill possible--you are saying?.

7. FreeinChrist

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Quoting this as a reminder of the topic.

8. FreeinChrist

+9,987
    Belize
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Did you not read that $1.3 bil was part of the bill to reopen the government?

He declared a National Emergency after the fact.

So do you know that discussions are taking place or not?
    There will be a new need for a spending bill. Are you sure there are no discussion already in place?

But this is not the topic, is it? This thread is not about funding for the wall Trump wants or fencing. It is about the DOJ's argument in the appeal court.

9. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+4,375
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    "Virtue signal" is another one of those phrases that betray a lack of concern for other human beings.

People who are hauled into concentration camps are not to blame for the woes they suffer there. Hope this clears things up for you.
    Ringo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Ringo84

+4,375
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't care whether they're "seeking asylum legally" or not. Nobody deserves what's happening to them at the border, regardless of whether the law (changed since Donny took office to close off legal avenues for people to immigrate legally) recognizes their behavior or not. Period.
    Ringo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Hammster

Hammster Semper Fi! Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,547
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I think you missed my point.

12. Ringo84

+4,375
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
  13. Hammster

+16,547
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  14. Ringo84

+4,375
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
  15. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+6,482
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
  16. Hammster

+16,547
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Why are you putting crime in quotes?

17. Hammster

+16,547
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    No. But hey, let’s not address the actual argument I made. That would be crazy.

18. Ringo84

+4,375
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Because fleeing from a home country rife with violence and deprivation doesn't seem like much of a crime to me.

In fact, it's....kinda what our forefathers did.
    Ringo

19. Hammster

+16,547
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    That’s a whole different argument, then.

20. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,125
    Agnostic
    Single
    The Trump administration diverted funds to go towards their wall building, if they considered this a priority they would do the same here to make sure that children weren't suffering.

You know, if they didn't want children to suffer.

They did accomplish making the suffering worse and making congress into a gridlock to accomplish the goal they already circumvented congress for though.

Clearly it's all the Democrats fault though. It's their fault that children are suffering because they refuse to cave into the presidents general tactic of terror and hostage taking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.