• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump Administration argues against basic needs for detain children

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by FreeinChrist, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    No kidding? And welcome to finally realizing part of the crisis on the border.

2. LostMarbels

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    because they're not coming in illegally and unvetted. What part of that is so hard to understand?

To be honest that's what all this push is about. Try to use people's morality to force the situation that they honestly do not want. Trying to demonize those people that are trying to protect our sovereignty.

3. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    You are quite right. The laws and infrastructure must be changed. But that is no excuse for the inhumane treatment of children, nor is waiting for the laws and infrastructure to be changed an excuse for continuing that treatment of children who are in custody now.
    Falsely blaming the beastly treatment of children on the Democrats is no excuse for the inhumane treatment of children. There is no excuse.

4. Speedwell

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Finally realizing? That''s a joke. You didn't even seem to know what countries these people were coming from.

5. LostMarbels

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I honestly don't care if someone thinks everything excuse or not. This is almost like triage at a major incident. There's only so much that can be done at a major catastrophic event.if Trump does not get the proper funding or some sort of relief at the border he's going to have to make do with what he has. And again the message seems to be let them go and let them in

6. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    They're not coming in legally because avenues they could have used to migrate legally have been closed off to them - deliberately.

And yeah...I do want to demonize the people responsible for this disgusting human rights abuse. I don't care what lies and justifications they tell themselves - "Well, I'm just trying to 'protect our sovereignty'".

If you have to cage and mistreat children to achieve those goals, then those goals may not be worth pursuing. Our government is committing war crimes in the name of our vaunted """sovereignty""", and I find that unacceptable. Not in my name.

Sounds like a threat to me. "If I don't get the funding I want, I'll abuse more children".

I don't make deals with terrorists (referring specifically to Donny; not you).
    Ringo

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Speedwell

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    If our sovereignty is at risk from unarmed Central American peasants then it's not worth much.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. LostMarbels

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    sure is funny I brought this topic up about a year ago about the UN immigration pact. I can be quoted stating that exactly these numbers were going to come to our borders. This is exactly the same thing that happened in Europe.

9. Ringo84

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
  10. LostMarbels

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Well that's flawed logic... The truth is you don't get the funding you can't take care of people. the Democrats refuse to give you Congressional permission for beds and whatnot they don't get it. The blame of funding and financial responsibilities lay at the feet of the people that hold the purse strings.

11. Speedwell

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Oh, give it a rest. If the Trump administration wanted to treat these children humanely they could find a way to do it. They aren't being forced.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Ringo84

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    This is not only a lie but an excuse: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

There's also this: Trump's Cuts to US Refugee Program Lead to 300-plus Layoffs

Cutting funds and then using a lack of funding as an excuse for mistreatment of children is pretty sociopathic.
    Ringo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. LostMarbels

+2,096
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Well don't worry you'll get over yourselves in a while, I already have.

Your entire argument is just ridiculous. you cannot obstruct a picture from even reaching a mound making sure he gets no balls to throw and then throw him out of the game for not throwing any pitches ridiculous

14. Ringo84

+4,359
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah, you do seem to have sold your soul to someone. Maybe Milhouse will let you buy it back from him.

I guess when you run out of bad, easily disproved arguments, the only thing left to do is shout incoherently about pitchers.

It's - genuinely - sad to see someone so lacking in basic human kindness and empathy towards those not like themselves. I pray that our country can be delivered from people like you so that we can live up to the ideal of the "city on a shining hill" we have always imagined ourselves to be.
    Ringo

15. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+5,370
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    MOD HAT ON
    Closed at request of OP
    MOD HAT OFF

Thread Status: