• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Trump Administration argues against basic needs for detain children

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by FreeinChrist, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    It demonstrates that the Trump administration was arguing in bad faith and intended to circumvent congress in any manner it could.

So, yes.

2. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    Trump has declared that he has the right to requisition funds at will for his own political priorities.

He has also decided to be cruel to these children, so he doesn't get to blame congress when he, by his own admission, can get the funds if he wanted them.

Congress is under no obligation to put a stamp of approval on a plan they despise, or their own circumvention as part of the budgeting process.

No one should negotiate with terrorists, or those who argue in bad faith.

3. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    They are imprisoning and depriving children whether any crime was committed or not.

Also, people shouldn't be treated as criminal until criminality has been assessed.

The punishment should also meet the crime and should not include depriving their children of basic human comfort. It is simply cruel to do so and we as a civilized nation should not be doing anything of the sort.

4. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,571
    Anglican
    Married
    No, it doesn't.

Even if a person were to suspect that, it does not demonstrate any such thing.

5. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    It does. After agreeing to negotiate a settlement the Trump administration decided to circumvent congress instead.

If you don't think that is a demonstration of a bad faith negotiation I can only guess that you don't know what the word demonstrate means.

The problem here is that a political solution would require some sort of compromise on some point that Trump doesn't want to bend (any and all points), and he would rather a fight and to be uncivil to innocent children.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,133
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    I honestly believe wholeheartedly that Democrats are the problem. Once they ARE removed and replaced there will be no longer be a problem. this is entirely a political ploy and I hope people go to prison over it.

there is no need for these people to sometimes have to March 10,000 miles or more to get to America. They're coming to America because the Democrats are incentivizing it. they need the votes, and they need the population on the census so they can control how many seats and electoral college votes they have. That is exactly what this is about keeping in power.

in 100% honesty the only place you need to march to is the u.s. embassy in your country. you walk in say you're in fear for your life and your seeking asylum, done.

7. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    You think that democrats are going away sometime soon?

How can democrats be to blame for the actions of the Trump administration?

You think that treating children worse than we do literal terrorists is a good idea?

The laws are the laws.

If you want to change the laws you're going to have to make deals with people who disagree with you.

8. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+4,373
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    If there's no crime, then there's no reason to exact such cruelty against either the parents or their children, which is what I've been arguing all along.
    Ringo

9. Hammster

Hammster Buckeye Newshawk Award Winner Staff Member Site Advisor Supporter

+16,257
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    I don’t think I’ve defended the actions.

10. Ringo84

+4,373
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Good to see us going full Nazi: "Democrats care about the plight of immigrants being abused at the hands of sociopaths? They need to be in jail!"

Things that totally normal countries that are definitely not operating concentration camps at their border say.
    Ringo

11. Hammster

+16,257
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Yep. If there’s no crime.

12. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    Well your "will the parents be held accountable" spiel certainly doesn't seem like your priorities are in the right place to me.

13. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,571
    Anglican
    Married
    And who is it that likes to call opponents Nazis?

14. Hammster

+16,257
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Well, I guess I can’t help how you see things.

15. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,756
    United States
    Married
    It is truly amazing what a President and political party can accomplish when supported by loyal Americans in the name of Making America Great. God Bless Donald J. Trump and all the good he is doing and all the good evangelical Christians who put him in office.

16. Ringo84

+4,373
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    People with the eyes to see and the sense to call racist, cruel policies what they are?
    Ringo

17. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    My opponent chooses to defend cruelty to children rounded up into camps.

Getting snippy over being compared with monsters isn't all that compelling.

Sure you can. Set your priority's in a different order.

18. Hammster

+16,257
    United States
    Reformed
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    What do you think my priorities are?

19. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,084
    Agnostic
    Single
    You seem to think it's important to complain about illegal immigration when the administration is literally defending cruelty to children, and intends to continue to do so until it's terrorist demands are met.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+21,571
    Anglican
    Married
    I am guessing by that answer that you know it is common in one segment of the political scene but rare in the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.