variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Okay this can't go both ways. Democrats have done everything in their power to obstruct this president in any aspect of anything to do with the border. This is intentionally being made into a political spectacle because of the belief that stopping people from coming in this country is evil or wrong. These children are being profiled as evidence of trumps Miss doings. even though no Congressional support or funding will even be allowed unless it is heavily doctored and enforces open border practices

Trump has declared that he has the right to requisition funds at will for his own political priorities.

He has also decided to be cruel to these children, so he doesn't get to blame congress when he, by his own admission, can get the funds if he wanted them.

Congress is under no obligation to put a stamp of approval on a plan they despise, or their own circumvention as part of the budgeting process.

No one should negotiate with terrorists, or those who argue in bad faith.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I’m in no way defending the Trump Administration in this instance. But at what point are the parents going to be held accountable for this? If I knowingly commit a crime with my kids in tow, am I not also responsible for for the consequences of that action?

They are imprisoning and depriving children whether any crime was committed or not.

Also, people shouldn't be treated as criminal until criminality has been assessed.

The punishment should also meet the crime and should not include depriving their children of basic human comfort. It is simply cruel to do so and we as a civilized nation should not be doing anything of the sort.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It demonstrates that the Trump administration was arguing in bad faith and intended to circumvent congress in any manner it could.
No, it doesn't.

Even if a person were to suspect that, it does not demonstrate any such thing.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
No, it doesn't.

Even if a person were to suspect that, it does not demonstrate any such thing.

It does. After agreeing to negotiate a settlement the Trump administration decided to circumvent congress instead.

If you don't think that is a demonstration of a bad faith negotiation I can only guess that you don't know what the word demonstrate means.

The problem here is that a political solution would require some sort of compromise on some point that Trump doesn't want to bend (any and all points), and he would rather a fight and to be uncivil to innocent children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Trump has declared that he has the right to requisition funds at will for his own political priorities.

He has also decided to be cruel to these children, so he doesn't get to blame congress when he, by his own admission, can get the funds if he wanted them.

Congress is under no obligation to put a stamp of approval on a plan they despise, or their own circumvention as part of the budgeting process.

No one should negotiate with terrorists, or those who argue in bad faith.

I honestly believe wholeheartedly that Democrats are the problem. Once they ARE removed and replaced there will be no longer be a problem. this is entirely a political ploy and I hope people go to prison over it.

there is no need for these people to sometimes have to March 10,000 miles or more to get to America. They're coming to America because the Democrats are incentivizing it. they need the votes, and they need the population on the census so they can control how many seats and electoral college votes they have. That is exactly what this is about keeping in power.

in 100% honesty the only place you need to march to is the u.s. embassy in your country. you walk in say you're in fear for your life and your seeking asylum, done.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I honestly believe wholeheartedly that Democrats are the problem. Once they ARE removed and replaced there will be no longer be a problem. this is entirely a political ploy and I hope people go to prison over it.

You think that democrats are going away sometime soon?

How can democrats be to blame for the actions of the Trump administration?

You think that treating children worse than we do literal terrorists is a good idea?

in 100% honesty the only place you need to march to is the u.s. embassy in your country. you walk in say you're in fear for your life and your seeking asylum, done.

The laws are the laws.

If you want to change the laws you're going to have to make deals with people who disagree with you.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That’s a whole different argument, then.

If there's no crime, then there's no reason to exact such cruelty against either the parents or their children, which is what I've been arguing all along.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
They are imprisoning and depriving children whether any crime was committed or not.

Also, people shouldn't be treated as criminal until criminality has been assessed.

The punishment should also meet the crime and should not include depriving their children of basic human comfort. It is simply cruel to do so and we as a civilized nation should not be doing anything of the sort.
I don’t think I’ve defended the actions.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Good to see us going full Nazi: "Democrats care about the plight of immigrants being abused at the hands of sociopaths? They need to be in jail!"

Things that totally normal countries that are definitely not operating concentration camps at their border say.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
If there's no crime, then there's no reason to exact such cruelty against either the parents or their children, which is what I've been arguing all along.
Ringo
Yep. If there’s no crime.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Well your "will the parents be held accountable" spiel certainly doesn't seem like your priorities are in the right place to me.
Well, I guess I can’t help how you see things.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It is truly amazing what a President and political party can accomplish when supported by loyal Americans in the name of Making America Great. God Bless Donald J. Trump and all the good he is doing and all the good evangelical Christians who put him in office.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And who is it that likes to call opponents Nazis?

People with the eyes to see and the sense to call racist, cruel policies what they are?
Ringo

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And who is it that likes to call opponents Nazis?

My opponent chooses to defend cruelty to children rounded up into camps.

Getting snippy over being compared with monsters isn't all that compelling.

Well, I guess I can’t help how you see things.

Sure you can. Set your priority's in a different order.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟294,951.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What do you think my priorities are?

You seem to think it's important to complain about illegal immigration when the administration is literally defending cruelty to children, and intends to continue to do so until it's terrorist demands are met.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.