Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dartman, unfortunately I didn't get to you in time. What you want to discuss cannot be discussed here either. Here is an excerpt from the CT rules, Statement of Purpose:

Non-Nicene unorthodox Christian topics may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Christianity & World Religion forum and the Debate Non-Christian Religions forum. The non-Nicene, unorthodox Christian topics which may discussed in this forum include (but are not limited to):
  • Universalism
  • Open Theism
  • Full Preterism
  • Annihilationism
  • Gnosticism
Perhaps a mod would move this thread for us. BTW, I've been here for more than 15 years and I've never had a thread with my name in the title before. Not sure if that is good or bad ^_^

Upvote 0

Dartman

May 23, 2017
Washington
✟27,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Dartman, unfortunately I didn't get to you in time. What you want to discuss cannot be discussed here either. Here is an excerpt from the CT rules, Statement of Purpose:

Non-Nicene unorthodox Christian topics may only be discussed in the Controversial Christian Theology forum. Non-Trinitarianism may only be discussed in the Christianity & World Religion forum and the Debate Non-Christian Religions forum. The non-Nicene, unorthodox Christian topics which may discussed in this forum include (but are not limited to):
  • Universalism
  • Open Theism
  • Full Preterism
  • Annihilationism
  • Gnosticism
Perhaps a mod would move this thread for us. BTW, I've been here for more than 15 years and I've never had a thread with my name in the title before. Not sure if that is good or bad ^_^
LOL ... so, I have made you famous!! :cool:

Thanks for the pointers.
Perhaps, since we haven't actually invested much in this thread yet, I will just start one, with the same title... (get your name out there again, the people eat it up), in the Christianity & World Religion forum ... since I feel a bit dishonest condoning the "Non-Christian" notion, regarding the original "Christian" doctrine.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no benefits. The trinity doesn't save you and it doesn't condemn you. I don't believe it for several good reasons.
So how is one saved?
(not saying I disagree with you but then I'm not sure what you mean by the trinity doesn't save... God is not an It.)

Upvote 0

Hal A Peno

Aug 3, 2017
contoocook
✟6,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So how is one saved?
(not saying I disagree with you but then I'm not sure what you mean by the trinity doesn't save... God is not an It.)
I didn't say was an it, you insinuated it because of your trinitarian beliefs. The trinity doesn't condemn you if you don't believe it, and it doesn't save you if you do believe in it.
We are saved by Jesus Christ life, death, and resurrection, not a trinity.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say was an it, you insinuated it because of your trinitarian beliefs. The trinity doesn't condemn you if you don't believe it, and it doesn't save you if you do believe in it.
We are saved by Jesus Christ life, death, and resurrection, not a trinity.
Same same...it's terminology games.
Dont worry I get your point .

So Jesus has done that..
So how does one get saved?

Upvote 0

Hal A Peno

Aug 3, 2017
contoocook
✟6,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are no benefits. The trinity doesn't save you and it doesn't condemn you. I don't believe it for several good reasons.
i dont see a benefit, only lots of problems it causes.
Jesus prayed to the Father, Jesus taught pray to the Father. if Jesus is our perfect example to follow, the trinity would be a deviation from that example.

Upvote 0

Hal A Peno

Aug 3, 2017
contoocook
✟6,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
i dont see a benefit, only lots of problems it causes.
Jesus prayed to the Father, Jesus taught pray to the Father. if Jesus is our perfect example to follow, the trinity would be a deviation from that example.
An example isn't the real thing. The trinity has bad roots in Catholicism. Both Catholics and Protestants killed people for not accepting it. It's the only core doctrine I cannot accept

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
An example isn't the real thing. The trinity has bad roots in Catholicism. Both Catholics and Protestants killed people for not accepting it. It's the only core doctrine I cannot accept

if you research church burning in the middle ages you see nontrinitarianism as the most common crime. i have to admit, if they threatened to take my wife and children and burn them alive, i would probably give in to it. burned alive, wonder what that feels like? and that was the tool used to spread the doctrine of the trinity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kyrilllos el Antony

Aug 17, 2017
Las Vegas
✟9,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I just read the Statement of Purpose for this forum, and it looks like we arent allowed to debate the Trinity or discuss non-Trinitarianism here.

Mods, can I somehow edit or delete my posts, or can you delete my posts, which are on the subject of the Trinity?

God bless you all

Upvote 0

Kyrilllos el Antony

Aug 17, 2017
Las Vegas
✟9,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Mods:

I figured out how to erase my post, because it looks like we arent supposed to debate this issue in this forum; can you restore it if you move this thread or if we are allowed to debate the doctrine of the Trinity?

If we are not, please leave it deleted. I don't know what the process is here for these things.

God bless you

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This is closed. Non-Trinitarianism may not be discussed here.

• Universalism
  • Open Theism
  • Full Preterism
  • Annihilationism
  • Gnosticism

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.