Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When Jesus was asked how to inherit eternal life, he did not say by physical decent, but by obeying God’s commandments, which is the same as receiving it by faith, so you are not making a distinction.

Was he not speaking to God's believing people, the Jews, who "inherited" it?
The Gentiles did not, they received it.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Jesus commissioned his disciples to make disciples of all nations, teaching everything that he taught them, so the fact that he was mainly speaking to Jew during his ministry is a moot point. I don't see any evidence that supports that Gentiles received eternal life rather than inherit it. For example, in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Galatians 5:21, and Ephesians 5:5, why would it make sense to tell those communities that those who do certain things will not inherit the Kingdom of God? In Romans 8:14-17, those who are led by the Spirit are children of God and heirs. In Colossians 1:12, they will share in the inheritance. In Colossians 3:24, they will receive the inheritance. In Galatians In Romans 4:13-14, being heirs to the promise comes through faith, and in Hebrews 6:12, it refers to those who through faith and patience will inherit the promise, so again it is not contrasting faith with inheriting. Likewise, in Galatians 3:7, those who are of faith are sons of Abraham, and in Galatians 3:29, those who are in Christ are children of Abraham, heirs according to the promise. In Ephesians 3:6, the mystery is that Gentiles are fellow heirs. In Titus 3:7, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ephesians 1:11
(11) In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
Ephesians 1:18
(18) The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
Colossians 1:12
(12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Hebrews 1:4
(4) Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Hebrews 9:15
(15) And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
1 Peter 3:9
(9) Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
Revelation 21:7
(7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus was asked how to inherit eternal life, he did not say by physical decent, but by obeying God’s commandments, which is the same as receiving it by faith, so you are not making a distinction.
Genuine faith results in obedience not because you have to but because you want/desire to because you now love God with all your heart, mind and soul because you have the Spirit of God dwelling in you through the new birth. You are now a new creation in Christ and want to obey Him not because you have to and earn anything from God. Real faith as James says produces good works. Paul says we are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works. Ephesians 2:8-10. The fruit of the spirit is what flows from that new life/relationship with Christ and not the deeds of the flesh. The disciple of Jesus denies himself, takes up his cross daily and follows Him.

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

concretecamper

Member of His Church
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟274,986.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Churches in my area you click on their website they have the “repent of your sins” to be saved lie, have backloaded works salvation into the gospel meaning they are not saved, or they are non KJV only, dispensationalist, or some other damnable heresy, not to mention the female preachers, contemporary music instead of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. It is always something that makes these churches false. They might be KJV only, claim soul winning, but then they will turn out to be dispensationalist, Schofield reference bible heretics. or turn around and say that you actually have to have the works to be saved.

The fact is that salvation is a free gift by grace through faith and these people who want to complicate the gospel and add their filthy rag works or commandments of men, church tradition, or other damnable heresies to it, they are going to split hell wide open.

Reformed/Protestant: “Saved by faith alone, but true faith is never alone” “if you’re truly saved you will have the works” “We are not saved by works, but works are the evidence of salvation” "saved by faith, but if you don't have the works you are not saved"

What a load of nonsense! Romans 4:5 says But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

The Works Salvationists will be told to depart Matthew 7:21-23

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The Will of the Father is to believe on the Son (John 6:40) and we see that Jesus says “I never knew you” to the works salvationists. Not “I used to know you but you lost your salvation” No, they never had salvation because they never believed the gospel of grace through faith alone. and they are workers of iniquity because there are none good no not one, there is not a righteous man upon earth. that doeth good and sinneth not. the unsaved think they are righteous, sinless, but in reality they are only deceiving themselves. (1 John 1:8)

The works salvationist is not saved, and calls God a liar 1 John 5:10-11 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

there those who think they are justified by their works will be judged and condemned by their works on the last day. John 12:48 “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.”

The only way we are justified, righteous before God is by our faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15) Works justify us in the eyes of man, but are filthy rags before God. Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Romans 3 & 4 alone disproves this backloaded works salvation double-talk

Protestant/Catholic, it’s two sides of the same coin. Protestants teach works salvation they are just dishonest about it, they deceptively backload the works into salvation which in turns damns the soul to hell.

References:

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: “Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Mark 5:46 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

The entire Gospel of John is (the only book written to tell us how to have eternal life John 20:31 “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”) Never uses the word repent one time. If we have to repent of our sins to be saved then John really blew it, and the Gospel of John can’t get anybody saved.
If you are looking for the easy way out, Christianity isn't the answer.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Churches in my area you click on their website they have the “repent of your sins” to be saved lie, have backloaded works salvation into the gospel meaning they are not saved, or they are non KJV only, dispensationalist, or some other damnable heresy, not to mention the female preachers, contemporary music instead of psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. It is always something that makes these churches false. They might be KJV only, claim soul winning, but then they will turn out to be dispensationalist, Schofield reference bible heretics. or turn around and say that you actually have to have the works to be saved.

The fact is that salvation is a free gift by grace through faith and these people who want to complicate the gospel and add their filthy rag works or commandments of men, church tradition, or other damnable heresies to it, they are going to split hell wide open.

Reformed/Protestant: “Saved by faith alone, but true faith is never alone” “if you’re truly saved you will have the works” “We are not saved by works, but works are the evidence of salvation” "saved by faith, but if you don't have the works you are not saved"

What a load of nonsense! Romans 4:5 says But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The Will of the Father is to believe on the Son (John 6:40) and we see that Jesus says “I never knew you” to the works salvationists. Not “I used to know you but you lost your salvation” No, they never had salvation because they never believed the gospel of grace through faith alone. and they are workers of iniquity because there are none good no not one, there is not a righteous man upon earth. that doeth good and sinneth not. the unsaved think they are righteous, sinless, but in reality they are only deceiving themselves. (1 John 1:8)

The works salvationist is not saved, and calls God a liar 1 John 5:10-11 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.

11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.

there those who think they are justified by their works will be judged and condemned by their works on the last day. John 12:48 “He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.”

The only way we are justified, righteous before God is by our faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift (Romans 5:15) Works justify us in the eyes of man, but are filthy rags before God. Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

Isaiah 64:6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Protestant/Catholic, it’s two sides of the same coin. Protestants teach works salvation they are just dishonest about it, they deceptively backload the works into salvation which in turns damns the soul to hell.

References:

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: “Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Luke 8:50 But when Jesus heard it, he answered him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.

John 11:25-26 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Galatians 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Acts 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,”

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1 Thessalonians 4:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

2 Thessalonians 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Mark 5:46 As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 2:23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

The entire Gospel of John is (the only book written to tell us how to have eternal life John 20:31 “But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”) Never uses the word repent one time. If we have to repent of our sins to be saved then John really blew it, and the Gospel of John can’t get anybody saved.
James 2:14
(14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:17
(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:18
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:20
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:24
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Revelation 2:13
(13) I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Revelation 2:19
(19) I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Genuine faith results in obedience not because you have to but because you want/desire to because you now love God with all your heart, mind and soul because you have the Spirit of God dwelling in you through the new birth. You are now a new creation in Christ and want to obey Him not because you have to and earn anything from God. Real faith as James says produces good works. Paul says we are Gods workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works. Ephesians 2:8-10. The fruit of the spirit is what flows from that new life/relationship with Christ and not the deeds of the flesh. The disciple of Jesus denies himself, takes up his cross daily and follows Him.

hope this helps !!!
In James 2:18, he said that he would show his faith by his works, so it is not that obedience is the result of faith, but that obedience is what faith looks like. In Titus 2:11-14, our salvation is described as being trained by grace to do what is godly, righteous, and good, and to renounce doing what is ungodly, so again it is not that these works are the result of our salvation or that our salvation is the result of doing these works, but that God graciously teaching us to do these works is itself to content of His gift of saving us from not doing them. Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so while we do not earn our salvation by living in obedience it, living in obedience to it is nevertheless intrinsically the content of the gift of saving us from not living in obedience to it.

Upvote 0

Cockcrow

Jan 12, 2022
Southern USA
✟74,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
James 2:14
(14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
James 2:17
(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:18
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:20
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:24
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Revelation 2:13
(13) I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Revelation 2:19
(19) I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
Works are evidence of salvation before man, not before God, as salvation is by faith and not of works.

Romans 4:2-5 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.

3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

References:

I believe in eternal salvation by God's sovereign grace, without the help of mankind, but I believe you are greatly limiting how many have an eternal inheritance.

The salvation scriptures, according to Strong's concordance are deliverances. There is a one time eternal deliverance that was accomplished on the cross for all of the elect, those that God gave to his Son, and there are many deliverances that the born again children of God receives as he lives his life here on earth.

The reason most of God's elect children are believing in eternal salvation, by their good works, is due to them applying all of the salvation scriptures to mean eternal salvation, when in actuality, most of them are referencing deliverances that the born again children of God receives, by their good works, as they sojourns here on earth.

I believe this harmonizes with the two gates in Matt 7:13-14, Both gates represent born again children of God. The wide gate being those who are teaching and preaching eternal salvation by works, (the disobedient household of Jacob/Israel, whom God blinded to the truth) and the straight gate are those who the Holy Spirit has revealed a knowledge of the truths of Christ's doctrine. (the remnant of the household of Jacob/Israel.).

Zeph 3:11-13 tells about the disobedient household of Jacob/Israel, and the remnant of the household of Jacob/Israel.

I believe Ezk 10 also harmonizes by depicting all of God's elect as being a large wheel (the invisible church, the wide gate), and the smaller wheel, as being (the visible church, the straight gate) within the large wheel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe in eternal salvation by God's sovereign grace, without the help of mankind, but I believe you are greatly limiting how many have an eternal inheritance.

The salvation scriptures, according to Strong's concordance are deliverances. There is a one time eternal deliverance that was accomplished on the cross for all of the elect, those that God gave to his Son, and there are many deliverances that the born again children of God receives as he lives his life here on earth.

The reason most of God's elect children are believing in eternal salvation, by their good works, is due to them applying all of the salvation scriptures to mean eternal salvation, when in actuality, most of them are referencing deliverances that the born again children of God receives, by their good works, as they sojourns here on earth.

I believe this harmonizes with the two gates in Matt 7:13-14, Both gates represent born again children of God. The wide gate being those who are teaching and preaching eternal salvation by works, (the disobedient household of Jacob/Israel, whom God blinded to the truth) and the straight gate are those who the Holy Spirit has revealed a knowledge of the truths of Christ's doctrine. (the remnant of the household of Jacob/Israel.).

Zeph 3:11-13 tells about the disobedient household of Jacob/Israel, and the remnant of the household of Jacob/Israel.

I believe Ezk 10 also harmonizes by depicting all of God's elect as being a large wheel (the invisible church, the wide gate), and the smaller wheel, as being (the visible church, the straight gate) within the large wheel.

The visible church would be all those professing Christianity, which is larger.
The invisible church would be all the born again, which is smaller.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There is a major difference between these two statments:

1.) Our salvation involves choosing to do good works.
2.) Our salvation involves choosing to do good works for the purpose of earning it as a wage.

While there are many verses that deny #2 because it is an incorrect reason for doing good works, there are many verses that support #1 because there are correct reasons for doing good works, and the problem is that you are mistaking the verses that deny #2 as denying #1. When people speak about "works salvation", they are usually referring to #2, but you are lumping everyone who believes #1 into the same group as #2 by referring to all as works salvation and are then trying to argue against those who believe #1 by using verses that argue against #2.

Our salvation is from sin (Matthew 1:21) and sin is the transgression of God's law (1 John 3:4), so doing good works is intrinsically part of the concept of Jesus saving us from not doing good works. For example, honoring our parents is intrinsically part of the concept of Jesus saving us from not honoring our parents, so perhaps the difficulty in finding a non works salvation church building is that it is a self-contradictory concept. In Matthew 4:17-23, Jesus began his ministry with the Gospel message to repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand, so repenting from our sins to be saved is not backloading works salvation into the Gospel, but rather it is directly the content of the Gospel that Jesus taught.

The content of a free gift can itself be the experience of doing works. For example, someone can be given the opportunity to drive a Ferrari for an hour, where the work of them driving it does not detract from the opportunity to drive it being given to them as a free gift. In a similar way, the content of God's gift of eternal life is the experience of knowing God and Jesus, and God's law is His instructions for how to have that experience, not for how to earn it as a wage: In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him because he never knew them, so knowing God and Jesus is the goal of the law, which is eternal life (John 17:3). In Psalms 119:29-30, David wanted to put false ways far from him, for God to be graciously to him by teaching him His law, and he chose the way of faithfulness, so this has always been the way to receive the free gift of salvation by grace through faith.

Luther said "an idle faith is not a justifying faith", so should not take the doctrine that he coined of being saved by faith alone while rejecting what he meant by it.

While Paul denied in Romans 4:5 that we can earn our justification as a wage, he also said in Romans 2:13 that only doers of the law will be justified, so there are correct reasons why our justification requires us to choose to be doers of the law other than than incorrect reason earning it as a wage. Furthermore, while there are many other verses that speak against earning our justification as a wage, there are also many other verses that support our salvation and eternal life requiring us to do good works, such as Romans 2:6-7, Romans 6:19-23, Matthew 7:23, Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28, Hebrews 5:9, and Revelation 22:14.

In that verse, Jesus notably did not say that he would tell those who are Works Salvationists to depart from him, but that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him, and you are here promoting being workers of lawlessness. The Father has straightforwardly made His will known through what He has commanded in His law, especially when it is in parallel with Jesus telling those who are workers of lawlessness to depart from him, so there is no need to jump to another book in order to figure out what Jesus was speaking about, though believing in the Son is not doing something different because God's law is His instructions for how to believe in the Son, which is why the Son said that the way to enter eternal life is by obeying God's commandments. The Bible refers to many who are righteous, such as Noah (Genesis 6:8-9), or Zechariah and Elizabeth (Luke 1:5-6), so it is false that there is no one who is righteous by living in obedience to God's law, through it is a false accusation that those who think that they are righteous think that they are sinless.

Please recognize that those verses are not speaking about works salvationists, but rather it is you who are inserting that into those verses. Jesus instructed his followers to obey his commandments, so anyone who rejects his commandments is rejecting him and receiving not his words

In Isaiah 64:6, it is not God speaking, but rather it is the people complaining about God not making coming down and making his presence known, while in reality the righteous deeds of the saints are like fine white linen (Revelation 19:8). In Genesis 26:4-5 God multiply Abraham's children as the stars of heaven, to his children He will give all these lands, and through his children all of the nations of the earth shall be blessed because Abraham obeyed God's voice and guarded His charge, His commandments, His statues, and His laws, so Abraham being justified through faith in the promise in accordance with the Gospel does not exclude obedience to God's law.

In Romans 3:31, Paul said that our faith upholds God's law, yet you do not.

It is contradictory for you to promote believing in God in contrast with believing in God's word. In other words, it is contradictory to believe that God is trustworthy, but that the law that He has instructed is not.

In Ephesians 2:10, we are new creations in Christ to do good works, so while it denies that we can earn our salvation lest anyone should boast, it does not speak against the role of works in regard to our salvation.

Grace is a gift and a gift can't be earned, so grace is incompatible with works insofar as those works are done to earn a wage, however, works can be done for many other reasons that are not incompatible with grace. There are a number of verses where God is gracious to us by teaching us to do good works, such as Exodus 33:13, Psalms 119:29-30, and Titus 2:11-14.

You've cited many verses with which I agree that we need to believe in the Son and call upon his name in order to be become saved, though what exactly it means to do that needs to be unpacked. Jesus is God's word made flesh, so it is contradictory to believe in the Son in contrast with obeying God's word.

The NT calls for us to repent from our sins, so there is no need for that specific phrase to also be found in John in order for us to know what we should do that, especially when that Gospel instructs us to do many things that are synonymous with repenting from our sins, like obey Christ's commandments and to believe in him.

The natural man, before he has been quickened to the new spiritual life, will not repent of breaking one of God's spiritual laws, which he thinks is foolishness.

Those who are instructed to repent, are already born again children of God. There is a deliverance (salvation) for them from the consequences of their sin when they repent and God forgives them, but it is not an eternal deliverance (which they already have), but is a deliverance that they receive as they sojourn here in this world.

According to Strong's concordance, salvation=deliverance, saved=delivered, save=deliver. There is a on time eternal deliverance, that was accomplished on the cross, and there are many deliverances that the child of God receives as he sojourns here on earth.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The visible church would be all those professing Christianity, which is larger.
The invisible church would be all the born again, which is smaller.

All of the scriptures must harmonize before you can understand the truth that Jesus taught, and I do not believe your theory will harmonize.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All of the scriptures must harmonize before you can understand the truth that Jesus taught, and I do not believe your theory will harmonize.

It's not theory, it's observable fact. . .like gravity is observable fact.

I see perfect harmony, what to you see that is not?

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Works are evidence of salvation before man, not before God, as salvation is by faith and not of works.
Romans 4:2-5 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
You're mixing apples with oranges. There is a HUGE difference between the "works of the law" and works that result from faith in Christ, which you don't seem to understand. See what I have highlighted in your post.
Reminds me of an old analogy. Man says, "I'm a carpenter." So someone asks, "Do you have a hammer?" "Nope, no Hammer." "Do you have a saw?" "Nope, no saw." "Have you ever built anything." "Nope, never built anything. But I'm a carpenter."
Are we supposed to disobey Jesus because some folks can't tell the difference between "works of the O.T. law" and "good works" resulting in faith in and obedience to Christ?

Matthew 5:14-16
(14) Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(15) Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
(16) Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Mark 4:21, Luke 11:33

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Ok, here we go again, as Reagan pretty much said to Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Presidential Debate...... I will refrain from taking an absolutist position on this matter. I have mixed feelings. Having said that, I would point out to all of you who criticize an emphasis upon repentance and by implication an emphasis upon works, that it was not too many generations ago that much of American Protestantism placed a huge emphasis upon holiness and the importance of repentance. Recent decades has led to this doctrine of "once saved, always saved" and therefore no need to be concerned about holiness and good works. Most independent religious historians are of the view that Jesus placed a high priority upon following the commandments given to Moses and showing mercy to the poor, aka good works. These same independent religious historians point out that Paul preferred to emphasize faith. Now this does not mean and Paul and Jesus were opposed to each other. Many will say that faith and good works are two sides of the same coin. Nevertheless, I think it best to remember the words of Jesus in Matthew. He clearly stated that those who call him Lord, but fail to help those in need, will NOT make it to Heaven.

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just keep in mind, while you are pointing your finger at all the wrongdoing of others, you have three pointing back at yourself. :)

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you are the problem?
FALSE. Crow is NOT the problem with their quote you mentioned. I'm sorry Saint Steven, I agree with your Christian Universalists posts, But when Crow says

End quote.

Crow is not "the problem", Crow's quote tells the TRUTH my friend. Salvation is a free gift, grace through faith. Works salvations IS a damnable heresy. We believe with faith alone in Jesus Christ and are saved. Period. That's all we need to be saved. Nothing we can do can save us, ALL of our works are like FILTHY RAGS (Isaiah).

Romans 4:3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.”

Philippians 3:9 And be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ

Upvote 0

HSong

Jesus-Saves-All
Sep 11, 2022
Canada
Visit site
✟43,566.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“We are not saved by works, but works are the evidence of salvation”
The works being evidence of salvation is true though, to clarify. I'm very strict about salvation, so I will go after individual points. Faith is the seed, but afterwards, good works are only possible AFTER salvation. There's ZERO works before salvation. Works are like fruit. You can get the fruit of a tree without first planting the seed (faith alone in Jesus Christ to be saved)

Genesis 15:6 And he believed the Lord, and he counted it to him as righteousness.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

References:

Common false gospels that I hear are saved by grace through faith and works - most common false gospel.
"Initially" saved by grace through faith, not works, then "ultimately" saved by works - type 2 works salvation at the back door.
Saved by grace through faith and "these" works (good works/works of faith etc..) and just not "those" works (works of the law).
Saved by grace plus law, faith plus works - typically taught by modern day Judaizers.

Upvote 0