• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Transgender "Inclusive"Language:Where does it end and begin?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by LovelyGiselle, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armoured

Armoured So is America great again yet? Supporter

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    Since when?

2. SnowyMacie

SnowyMacie Well-Known Member

+5,926
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    Or why anyone would choose to become a second-class citizen.

3. SnowyMacie

+5,926
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    What does that have to do with my post?

4. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

+3,113
    Pagan
    Legal Union (Other)
    UK-Greens
    Indeed.
    Take all the horrible stuff women have to put up with in our culture, even today, and then add the stigma associated with transgender to the mix, and you get a remote idea of what MtFs have to endure.

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,330
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't understand why that's such a big deal anyway as the ladies' rooms toilets are all in little stalls with doors for privacy. I'd think this would be a greater privacy issue for men with their open urinals.

6. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,330
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Possible Poe?

7. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    It's so hard to tell these days. Though I must admit, the transexual robots is a new one here.

Of course, evil gender transexual robots bent on world domination has been done before;

[​IMG]

8. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,330
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yeah, but I can't see them taking over the world. Our reptilian overlords would never allow that.

9. Belk

Belk Senior Member

+6,133
    Agnostic
    Married

Conversely, we could go with medical science and the opinions of the people who study this for a living. Though I have to admit, I would find it very amusing to see someone receive a diagnosis of "Because Satan!"

[​IMG]

10. SnowyMacie

+5,926
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    Exactly.

The reality:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. razzelflabben

razzelflabben Contributor

+2,382
    Non-Denom
    Married
    not sure I should get involved in the discussion, but on father's day, there was a big story about Jenner throwing a father's day party for his/her children (and himself/herself/itself) I asked the question then why he/she would throw a fathers day party if he was their mother all these years. No one could answer....I have learned a lot about the transgender issue over the last few months and what I have learned should scare most people with any kind of sense.

12. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    I don't know the backstory, but those 2 photos are disturbing on a number of levels.

13. SnowyMacie

+5,926
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    Pretty much all of the transwomen with children that I've met (all of them were born before their transition), their kids still call them "dad" because that's what they are to the kids.

14. SnowyMacie

+5,926
    United States
    Anglican
    In Relationship
    Top is a transman in the women's restroom and the bottom is a transwoman in a men's restrooms. These and some other photos were taken in to show why laws to prevent transgender individuals from using the appropriate restroom would end up in situations like this.

15. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    Because she wanted to/her family wanted to? Who cares? Why is it anyone's business but her family's?
    Well, I just answered. So there you go. Happy to help.
    ...such as...?

16. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    Ah, I see.

Look, I don't care if you're trans or whatever. Who the heck wears their cowboy hat to the toilet?

17. razzelflabben

+2,382
    Non-Denom
    Married
    but, if there is really a difference that is internal, that is not just based on physical sexual organs, then the kids would have no problem with celebrating mothers day instead of fathers day and since Jenner is trying to present a female personnel, seems to me that celebrating fathers day is just confusing the kids more. Point being...if this is a matter of an inward conflict, then straighten out the conflict rather than making more confusion for everyone.

As I said, I have learned a lot in the last little bit and it is very very disturbing.

18. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    I'm sure she and her kids can't wait for your adjudication on what they should call each other
    As I said, "such as"?

19. razzelflabben

+2,382
    Non-Denom
    Married
    according to the story, Jenner was the one who threw the party, not the family.
    everyone who has ever struggled with identity should care. The whole issue is about identity of one kind or another. That makes it relevant to everyone who has ever struggled with identity, which is pretty much so everyone.
    Not sure what the snotty ness is about, I just answered according to the question asked and what I observed...as to whose business it is, if it isn't anyone elses business, why was it in the news? See, the moment he/she/it became a celebrity, it became everyones business whether that is how it should be or not.
    oh, you don't want to know...the things I have seen and heard out of the transgender community the last couple of weeks would make you sick to your stomach and get me kicked off the forum just for speaking about it. In addition to that, I have evidence that at least some of it is demonic in nature. (not saying all, saying some...and that is just the tip of the iceberg) My point is that this isn't a no harm no foul topic, rather it is a topic with grave consequences. I am sure there are some who have no idea what they are getting into, but I am also sure that most don't want the truth to come out.

20. Armoured

+13,798
    Catholic
    Married
    I do, actually. That's why I asked.
    Why bring it up if you don't want to talk about it?
    What sort of "evidence"?
    That being the truth that you found out for yourself, but don't want to share with us, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.