Transgender "Inclusive"Language:Where does it end and begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deidre32

Follow Thy Heart
Mar 23, 2014
Somewhere else...
✟74,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sadly, the transgender community has been mistreated for a while, just like other minority groups in history, and even today. I happen to believe that the transgender community simply just wants respect and kindness, like we all do. It isn't for me to judge if they have an agenda, but rather to show them the love of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Sadly, the transgender community has been mistreated for a while, just like other minority groups in history, and even today. I happen to believe that the transgender community simply just wants respect and kindness, like we all do. It isn't for me to judge if they have an agenda, but rather to show them the love of Jesus.

I really like this response. Thank you. You have said what should be said by someone who follows Jesus Christ. A perfect example of His love and mercy.

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Holy smokes that OP is so long it made my screen freeze for a second. If ever there was something that deserved a TL;DR. Why not just summarize coherently. Well I sure haven't had any problems with inclusive language. I guess if people have a problem with it they can just not use it. We have a transgender student in my class. He's cool. Nobody is bugging out.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is "the transgender agenda"?

don't know

I think the OP might mean bunch transgender conspire together, trying to eliminate Christians by finding ways to spit in our food.

honestly, God want them to come back to His fold

we need to stop this us vs them mentality.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
. If ever there was something that deserved a TL;DR. Why not just summarize coherently.
I think the gist is "social acceptance of transgender people is new and therefore disturbing, why can't things be like they were on Happy Days when everyone looked and acted the same?"

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ummmm except that when mentally they are female the heal is to make the body comport to their mind, the mind is dominate, what someone looks like isn't often who they are, and shouldn't the thing that is dominate decide? You can stick a human brain in a cats body and they are still human, just in a cats body.
I do have sympathy for genuine cases ,but
People should not base medical decisions on personal beliefs. Or we end up attempting to beat demons out of people instead of offering treatments that are actually effective.
It does seem that there are genuine cases of people truly feeling they are one sex ,while having the body of another ,and this would be a nightmare to live out .If genuine, it will start in early childhood ,and if treatment means changing the gender identity to fit the body ,yes it will bring some relief .However behind this , the reason it is all happening ,is that humanity is caught up in the lies and distortions created by the fact that Satan, after having been banished for a time, is now well and truly ruling us, until Jesus returns .

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Catholics would probably argue along the lines of "natural law", that is: if God (and thus Nature) intended for you to be a male trapped in a woman's body, then it's your destiny and duty to live with that.
Of course, this'd also mean that short-sighted people ought to stumble around blindly, as God clearly wanted them to. And that inflamed appendix was obviously meant to kill you.

And for those who conflate transgender and homosexuality: what do you make of "transbians" like myself, then? I was born and raised as a boy, yet identified as female since my pre-school days. Romantically and sexually, however, my relationship history unequivocally shows I'm pretty much exclusively in women.

How does that fit into your narrow world view, fundamentalist Christians? Am I a sinning by being lesbian? Or a godly heterosexual who just like to dress extravagantly.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan isn't behind transgender people. Indications are pointing toward hormone interaction in the womb causing the brain to develop opposite of the body. Just like how hormone interaction can cause the body to develop opposite of the hormones.

Asking for respect doesn't "force" you to do anything, let alone to "enter into their disphoria".
All sickness is of Satan since the Fall ,all of it . Sometimes it comes through inheritance , through the family 'sins', including tribal ones ,but we were not sick in 'paradise '. When familes teach false ideas about God and His truth there is an inevitable consequence to the générations which follow .We are not Individuals in the way the Anglo /American West would have us believe ,but connected ,and when we promote 'sin' in public we are responsible for the 'sin of others, especially the young .

Sometimes ,for our souls long term health, we need to suffer in silence and offer it up , than to influence the new generation into degeneration . It is called 'carrying your cross', and has been forgotten entirely by most of us in the west .

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Social justice warriors, UNITE!!!!!!
6e4583bcaa7ca4698cc20fd7dd56ed60.jpg
Tonight an ordinance in my city which, among other things, allowed men to use women's restrooms was defeated.

The overriding sentiment in my Facebook feed is best characterized as "Keep crying, liberals, we love your tears".

I won't endorse that position. I sure won't condemn it though.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
It seems fundamentalists would put Satan on equal terms with God, which is a surprisingly dualist approach for self-proclaimed monotheists believing in an omnipotent Sovereign.
In a universe designed and ruled by an omnimax deity, there could be no deviation from the divine plan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Tonight an ordinance in my city which, among other things, allowed men to use women's restrooms was defeated.

The overriding sentiment in my Facebook feed is best characterized as "Keep crying, liberals, we love your tears".

I won't cry. I'll just roll my eyes at so much ignorance and stupidity congratulating itself for being obnoxious.
People clapping each other on the shoulder for excluding and discriminating against transgenders (and conceiving of transwomen as men pretending to be women) strikes me as no different from racists cheering for apartheid in the early 1960s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a source for your previous statements? Two people asked you. One. Two.

As for the "popular myth", I am not sure what you think is a myth. Given the post you quoted, I'm guessing that you might be referring to the evidence of brains developing opposite of the sex of the body. Since there is evidence, by definition, not a myth.

Lacking "firmly established etiology" doesn't make something a myth. Continuing to call Gender Dysphoria by the outdated term "Gender Identity Disorder" seems like a desperate move to hold on to the idea that it is a disorder even though it isn't.
It should be common sense that therapy is better than colluding with Gender Identity Disorder, and certainly preferable to self mutilation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship

Houston? My mom was talking about that proposition a few weeks ago and how she didn't want to go to restrooms with men. I've always personally wondered the point of those bathroom laws because I don't understand what really stops transwomen from using women's restrooms or transmen from using mens, nor creeps disguising themselves and sneaking into restrooms.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It should be common sense that therapy is better than colluding with Gender Identity Disorder, and certainly preferable to self mutilation.
"Common sense"

Translation: "No, I don't have anything to back up my claim, I just really, REALLY want it to be true."

Upvote 0

Armoured

Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have great compassion for genuine cases but I think it's just become a fad for people rebellious to God.
Can you imagine ever, under any circumstances, choosing to undergo gender reassignment therapy for a "fad"?
It's New Age stuff where they aim to control the world with computer transgender robots

...to control the world with... computer... transgender... robots...?

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Houston? My mom was talking about that proposition a few weeks ago and how she didn't want to go to restrooms with men. I've always personally wondered the point of those bathroom laws because I don't understand what really stops transwomen from using women's restrooms or transmen from using mens, nor creeps disguising themselves and sneaking into restrooms.
Kindness perhaps ,but respect involves agreement ,and that is not for sale .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.