tolerance vs acceptance

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
the_malevolent_milk_man said:
How are homosexuals hurting you fiscally?

It does not deny you freedom of speech or religion.

You can still be just as much of a fundy as you are today, you just can't impose your religious beliefs on others. Say all the silly things you want, it's your right. It's also my right to call them silly.
When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community, it became a political issue rather than a medical issue. Consequently, previously proven methods for containing sexually transmitted diseases were ruled discriminatory and the the disease spread like wildfire. Millions if not billions of tax dollars have been spent on medical treatment that could have been used for better purposes.

Also, my tax dollars are confiscated and turned over to homosexual activists against my will to brainwash young impressionable children in public schools. My tax dollars being used to spread a message contrary to my religious beliefs.

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community, it became a political issue rather than a medical issue. Consequently, previously proven methods for containing sexually transmitted diseases were ruled discriminatory and the the disease spread like wildfire. Millions if not billions of tax dollars have been spent on medical treatment that could have been used for better purposes.

Also, my tax dollars are confiscated and turned over to homosexual activists against my will to brainwash young impressionable children in public schools. My tax dollars being used to spread a message contrary to my religious beliefs.
ohhh, you make it to easy.

AIDS has ravaged Africa far more than homosexuals in America. It's not like heterosexuals are immune. I have a better idea. Let's stop working on a cure for cancer because all those old voters have made it politcally motivated too. Yeah it's a terrible disease and we should stop it but who cares? They're old and will die sooner or later anyways.

Haha... I suppose those kooky christian sects who don't believe in modern medicine have a valid point as well, using your train of logic. Modern medicine is completely against their religion, yet we pour billions of dollars into it. I'd imagine they're pretty angry about that. You have a good point, let's stop all government funding to anything that opposes anybodies religious beliefs, no matter how psychotic they are.

edit: haha, mispelled "pour" as "poor" when talking about billions of dollars... one post can only have so much sarcasm/irony.

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
Fortunately, the law allows you to refuse employment to any individual just on the basis of disliking the person. That allows for a whole lot of leeway. Somebody was thinking logically for a change.
If you dislike them for the reasons listed (weight, race, sexual orientation, etc...) then you are in the wrong if you discriminate against them for a job and face prosecution.

I repeat: read the article, then comment.

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
If you dislike them for the reasons listed (weight, race, sexual orientation, etc...) then you are in the wrong if you discriminate against them for a job and face prosecution.

I repeat: read the article, then comment.
You never have to say why you dislike someone. It's a shame we have to manipulate the system to exercise our rights and freedoms

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
ohhh, you make it to easy.

AIDS has ravaged Africa far more than homosexuals in America
This has nothing to do with my statement. I never said that the homosexuals are the main victim of the disease, i merely saud "When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community".[/QUOTE]It's no secret that the initial outbreak however was dominant amongst the male homosexual community. Had the existing methods of containment been employed, millions of lives probably would have been saved along with billions of dollars

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
You never have to say why you dislike someone. It's a shame we have to manipulate the system to exercise our rights and freedoms
It's not what you say, it's what you do that counts. As a christian you should be ashamed for promoting dishonesty and hurting others because of your petty biggotry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
This has nothing to do with my statement. I never said that the homosexuals are the main victim of the disease, i merely saud "When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community".
It's no secret that the initial outbreak however was dominant amongst the male homosexual community. Had the existing methods of containment been employed, millions of lives probably would have been saved along with billions of dollars[/QUOTE]
Could you please site some sources here?

I'm also thrown by what you're saying, here are your points.

-The government has spent to much money on AIDS because of gays.
-Due to improper containment the problem became larger than it should be.

Um... perhaps it's me but maybe ENOUGH money wasn't spent in your scenario to prevent the outbreak.

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
It's no secret that the initial outbreak however was dominant amongst the male homosexual community. Had the existing methods of containment been employed, millions of lives probably would have been saved along with billions of dollars
I'm also thrown by what you're saying, here are your points.

-The government has spent to much money on AIDS because of gays.
-Due to improper containment the problem became larger than it should be.

Um... perhaps it's me but maybe ENOUGH money wasn't spent in your scenario to prevent the outbreak.
Had the money been used properly initially, the disease would have been limited thereby requiring less money later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
How am I promoting dishonesty?
You said you never have to say why you didn't hire somebody, even if it's for an illegal reason. Basically you're saying "It's ok, just so long as nobody can prove it.

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
blemonds said:
Contact tracing and quarantine.
Ohhhh so you're one of those cretins who thinks we should banish all AIDS infected homosexuals to some baren wasteland and let them die there. How "christlike" of you.

Oh, and are you also one of those people who thinks that heterosexuals don't get AIDS?

Upvote 0