tolerance vs acceptance

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
the_malevolent_milk_man said:
You said you never have to say why you didn't hire somebody, even if it's for an illegal reason. Basically you're saying "It's ok, just so long as nobody can prove it.
I never said that at all. I only said you don't have to say why you don't like a person. If you don't want to hire a person because you don't like his sexual preference, you only need to say you don't like him. That would be a true and honest statement. There's no requirement to qualify your dislike.

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
blemonds said:
There's no requirement to qualify your dislike.
Okay so you have two prospective employees. One was more than qualified for the job, had a great personality, and submitted an impressive resume but was gay. Then you have another guy and he's slightly less than qualified, obviously takes no pride in his appearance, and doesn't even have a resume but it straight and married with 3 kids. You would pass up the better candidate for the job just because he was gay?

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
msjones21 said:
Okay so you have two prospective employees. One was more than qualified for the job, had a great personality, and submitted an impressive resume but was gay. Then you have another guy and he's slightly less than qualified, obviously takes no pride in his appearance, and doesn't even have a resume but it straight and married with 3 kids. You would pass up the better candidate for the job just because he was gay?
Neither, I would keep looking. By the way, how did I know this person was gay in the first place?

Upvote 0

msjones21

Nov 26, 2003
Atlanta, GA
✟3,674.00
Faith
Pagan
blemonds said:
By the way, how did I know this person was gay in the first place?
Well that what I was wondering when you so boldly proclaimed your right to deny somenoe employment because they're gay oh, but cleverly disguised as your overall dislike of them.

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
You said you never have to say why you didn't hire somebody, even if it's for an illegal reason. Basically you're saying "It's ok, just so long as nobody can prove it.
It's not illegal to refuse employment to someone you don't like. If you don't like them because of their sexual preference, then you don't like them. There's no need to include a qualifier.

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
msjones21 said:
Ohhhh so you're one of those cretins who thinks we should banish all AIDS infected homosexuals to some baren wasteland and let them die there. How "christlike" of you.

Oh, and are you also one of those people who thinks that heterosexuals don't get AIDS?
That's hyperblic. Quarantine does not equal banishment to a barren wasteland. Heck, I've been quarantined due to an allergic reaction because the doctors needed time to make a diagnosis. I survived unscathed and everyone's health was protected. No problemo.

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Well, newsflash.....aids is forever. that is banishment.
I won't even bother with every other problem with that idea. You are not serious are you? I am beginning to think you are a troll. I reallly don't think you mean it, since everything you say seems to be the worse thing possible.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community, it became a political issue rather than a medical issue. Consequently, previously proven methods for containing sexually transmitted diseases were ruled discriminatory and the the disease spread like wildfire. Millions if not billions of tax dollars have been spent on medical treatment that could have been used for better purposes.

Also, my tax dollars are confiscated and turned over to homosexual activists against my will to brainwash young impressionable children in public schools. My tax dollars being used to spread a message contrary to my religious beliefs.
AH - but Blemonds, you fail to recognize the FACT that AIDS, worldwide, is mostly a HETEROSEXUAL disease. You do the math.

Upvote 0

chalice_thunder

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2004
Seattle
Visit site
✟7,202.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
This has nothing to do with my statement. I never said that the homosexuals are the main victim of the disease, i merely saud "When AIDS ravaged the homosexual community".
It's no secret that the initial outbreak however was dominant amongst the male homosexual community. Had the existing methods of containment been employed, millions of lives probably would have been saved along with billions of dollars[/QUOTE]
WRONG AGAIN! The initial outbreak was in AFrica

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
W

watt

MR. GARRISON
Is there a problem, boys?
KYLE
Yes, Mr. Garrison, I have to go now.
MR. GARRISON
Oh really, Kyle? What is it this time?
Another prostate tumor?
KYLE
No, my little brother has been
abducted by aliens.
Mr. Garrison stares blankly at Kyle.
KYLE (cont’d)
It's true! Ask Cartman, they gave him
an [snip] probe!
Cartman looks around at the other children, extremely
embarrassed, and finally forces a little laugh as if to
say it's all a little joke.
CARTMAN
Uhh.. Huh, huh... That’s a little
joke.
Kyle steps to the front of class.
KYLE
Mr. Garrison, seriously, I HAVE to go!
Can I PLEASE be excused from class?
MR. GARRISON
I don't know, Kyle. Did you ask Mr.
Hat?
Kyle looks down at the stupid puppet on Garrison's hand.
KYLE
I don't want to ask Mr. Hat, I'm
asking YOU!
MR. GARRISON
Oh, I think you should ask Mr. Hat.
KYLE
(SIGHING)
Mr. Hat, may I please be excused from
class?...
Mr. Garrison shoves his puppeted hand violently in Kyle's
face, and changes his voice.
MR.HAT
Well Kyle, NO! You hear me? You go
to hell, you go to hell and you die!
MR. GARRISON
Hmm, guess you’ll have to take your
seat, Kyle.

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Blemonds said:
I never said that at all. I only said you don't have to say why you don't like a person. If you don't want to hire a person because you don't like his sexual preference, you only need to say you don't like him. That would be a true and honest statement. There's no requirement to qualify your dislike.
I dislike you because you are black. It's not discrimination, I just don't like you and will refuse to hire you. I don't care if you're a great person or hard worker, you're black and that's just wrong. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
I dislike you because you are black. It's not discrimination, I just don't like you and will refuse to hire you. I don't care if you're a great person or hard worker, you're black and that's just wrong. :rolleyes:
As I said, there is no requirement to quakify your dislike of a person. Which part of that statement don't you understand. Moreover, it's my opinion that if an employer does not like black people, he should not be forced to hire them.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
As I said, there is no requirement to quakify your dislike of a person. Which part of that statement don't you understand. Moreover, it's my opinion that if an employer does not like black people, he should not be forced to hire them.

So it is your opinion that whatever anyone does in terms of their hiring and firing pratices is fine with you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
I didn't say it's fine with me. I said that it is wrong to force them to do something against their will. that is a form of tyranny

Okay so it is not fine with you but it is tyranny so what do you suggest?

Upvote 0