• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. I just wanted to share something my fiance' came up with. She is a jewelry designer and has a shop with her daughter. They asked if I had an outlet for some of their items and I told them I would share it with everyone here at CF. So I started them an Etsy Shop account to showcase what they have done. And this is the first items! Check it out and let me know what you think!

Thanks so much! - Rex

Click here to see it!

tolerance vs acceptance

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by watt, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Mac6yver

Mac6yver Senior Member

+20
    Agnostic
    LOL, you should try that some time. See what happens. I encourage you.

2. the_malevolent_milk_man

the_malevolent_milk_man Well-Known Member

+132
    Atheist
    Single
    By your logic you can discriminate against somebody because they're a Baptist, Catholic, Muslim, Atheist, millitary veteran, homosexual, heterosexual, bi-sexual, celebate, a father, mother, man, woman, etc etc etc...

If I ever own a business I'm going to hang a sign outside that says "No christians or black people" because Blemonds says it's my right to do so.

3. praying

praying Snazzy Title Goes Here Supporter

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat

:eek: :eek: :eek: LOL

4. Blemonds

Blemonds Well-Known Member

+75
    This is about a gov't entity. I'm talking about private enterprise.

5. Blemonds

+75
    Now you get the picture. Why should the government dictate to me who I may or may not hire? Where is the freedom in that?

6. Blemonds

+75
    If the homosexuals can legislate their brand of morality, why can't I legislate mine?

7. SqueezetheShaman

SqueezetheShaman Well-Known Member

+121
    Agnostic
    no they aren't requiring you to marry one of them, only for them to be allowed to marry each other. Stop playing a victim.

8. draper

draper Perspicacious Poster

+211
    Agnostic
    CA-Others
    Because the homosexual's brand of morality doesn't hurt you.

9. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Folks some things are a lost cause, I think this is one

10. the_malevolent_milk_man

+132
    Atheist
    Single
    Actually I was being sarcastic... It's scary that you think this is right...

Once I finish my time machine I will travel back in time and become the leader of a white power movement (I'm 1/4white, that's good enough!). Once we have gained control of the local businesses we will neither hire nor do business with black people, mexicans, asians, homosexuals, etc... Basically, if you're darker than khaki you're boned. Once the local sector has been dominated by my white power organizations we will continue to grow. Eventually non white/heterosexual/males will be unable to work or even buy food on a nationwide level because all places of business will be operated by people who believe in my white power doctrine. All for you Blemonds, baby! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

11. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat

"Basically, if you're darker than khaki you're boned" this classic :D can I use it?

12. the_malevolent_milk_man

+132
    Atheist
    Single
    Haha, sure. Tell them that a Spanish/White/Indian white supremicist told ya.

13. notto

notto Legend

+627
    United Ch. of Christ
    The consitution does nothing to guarantee your rights in hiring or firing or as a business owner.

Discrimination Rules for Hiring Employees

from FindLaw.com
    The federal laws, which apply to employers in all 50 states, generally prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, gender, pregnancy, national origin, religion, disability and age (if the person is older than 40). If you are an employer with at least 15 employees, you must follow these federal laws (although the prohibition against age discrimination only applies to employers with 20 or more employees).

Many state and local laws also prohibit discrimination. These laws often include smaller employers (more often those with five or more employees, but you should double-check to make sure), and they often prohibit additional types of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of marriage, sexual orientation and weight. To learn about the anti-discrimination laws in your state, contact your state labor department or your state small business bureau.

In a very rare and narrow exception to the anti-discrimination laws, you can consider religion, gender and national origin when filling a position -- but you can never consider race. The legal term for this exception is bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ), and it applies when the characteristic is a necessary job requirement.

14. Blemonds

+75
    Marriage is not the only issue here so that's not a valid response

15. Blemonds

+75
    Thanks for posting that. There's nothing in there about homosexuals, the main topic here.

16. the_malevolent_milk_man

+132
    Atheist
    Single

plz 2 reed teh w0rbs.

17. Blemonds

+75
    Of course it hurts me. There is an incredible negative monetary impact on my because of the homosexual agenda, and it also attempts to deny me my Constitutional rights to free speech and freedom of religion.

18. the_malevolent_milk_man

+132
    Atheist
    Single
    How are homosexuals hurting you fiscally?

It does not deny you freedom of speech or religion.

You can still be just as much of a fundy as you are today, you just can't impose your religious beliefs on others. Say all the silly things you want, it's your right. It's also my right to call them silly.

19. SqueezetheShaman

SqueezetheShaman Well-Known Member

+121
    Agnostic
    omigoodness. thats the best yet i do believe

"negative monetary impact because of the homosexual agenda"

do tell us how that is blemonds.

20. armed2010

armed2010 Well-Known Member

+128
    Atheist
    US-Others