✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
I suggest the gov't stay out of the business of telling employers who they can hire.
No one is saying who and who not to hire. They are just saying discrimatory hiring practices are illegal. If a straight white white man with a family is most qualified then hire him. If a lesbian black woman is most qualified then your better have a really good reason for hiring the straight white guy. As a business owner these laws shouldn't pose a problem, do you not wish to hire the most qualified employees?

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
kermit said:
No one is saying who and who not to hire. They are just saying discrimatory hiring practices are illegal. If a straight white white man with a family is most qualified then hire him. If a lesbian black woman is most qualified then your better have a really good reason for hiring the straight white guy. As a business owner these laws shouldn't pose a problem, do you not wish to hire the most qualified employees?
You say that No one is saying who and who not to hire, then you turn around and say exactly who and who not to hire. A classic self contradiction

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds,

Do you like live on an island with no neighbors and you do all your shopping over the net and live off the land?

Most of us don't live like that so we have devised ways to intereact civily. Yes in many cases by gov't regs but that is because so many people thought like you. So for the better of society laws were passed to try and balance the scales.

I know that is a hard concept, but it is the way it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
I see a pattern here. Everytime someone disagrees with you, you label them a troll. I would expect more from someone claiming to be a genius. Surely you can do better
It's not the disagreeing that I label as trollish. It's posting remarks that seem to be posted just get a rise out of others. There are plenty trolls on here that I happen to agree with. They just don't address me directly.

Blemonds, maybe you're not a troll. I hope you are. If you really believe the things you say then I will pray for you tomorrow at church.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
If a new restaurant opened up in your town and they placed a sign in the window that said, "Now Hiring for All Positions. Women and Blacks Need Not Apply". Would you dine there?

out of spite I sure would. but the question is not would I dine there it is would I work there

Upvote 0

Blemonds

Aug 3, 2003
California
✟4,664.00
mhatten said:
out of spite I sure would. but the question is not would I dine there it is would I work there
If you dine there, then you support the employer's choice to discriminate. That's a fair deal. And you wouldn't work there because your application would not be accepted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Blemonds said:
You say that No one is saying who and who not to hire, then you turn around and say exactly who and who not to hire. A classic self contradiction
No contradiction. You don't have to hire a black, muslim, homosexual, etc. person. You just can't not hire them because they are black, muslim, homosexual, etc.

You can argue the constitutionality of non-discrimination laws all you want. Until the laws are repealled you are bound to follow them.

Upvote 0