To mandate a temporary jab, or not to mandate a temporary jab?

2PhiloVoid

You say you want a revolution? **cough**
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....Yes, that is the question!

Being that the current Covid vaccines only "last" in their effectiveness for approximately (and I say approximately) 4-6 months, then does this mean that if our government decides to finally mandate the Covid vaccines for the public, we'll have to be jabbed, jabbed and jabbed again every 6 months for the rest of our lives?

So, what will be the realistic limits of such a mandate and when, therefore, will the jabbing stop?

I'm just wondering since no one yet seems to be fielding this question anywhere (that I know of). :dontcare:

Article References:

Moderna says its COVID-19 shot 93% effective six months after second dose

Pfizer vaccine effectiveness reportedly declines

Last edited:
Reactions: public hermit

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I finished my Covid inoculation at the end of May, and glad I did it. I am against mandating it, and everybody else who believes in Constitutional rights should be as well, or at least lawmakers should actually change the Constitution according to how that is suppose to be done as set forth long ago. But what we got instead is a lot of politicians that will assume various powers until they are eventually chastened by the Supreme Court or some other high court of the land.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟326,321.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well pill form vaccines are in stage 2 of testing. Two different companies and one is a US and Israel effort. Then someone out there is working on a spray. I heard about this so researched it and it seems to be true. No clue how far away this is if ever becoming a reality. But a pill is easier to swallow so to speak lol.

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I finished my Covid inoculation at the end of May, and glad I did it. I am against mandating it, and everybody else who believes in Constitutional rights should be as well, or at least lawmakers should actually change the Constitution according to how that is suppose to be done as set forth long ago. But what we got instead is a lot of politicians that will assume various powers until they are eventually chastened by the Supreme Court or some other high court of the land.

That's great that you got the vaccine, but are you ready to keep getting it every 6 to 12 months for who knows how long, Pavel?

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's great that you got the vaccine, but are you ready to keep getting it every 6 to 12 months for who knows how long, Pavel?

Sure, but I think we are kidding ourselves on this. Even if more people get the vaccine that is not going to fix things and the virus. As people notice vaccine people can still spread it etc.

I actually believe we more or less got to accept that short of an act of God etc. that the virus is probably with us for a long time and just get on with life and accept the losses.

By the way if politicians really cared about the virus they would be doing other things that don't fit their political interests like closing the border, and doing tariffs against China or some other thing for punishing them and financing our virus management efforts seeing how they knowing and deliberately allowed the virus to spread by virtue of not stopping flights out of their country while they were curtailing their own domestic flights and travel.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure, but I think we are kidding ourselves on this. Even if more people get the vaccine that is not going to fix the virus. As people notice vaccine people can still spread it etc.
Maybe, but I think that's kind of being denied by foks in the CDC and/or some medical professionals.

I actually believe we more or less got to accept that short of an act of God etc. that the virus is probably with us for a long time and just get on with life and accept the losses.

By the way if politicians really cared about the virus they would be doing other things that don't fit their political interests like closing the border, and doing tariffs against China or some other thing for punishing them and financing our virus management efforts seeing how they knowing and deliberately allowed the virus to spread by virtue of not stopping flights out of their country while they were curtailing their own domestic flights and travel.
Good points, all, Pavel!

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟217,853.00
Faith
Non-Denom
This raises a bigger question. If vaccines are every few months what will this mean for vaccine passport ideas.....of course some regions are for this and some not....but what will this mean....you go to the door....OK have you received the last 5 vaccines? Oh you've only had two? Too bad...you can't come in here!" And what about one who hasn't been vaccinated at all and turn over a new leaf and say OK I'll get vaccinated. Yeah that's good they might say but it won't be for another year until you've had the mutiple, multiple shots that you get the privileges' of the FULLY vaccinated. ????????

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What about the Nuremberg Codes?

hmmm not sure where your going with that. But I did hear someone say that those codes actually prevent us from mandating an experimental vaccine on our populace.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,247,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I think a four to six month jab is a great idea for a revenue stream in perpetuity. I wish I had bought stock in these companies in January 2020.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think a four to six month jab is a great idea for a revenue stream in perpetuity. I wish I had bought stock in these companies in January 2020.

If by chance you find out that we can still get in on it, let me know! ^_^

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Reality.

• Agree
Reactions: Fr. Appletree
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't like the notion of mandating jabs, at all. I just wish the needed majority, whatever that is, would get it. But if governments do decide to mandate, I won't be taking to the streets in protest because at the end of the day individual freedoms depend on some perpetuity of the common good that secures the space in which individuals can be free. The quicker we can stop the virus, the quicker we can enjoy the individual freedoms that come with that common space. In my mind, the virus is our common enemy and we need a concerted effort to defeat it. HAHAHA! That has not been happening, at all. :(

A short history on mandatory vaccinations:
When Did Mandatory Vaccinations Become Common? | History News Network

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I remember some people in high elected positions last year saying that Covid was just like the Flu. Well guess what, there is a Flu shot every year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....Yes, that is the question!

Being that the current Covid vaccines only "last" in their effectiveness for approximately (and I say approximately) 4-6 months, then does this mean that if our government decides to finally mandate the Covid vaccines for the public, we'll have to be jabbed, jabbed and jabbed again every 6 months for the rest of our lives?

So, what will be the realistic limits of such a mandate and when, therefore, will the jabbing stop?

I'm just wondering since no one yet seems to be fielding this question anywhere (that I know of). :dontcare:

Article References:

Moderna says its COVID-19 shot 93% effective six months after second dose

Pfizer vaccine effectiveness reportedly declines

Seems that way huh. Saw somewhere they were talking about ..lol.. another variant? Yes you can guess much worse. That could have just been some fake news.. no clue

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,140,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember some people in high elected positions last year saying that Covid was just like the Flu. Well guess what, there is a Flu shot every year.

I'm sorry, but your two sentences of an argument is not only an erroneous comparison, it falls short of actually proving anything of any ethical importance. It barely even qualifies as an attempt at a Pragamatic argument.

I'm not anti-vax at all, but as far as the flu shot alone goes, I've never taken the flu shot and in 20+ years time, I've only had the flu 1 time.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟188,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like the notion of mandating jabs, at all. I just wish the needed majority, whatever that is, would get it. But if governments do decide to mandate, I won't be taking to the streets in protest because at the end of the day individual freedoms depend on some perpetuity of the common good that secures the space in which individuals can be free. The quicker we can stop the virus, the quicker we can enjoy the individual freedoms that come with that common space. In my mind, the virus is our common enemy and we need a concerted effort to defeat it. HAHAHA! That has not been happening, at all. :(

A short history on mandatory vaccinations:
When Did Mandatory Vaccinations Become Common? | History News Network

I don't think there will ever be a government mandate, I think it was even emphasized already that there won't be a Federal mandate...no..the mandates are coming from employers and businesses. At least from the places that matter most.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟845,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think there will ever be a government mandate, I think it was even emphasized already that there won't be a Federal mandate...no..the mandates are coming from employers and businesses. At least from the places that matter most.

I didn't realize that had been made clear on the federal level. Well, I think there is already a mandate for federal employees, isn't there? What about the state level? In the link I posted above that has happened in the past, i.e. state level.

Upvote 0