✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe because it is God's WORD :).

Of course it is forever it is a sign for seasons and times and will be kept in the New Earth along with the Sabbath (Genesis 1:13-19; Isaiah 66:23).

The Scripture is of course familiar. But I meant the notion that there is an everlasting sign that you say is fulfilled in Christ, so you don't actually do it.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that is easy. Is everything in the book of revelations literal? Does a beast represent a beast? Is a dragon a dragon? Does the harlot represent a harlot? Does Babylon represent the country? Is a lamb a lamb? Who is the bride? You may need to be careful now with literal interpretations from the book of symbols in Revelation.

And are they not generally explained? And is it not here?

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It presents the information--no temple. It explains why--no need the Almighty and the Lamb are the temple.

God is now dwelling among men. Paradise restored. Remember in the Garden God walked with them in the cool of the day, near that tree of life? Now He does again.

When God had them build the sanctuary He said let them build me a sanctuary that I might dwell among them.

They were driven from the garden due to sin, and it was through the sanctuary that He dwelt with them, and they would approach Him to receive removal of their impurities.

But now there is no need of the temple. Sin is removed. He is present with them again.

His throne is there. What would they go to see in this temple outside the city that Ellen White posits?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are the symbolic meanings for light according to God's WORD?

Now is the book of Revelations talking about literal light and sun or is it talking about the truth and life of God's WORD?

Light represented Christ in the Scriptures. And Christ is the light in Revelation. Are you telling me that there is never light associated with seeing God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That passage can be translated "from one month to another" which is in accordance with Rev 22:2
It sure can. :) Others also understood this:

"... The tree of life bears twelve kinds of fruits, and yields its fruit every month, probably one kind each month. This fact throws light upon the declaration in Isa.lxvi,23, that all flesh shall come up from one new moon to another to worship before the Lord of hosts. The word new moon should be rendered month. The redeemed come up to the city from month to month to partake of the fruit of the tree of life. Its leaves are for the healing of the nations: literally, the service of the nations. {February 3, 1863 JWe, ARSH 76.3} ..." - James White, Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, February 3, 1863

"... A fear of making the future inheritance seem too material has led many to spiritualize away the very truths which lead [675] us to look upon it as our home. Christ assured his disciples that he went to prepare mansions for them in the Father's house. Those who accept the teachings of God's Word will not be wholly ignorant concerning the heavenly abode. And yet, “eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” [1 Corinthians 2:9.] Human language is inadequate to describe the reward of the righteous. It will be known only to those who behold it. No finite mind can comprehend the glory of the Paradise of God. {GC88 674.3}

In the Bible the inheritance of the saved is called a country. [Hebrews 11:14-16.] There the heavenly Shepherd leads his flock to fountains of living waters. The tree of life yields its fruit every month, and the leaves of the tree are for the service of the nations. There are ever-flowing streams, clear as crystal, and beside them waving trees cast their shadows upon the paths prepared for the ransomed of the Lord. There the widespreading plains swell into hills of beauty, and the mountains of God rear their lofty summits. On those peaceful plains, beside those living streams, God's people, so long pilgrims and wanderers, shall find a home. {GC88 675.1}

“My people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting-places.” “Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.” “They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: . . . mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.” [Isaiah 32:18; 60:18; 65:21, 22.] {GC88 675.2}

There, “the wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.” “Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir-tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree.” [Isaiah 35:1; 55:13.] “The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard [676] shall lie down with the kid; . . . and a little child shall lead them.” “They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain,” [Isaiah 11:6, 9; 33:24; 62:3; 65:19.] saith the Lord. {GC88 675.3}

Pain cannot exist in the atmosphere of Heaven. There will be no more tears, no funeral trains, no badges of mourning. “There shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, . . . for the former things are passed away.” [Revelation 21:4, 11, 24, 3.] “The inhabitant shall not say, I am sick; the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.” [Isaiah 11:6, 9; 33:24; 62:3; 65:19.] {GC88 676.1}

There is the New Jerusalem, the metropolis of the glorified new earth, “a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.” [Isaiah 11:6, 9; 33:24; 62:3; 65:19.] “Her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.” “The nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it; and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.” [Revelation 21:4, 11, 24, 3.] Saith the Lord, “I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people.” [Isaiah 11:6, 9; 33:24; 62:3; 65:19.] “The tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.” [Revelation 21:4, 11, 24, 3.] {GC88 676.2}

In the city of God “there shall be no night.” None will need or desire repose. There will be no weariness in doing the will of God and offering praise to his name. We shall ever feel the freshness of the morning, and shall ever be far from its close. “And they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light.” [Revelation 22:5; 21:22.] The light of the sun will be superseded by a radiance which is not painfully dazzling, yet which immeasurably surpasses the brightness of our noontide. The glory of God and the Lamb floods the holy city with unfading light. The redeemed walk in the sunless glory of perpetual day. {GC88 676.3}

“I saw no temple therein; for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” [Revelation 22:5; 21:22.] The people of God are privileged to hold open communion with the Father and the Son. Now we “see through a glass, darkly.” [1 Corinthians 13:12.] We [677] behold the image of God reflected, as in a mirror, in the works of nature and in his dealings with men; but then we shall see him face to face, without a dimming veil between. We shall stand in his presence, and behold the glory of his countenance. {GC88 676.4}

There the redeemed shall “know, even as also they are known.” The loves and sympathies which God himself has planted in the soul, shall there find truest and sweetest exercise. The pure communion with holy beings, the harmonious social life with the blessed angels and with the faithful ones of all ages, who have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, the sacred ties that bind together “the whole family in Heaven and earth,” [Ephesians 3:15.]—these help to constitute the happiness of the redeemed. {GC88 677.1}

There, immortal minds will contemplate with never-failing delight the wonders of creative power, the mysteries of redeeming love. There is no cruel, deceiving foe to tempt to forgetfulness of God. Every faculty will be developed, every capacity increased. The acquirement of knowledge will not weary the mind or exhaust the energies. There the grandest enterprises may be carried forward, the loftiest aspirations reached, the highest ambitions realized; and still there will arise new heights to surmount, new wonders to admire, new truths to comprehend, fresh objects to call forth the powers of mind and soul and body. {GC88 677.2}

All the treasures of the universe will be open to the study of God's redeemed. Unfettered by mortality, they wing their tireless flight to worlds afar,—worlds that thrilled with sorrow at the spectacle of human woe, and rang with songs of gladness at the tidings of a ransomed soul. With unutterable delight the children of earth enter into the joy and the wisdom of unfallen beings. They share the treasures of knowledge and understanding gained through ages upon ages in contemplation of God's handiwork. With undimmed vision they gaze upon the glory of creation,—suns and stars and systems, all in their appointed order circling [678] the throne of Deity. Upon all things, from the least to the greatest, the Creator's name is written, and in all are the riches of his power displayed. {GC88 677.3}

And the years of eternity, as they roll, will bring richer and still more glorious revelations of God and of Christ. As knowledge is progressive, so will love, reverence, and happiness increase. The more men learn of God, the greater will be their admiration of his character. As Jesus opens before them the riches of redemption, and the amazing achievements in the great controversy with Satan, the hearts of the ransomed thrill with more fervent devotion, and with more rapturous joy they sweep the harps of gold; and ten thousand times ten thousand and thousands of thousands of voices unite to swell the mighty chorus of praise. {GC88 678.1}

“And every creature which is in Heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb forever and ever.” [Revelation 5:13.] {GC88 678.2}

The great controversy is ended. Sin and sinners are no more. The entire universe is clean. One pulse of harmony and gladness beats through the vast creation. From Him who created all, flow life and light and gladness, throughout the realms of illimitable space. From the minutest atom to the greatest world, all things, animate and inanimate, in their unshadowed beauty and perfect joy, declare that God is love. {GC88 678.3} ..." - The Great Controversy 1888/1911; Chapter 42, the Controversy Ended; pages 674.3 - 678.2 - Link -https://www.thedesireofagesproject.com/free-gc-audio-book.html

By the way, GREAT Thread! Excellent Topic.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Scripture is of course familiar. But I meant the notion that there is an everlasting sign that you say is fulfilled in Christ, so you don't actually do it.

You may need to explain yourself as you have already been answered with scripture why we dont. Please see post 18, you ignored it.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 65:20 KJB - There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

[Context: Isaiah 65:17 KJB - For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.]
Shall we not see how the text begins with:

"There shall be no more thence an infant of days", in comparison to the latter part of the text?, "the child shall die an hundred years old".

Let's see what the whole chapter says:

65 1 I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.

2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;

3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;

4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;

5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.

6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,

7 Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the Lord, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.

8 Thus saith the Lord, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

God is going to judge Israel. But He will leave a remnant.

9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

God will bring a seed out of Jacob and Judah.

10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.

11 But ye are they that forsake the Lord, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.

12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

God speaks to the wicked who go to the sword.

13 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:

14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.

15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord God shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

God will judge the wicked, and then there will be a time where His
servants who follow Him, the remnant, will be blessed.

Now we will come back to the new heavens and new earth. Speaking of the heavens and earth is frequent in the book of Isaiah. But in context of the chapter this is after God's judgment of a rebellious people, and now we anticiapte the blessing of His people. The former troubles are forgotten.

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

This is all echoed in Revelation of course. But look at what is happening in this chapter.

no weeping,

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

His people will have long life. No longer will there be babies who are born but live only a few days.

21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

They have the fruit of their crops rather than their enemies eating it.

22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them.
24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

They have a long life, and abundance, they will live as long as a tree (but note not eternally here).

25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the Lord.

The wild animals, instead of attacking people, are friendly.

This is a description of the blessings of the Mosaic covenant, the opposite of the curses in the curses and blessings.

A period of judgment is foretold on Israel, but God will preserve a remnant. Then He will bless them, and they will have long life, crops, etc. But this does not describe them living forever.

And again look at chapter 66 where it also speaks of the new heavens and new earth:

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

12 For thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream: then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.

13 As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
14 And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb: and the hand of the Lord shall be known toward his servants, and his indignation toward his enemies.
15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.

16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many.

17 They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord.

18 For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory.

19 And I will set a sign among them, and I will send those that escape of them unto the nations, to Tarshish, Pul, and Lud, that draw the bow, to Tubal, and Javan, to the isles afar off, that have not heard my fame, neither have seen my glory; and they shall declare my glory among the Gentiles.

God will destroy His enemies, and be glorified among the nations.

20 And they shall bring all your brethren for an offering unto the Lord out of all nations upon horses, and in chariots, and in litters, and upon mules, and upon swift beasts, to my holy mountain Jerusalem, saith the Lord, as the children of Israel bring an offering in a clean vessel into the house of the Lord.

21 And I will also take of them for priests and for Levites, saith the Lord.

He will bring the children of Israel back from their captivity. And he will take of them for priests and Levites. Why Levites? Because this is still talking about the restoration and time of blessing after the captivity, described in glowing terms.

There is no need for Levites in the New Jerusalem. Jesus is of the Priesthood of Melchizadek, not Levi.

22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Though God will punish Israel and send them among the nations, they will be restored, and their name preserved, and they shall come again to worship him.

24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

They will look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against God.

Now all of these promises, and many others from Isaiah, are taken up and expanded in Revelation. They are fulfilled in an even more glorious way. We don't live as long as a tree, but forever. We don't have a Levitical priesthood and Levites, we need no temple because God dwells with men.

Gods description here of the new heavens and new earth are because early during His judgment on the nations at that time He said He shook the earth. The restoration is seen as a new heaven and new earth.

Or you can think heaven has children dying, Levitical priests, wicked living to 100, etc.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And are they not generally explained? And is it not here?

22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

It presents the information--no temple. It explains why--no need the Almighty and the Lamb are the temple.

God is now dwelling among men. Paradise restored. Remember in the Garden God walked with them in the cool of the day, near that tree of life? Now He does again.

When God had them build the sanctuary He said let them build me a sanctuary that I might dwell among them.

They were driven from the garden due to sin, and it was through the sanctuary that He dwelt with them, and they would approach Him to receive removal of their impurities.

But now there is no need of the temple. Sin is removed. He is present with them again.

His throne is there. What would they go to see in this temple outside the city that Ellen White posits?

Yes they are generally explained with scripture as demonstrated in post # 32 for light. The Book of revelation is full of symbolism which is defined in God's WORD. Not sure how this post of yours answers what you are quoting or what point it is making. You may need to explain yourself further.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Light represented Christ in the Scriptures. And Christ is the light in Revelation. Are you telling me that there is never light associated with seeing God?

Goodness did you read post # 32. That is exactly what it is saying. Where did I say there is never light associated with seeing God? God's WORD is a light to those who sit in darkness and a lamp unto my feet. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Are you saying God's WORD is not light? It is the power of creation and the Sabbath is the sign of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word new moon should be rendered month. The redeemed come up to the city from month to month to partake of the fruit of the tree of life. Its leaves are for the healing of the nations: literally, the service of the nations. {February 3, 1863 JWe, ARSH 76.3} ..." - James White, Advent Review and Sabbath Herald, February 3, 1863

Apparently James forgot to ask his wife because she says new moon.

Ellen G. White Estate: Daily Devotional

There they will assemble in the sanctuary from Sabbath to Sabbath, from one new moon to another, to unite in loftiest strains of song, in praise and thanksgiving to Him who sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb forever and ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Of course, that is why I quoted it.

He is the light.......and He actually is, not just spiritually, not just metaphorically. He is both.

Indeed so how does that support your theory that there is no moon in the new earlth when God's Word says there is?

Is everything in the book of revelations literal? Does a beast represent a beast? Is a dragon a dragon? Does the harlot represent a harlot? Does Babylon represent the country? Is a lamb a lamb? Who is the bride?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry, folks reading will get it. You may not.

In any case, rest assured I am familiar with why you think you should not.

Something we agree on. I think all can see who has God's WORD on their side. :)
I am not sure why you believe the way you do. I cannot see it from God's WORD.

Ok nice talking to you. I have to say goodbye for now:wave:

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God speaks of shaking the heavens and earth in Isaiah. But it is talking about the judgment on Babylon, etc.

First he calls on the heavens and earth to witness the sins of His people.

2 Hear, O heavens, and give ear, O earth: for the Lord hath spoken, I have nourished and brought up children, and they have rebelled against me.
3 The ox knoweth his owner, and the ass his master's crib: but Israel doth not know, my people doth not consider.
4 Ah sinful nation, a people laden with iniquity, a seed of evildoers, children that are corrupters: they have forsaken the Lord, they have provoked the Holy One of Israel unto anger, they are gone away backward.

God calls on the heavens and earth to be witnesses of His sinful people. The rest of the chapter states He is going to judge them.

In chapter 13 he describes the destruction of Babylon at the hands of the Medes, and describes how He will shake the heavens and remove the earth from its place.

13 The burden of Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz did see.
2 Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them, shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles.
3 I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness.
4 The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of hosts mustereth the host of the battle.
5 They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.
6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
9 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.
10 For the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11 And I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
12 I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir.
13 Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger.
14 And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.
15 Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword.
16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
17 Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
18 Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
19 And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20 It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
21 But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of doleful creatures; and owls shall dwell there, and satyrs shall dance there.
22 And the wild beasts of the islands shall cry in their desolate houses, and dragons in their pleasant palaces: and her time is near to come, and her days shall not be prolonged.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again in chapter 14 He speaks of His judgment on the whole earth, but particularly Babylon and Assyria:

22 For I will rise up against them, saith the Lord of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the Lord.
23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the Lord of hosts.
24 The Lord of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand:
25 That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders.

26 This is the purpose that is purposed upon the whole earth: and this is the hand that is stretched out upon all the nations.
27 For the Lord of hosts hath purposed, and who shall disannul it? and his hand is stretched out, and who shall turn it back?

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In chapter 24 God again describes His judgment on the nations of that time by speaking of the destruction of the earth:

24 Behold, the Lord maketh the ,earth empty and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.

3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word.

4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And again later in 24 the notion of the removal and destruction of the earth:

18 And it shall come to pass, that he who fleeth from the noise of the fear shall fall into the pit; and he that cometh up out of the midst of the pit shall be taken in the snare: for the windows from on high are open, and the foundations of the earth do shake.
19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.
20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's judgment at that time was said to shake the heavens and put the earth out of place. It is in that light that He speaks of a new heaven and new earth when describing the restoration of Israel after this judgment, first on Israel, then on Assyria and Babylon.

The result of the restoration is a time of covenant blessings and restoration Israel.

John adapts these various pictures and applies them to the end times judgment, and the better realities there.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Goodness did you read post # 32. That is exactly what it is saying. Where did I say there is never light associated with seeing God? God's WORD is a light to those who sit in darkness and a lamp unto my feet. To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. Are you saying God's WORD is not light? It is the power of creation and the Sabbath is the sign of it.

I am saying Jesus said He is the light. And that is literal and Spiritual. God's WORD is light, which is Jesus.

Yes, the Scriptures also shed light. But I have no reason to think that when it says there will be no sun there that it is not true.

I have no need to think when it says there will be no temple there that it is not true. There is no more need of a temple, He is with them, as in the garden.

If you want to explain all of Revelation's description of the New Jerusalem as symbolic, that is up to you. But it is pretty plain what it says.

Upvote 0