Jesus perfectly complied with the Law of God - Perfectly fulfilled the Law of God

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Rom 8:4 The Law of God "fulfilled IN US who do NOT walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. "

Ex 20:7 "do not take God's name in vain" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and mother" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament

Yet it does not tell us that as Christians we should no longer
love God with all the heart
Love neighbors as ourselves

Honor our father and mother Eph 6:2'

Or that we should start taking God's name in vain

1 John 2:1 - "these things I write to you that you sin not"
1 John 3:4 - "sin IS transgression of the LAW"
Rev 14:12 "saints KEEP the Commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"

Lev 23 Passover predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 First fruits predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 Pentecost/"Feast of Weeks" Predictive law -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament

No wonder the NEW Covenant is OLD Testament Jer 31:31-34 and writes the moral Law of God on the heart and mind
================================

No wonder we find that for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Addresses two key points --- irrefutably
1. is the weekly Sabbath abolished at the cross? Answer: no - it is kept for all eternity after the cross.
2. is the weekly Sabbath for all mankind or "just the Jews"? Answer - "for all mankind.

Christ is LORD of the Sabbath - Mark 2:28
The Sabbath was MADE for mankind -- Mark 2:27

Every Sabbath Paul was in the Synagogues preaching the gospel to BOTH gentiles and Jews - Acts 18:4
Gentiles ask for more gospel preaching to be scheduled for them "on the NEXT Sabbath" Acts 13 (request made by them AFTER the Jews leave the Synagogue)

Last edited:

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rom 8:4 The Law of God "fulfilled IN US who do NOT walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. "

Ex 20:7 "do not take God's name in vain" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Ex 20:12 "Honor your father and mother" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Deut 6:5 "Love God with all your heart" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 19:18 "Love your neighbor as yourself" -- perfectly complied with by Christ in the New Testament

Lev 23 Passover predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled with by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 First fruits predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled with by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 Pentecost/"Feast of Weeks" Predictive law -- prediction fulfilled with by Christ in the New Testament

No wonder the NEW Covenant is OLD Testament Jer 31:31-34 and writes the moral Law of God on the heart and mind

No wonder we find that for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Is 66:23

Every Sabbath Paul was in the Synagogues preaching the gospel to BOTH gentiles and Jews - Acts 18:4
Gentiles ask for more gospel preaching to be scheduled for them "on the NEXT Sabbath" Acts 13 (request made by them AFTER the Jews leave the Synagogue)
Jesus also kept the feast of booths

It looks like that's celebrated forever, or at least is coming back for a while in the future

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Indeed He did as we all saw in the OP point to the Lev 23 annual feast days --
Lev 23 Passover predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 First fruits predictive law -- -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament
Lev 23 Pentecost/"Feast of Weeks" Predictive law -- prediction fulfilled by Christ in the New Testament
Are you wishing more of them were listed?

Or are you thinking that all the spring feast events have happened as predicted but some of the fall feast events are not yet completed?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

Or are you thinking that all the spring feast events have happened as predicted but some of the fall feast events are not yet completed?
No.

I brought up Jesus keeping the feast of booths because it's a law that Jesus complied with and Zechariah 14 because Zechariah uses similar language to Isaiah 66.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

In Matt 5 Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law. He didn't emphasize just part of the Law, so we have to assume He came to fulfill every jot of the Law. Those who try to tell us He didn't do what He said He was doing really do not regard His words as truth. We know from Paul's writings in 2Cor3 that the ten commandments were temporary and have been replaced by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, so they have been fulfilled. The sacrificial laws Jesus fulfilled at Calvary, so we know He started a new phase of how Jews and all mankind are to live. Special days are no longer required by Jews (Gentiles were never under them or any of the Law). That is why the new covenant is mute on when to worship.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I brought up Jesus keeping the feast of booths because it's a law that Jesus complied with

I brought up those other Lev 23 annual holy days included in the list with "feast of booths" in Lev 23 -- because it is Jesus in perfect compliance with those ceremonial laws.

Heb 10:4-12 says "He takes away the first to establish the second" when it comes to ceremonies based in animal sacrifice ended at the cross.

I guess we all knew that.

and Zechariah 14 because Zechariah uses similar language to Isaiah 66.
Finding "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" in Zech 14 is harder than you may first have imagined.

In any case Is 66:23 shows us that this goes on for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth - a Bible detail often skimmed passed by those who find it inconvenient.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In Matt 5 Jesus said He came to fulfill the Law.
I am glad we agree on something.

He didn't emphasize just part of the Law, so we have to assume He came to fulfill every jot of the Law.
Read the actual details in the OP - both ceremonial and moral law examples are dealt with .

Respond to the OP when you have a chance.,
Those who try to tell us He didn't do what He said He was doing really do not regard His words as truth.
Yeah that is what I am thinking.

No wonder He said in Matt 5 - not to teach that He came to abolish the law of God
We know from Paul's writings in 2Cor3 that the ten commandments were temporary
No such statement in 2 Cor 3.

1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" --- as already noted in the OP.

The sacrificial laws Jesus fulfilled at Calvary,
So says Heb 10:4-12 -- another point where we apparently agree.

predictive laws like ceremonies pointing to a specific event predict - like Passover and the cross - are fulfilled when the sacrifice it predicts is made and as Heb 10 says regarding animal sacrifice and offerings in ceremonial law -- "He takes away the first to establish the second".

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I brought up those other Lev 23 annual holy days included in the list with "feast of booths" in Lev 23 -- because it is Jesus in perfect compliance with those ceremonial laws.
Yes, and Jesus also complied with the feast of booths.

Heb 10:4-12 says "He takes away the first to establish the second" when it comes to ceremonies based in animal sacrifice ended at the cross.
Zechariah speaks of the feast of booths being celebrated in the future.

I guess we all knew that.
Possibly :)

Finding "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" in Zech 14 is harder than you may first have imagined.
The Sabbath isn't mentioned in Zechariah 14; the feast of booths is.

In any case Is 66:23 shows us that this goes on for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth - a Bible detail often skimmed passed by those who find it inconvenient.
If, after God gathers all the nations, we celebrate the Sabbath and then go and look on dead bodies, I'm fine with that :heart:

I'm also fine with God bringing back the feast of booths :heart:

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It looks like that's celebrated forever, or at least is coming back for a while in the future
I brought up Jesus keeping the feast of booths because it's a law that Jesus complied with and Zechariah 14 because Zechariah uses similar language to Isaiah 66.

If, after God gathers all the nations, we celebrate the Sabbath and then go and look on dead bodies, I'm fine with that :heart:

Egypt is symbolic of the flesh, ("great of flesh", Eze 16:26 KJV, see also Gal 4:24-29, Rev 11:8, and many other passages and discourses), which is what the plague is about in Zec 14:12-19, that is, the flesh of the natural minded needs to be dissolved as they stand on their feet, and their eyes need to be melted in their sockets, and their tongues need to be consumed in their mouths, in order for them to understand spiritual things.

The mind of the flesh imagines this to be a prophecy about some sort of futuristic nuclear holocaust. It isn't. It's about the things of "the flesh" (figurative) being dissolved so that the (formerly) carnal minded one may begin to see the spiritual realities taught in the scripture, (in figurative prophetic language). In this manner there shall be no more Canaanite in the house of the Most High, (Zec 14:21), and that is because the Canaanite will no more be a Canaanite, (Mat 15:21-28), being grafted into the olive tree of Yisrael, (Mat 15:28, (by faith/belief/trust)). :)

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Possibly :)

The prophecy in Zechariah 14 has mixed symbolism in it. Part refers to the second coming and part to the first coming of Jesus. The part that refers to the first coming includes the reference to the feast of tabernacles as during Zechariah's time the Jews were not keeping it.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The prophecy in Zechariah 14 has mixed symbolism in it. Part refers to the second coming and part to the first coming of Jesus. The part that refers to the first coming includes the reference to the feast of tabernacles as during Zechariah's time the Jews were not keeping it.
I invite you to break it down and say which verses refer to which time period, if you wish :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I invite you to break it down and say which verses refer to which time period, if you wish :heart:
Here is the part that refers to the first coming.

Zechariah 14: 16 ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Who is going to disobey God after the second coming? There will be no sin in heaven nor will there be drought as it will be the earth made new, The earth before the flood had never seen rain as it was watered by dew.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Zechariah 14: 16 ¶ And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
Thanks for that :heart: I see it differently.

Verse 16 looks like it's connected to verse 12, the nations that fight against Jerusalem.

And if we say the verses 20 and 21 are after the second coming, then we have sacrifices still going on at that time.

But I agree that the chapter is a difficult prophetic piece to fit. I think the same is true of Isaiah 66:

Everyone is traveling to Jerusalem?

Who is going to disobey God after the second coming?
There may be things that need to be hashed out during the millennium or something.

There will be no sin in heaven nor will there be drought as it will be the earth made new, The earth before the flood had never seen rain as it was watered by dew.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for that :heart: I see it differently.

Verse 16 looks like it's connected to verse 12, the nations that fight against Jerusalem.

And if we say the verses 20 and 21 are after the second coming, then we have sacrifices still going on at that time.

But I agree that the chapter is a difficult prophetic piece to fit. I think the same is true of Isaiah 66:

Everyone is traveling to Jerusalem?

There may be things that need to be hashed out during the millennium or something.
When the Jesus comes there will be no 2nd chances.

Revelation 22: 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

There are no 2nd chances. When Jesus comes the 2nd time He rewards everyone what they have earned by how they have lived their life. Everyone will have already made their final choice. Their spiritual condition is settled forever. The passage couldn't be clearer.

• Agree
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the Jesus comes there will be no 2nd chances.

Revelation 22: 11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

There are no 2nd chances. When Jesus comes the 2nd time He rewards everyone what they have earned by how they have lived their life. Everyone will have already made their final choice. Their spiritual condition is settled forever. The passage couldn't be clearer.
Without getting into the details of that, can you show from history when this happened in the past? During Jesus' first coming?

When did "any who are left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem" go to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of booths?

Here's a different version

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Without getting into the details of that, can you show from history when this happened in the past? During Jesus' first coming?

When did "any who are left of all the nations that came against Jerusalem" go to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of booths?

Here's a different version
The flood.

• Haha
Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The flood.
Do you want to be more specific? From the brevity of your answer, it sounds to me like you don't really want to talk about it.

But if you do want to talk about it, are you saying that the flood occurred during Jesus' first coming? Which nations that attacked Jerusalem were celebrating the feast of booths during the flood?

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do you want to be more specific? From the brevity of your answer, it sounds to me like you don't really want to talk about it.

But if you do want to talk about it, are you saying that the flood occurred during Jesus' first coming? Which nations that attacked Jerusalem were celebrating the feast of booths during the flood?
What more needed to be said? Only eight people got on the ark and when the door was shut no one else could enter. It's almost as I've you have never read the story of the flood.

There were no second chances. All decisions made before the door was closed were final.

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What more needed to be said? Only eight people got on the ark and when the door was shut no one else could enter. It's almost as I've you have never read the story of the flood.

There were no second chances. All decisions made before the door was closed were final.
Okay, and then
You then proceed to quote Zechariah 14: 16-19

When during Jesus first coming was the following prophecy fulfilled?

Upvote 0