John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The people who are "holier" than us have been Raptured away. The antichrist has made his appearance. We, who are not as holy, have been left behind.
What do you plan on doing at this time? Are you still going to preach to those people who also remain? Will you still post on this site - assuming that there is still a site to post on? (I guess that the Pre-Trib Believers Safe House will no longer be needed). Will you try hiding in a secluded area? What will you do?

Since most of the people on this forum won't be here, I expect only a few replies to this thread but that's O.K.

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The people who are "holier" than us have been Raptured away. The antichrist has made his appearance. We, who are not as holy, have been left behind.
What do you plan on doing at this time? Are you still going to preach to those people who also remain? Will you still post on this site - assuming that there is still a site to post on? (I guess that the Pre-Trib Believers Safe House will no longer be needed). Will you try hiding in a secluded area? What will you do?

Since most of the people on this forum won't be here, I expect only a few replies to this thread but that's O.K.

John if you really feel this way, don't you think it might be time to launch out and do a little personal work? Preaching to the choir is one thing, but there are many places to go.

I'm going to encourage you to take a step out of the door and walk through another one. Here is a place you might want to visit. No reason to stay here. Might as well pack up the bags and put your walking shoes on for the journey ahead.

The Paranormal Forums • Index page

Upvote 0

ptomwebster

Jul 10, 2011
MN
Visit site
✟1,922.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What do you plan on doing at this time? ...

I'm not going anywhere; I am staying in the field working just like Christ's told us to do. Those that run are running into the arms of Satan thinking he is Christ. That is what happens to the majority of the Christian church that has spent years listening and following traditions of man. Most of them already have his mark in their forehead and are doing his work.

most of the people on this forum won't be here.

That is true, they will at in Satan wedding banquet or in his bed.

John if you really feel this way, don't you think it might be time to launch out and do a little personal work? Preaching to the choir is one thing, but there are many places to go....
The Paranormal Forums • Index page

In some cases you might have a better chance in there than here but we are supposed to fish out of the right side of the boat.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ptomwebster;63090190]
I'm not going anywhere; I am staying in the field working just like Christ's told us to do.

My Bible tells me to be watching and waiting.

Those that run are running into the arms of Satan thinking he is Christ.

My Bible says 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
I'll be watching and waiting for what Christ said.

That is what happens to the majority of the Christian church that has spent years listening and following traditions of man.
It appears you do not understand what the traditions of men are.

Most of them already have his mark in their forehead and are doing his work.
Maybe you should read your Bible for instruction and then repent.

That is true, they will at in Satan wedding banquet or in his bed.
In some cases you might have a better chance in there than here but we are supposed to fish out of the right side of the boat.
If you are left here working when the trump of God sounds, you will be given strong delusion. Sadly, I'm not sure it will be necessary.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Where did you get the idea that we pre-tribbers think that only the more holy Christians will be raptured? Whenever the rapture occurs, it will be for every last person that has truly trusted in Jesus as his or her savior. We believe that will take place before the end time period.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1disciple - I guess that after the Rapture occurs, you and I will still be here on this site.

ptom - What will you be growing in your field?

CW - What are you watching and waiting for. In this thread, the Rapture has already occurred. I guess that you are gone. You can probably look down on the rest of us.

James - If EVERY person who believes in Jesus Christ is Raptured, then you just called Jesus Christ a liar because He said that "many will be deceived".
Besides you will be gone. You won't have to worry anymore.

Does anyone else want to admit that they are going to be here after the Rapture?

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

John S said in post 1:

Those Of Us Left Behind

Are you referring to those "left" in Luke 17:26-37? If so, Luke 17:26-37 and Matthew 24:37-41 refer to what will happen at Jesus' second coming, "when the Son of man is revealed" (Luke 17:30), "the coming of the Son of man" (Matthew 24:37,39), which Jesus had just finished saying will not happen until immediately after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31). Those "taken" at the second coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will be unsaved people who will be taken to where they will be killed and birds will eat their dead bodies (Luke 17:36-37; Matthew 24:28, compare Job 39:30b; Revelation 19:21). The Greek word "paralambano" ("taken": Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) can be used to refer to being taken to another place to be killed (John 19:16-18).

Those "left" where they are at the second coming (Luke 17:34-36, Matthew 24:40-41) will include unsaved people who will be forced to come up annually to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19). These unsaved people will have to be ruled with a rod of iron by Jesus and the bodily resurrected church during the millennium (Revelation 2:26-29, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 20:4-6, Psalms 2, Psalms 66:3, Psalms 72:8-11). And their descendants will be deceived by Satan after the millennium is over into committing the Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39).

Before the millennium, at Jesus' second coming, those in the church will neither be "taken" and killed, nor "left" where they are, but will be "gathered together" (raptured) (Matthew 24:31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1) into the sky to hold a meeting in the air with the returned Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:17). The purpose of this rapture meeting will be so that those in the church can be judged by Jesus (Psalms 50:3-5, compare Mark 13:27) and married to Jesus (Revelation 19:7) in the sky, before Jesus descends from the sky (the first heaven) with the obedient part of church to bring his second-coming wrath on the unsaved world (Revelation 19:14 to 20:3).

So the second coming will be like "the days of Noah" (Matthew 24:37) and "the days of Lot" (Luke 17:28,30) in that just as Noah went into the ark before the Flood, and Lot went out from Sodom before it was destroyed, so the church will be raptured into the sky at the second coming (1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, Matthew 24:30-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8, Revelation 19:7) before Jesus begins the second-coming wrath (Revelation 19:15 to 20:3, Luke 17:26-30, Matthew 24:37-39).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
re Noah and Lot.
Bible2 does not have the meaning Jesus intended. He was instead pushing the fact that people would not believe they really had to leave, because after all, wasn't Jerusalem God's city, and sanctioned, etc. It couldn't really be as awful as he was predicting. In other words, most people in the 7th decade in Jerusalem would still have the mindset that the disciples had in Mt 24:1, 2--that the temple and these fine buildings were immune from destruction. Some zealots even thought they would be safe there in a simple, magical sense.

So Jesus said you've got to leave when you see the place surrounded, and when you see the disgusting zealots take over and even murder the temple's leaders.

It is no accident that the imagery of Dan 9 about these events was 'like a flood.' Obviously it is not literal, but it reaches back to imagery of the worst of episodes in the Biblical account. And the greatest mocking by unbelievers.

The material is not rapture-centric at all, which was merely one issue dealt with in terms of the Thess rumor about the day of the Lord having already happened, which it had not. The idea that everything else about NT doctrine and history should be shaped or forced around a rapture from that point on is nonsense.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BW's question is right. Not that I get involved in these kinds of things, but my first reacton about the ones holy enough to be raptured was, 'oh, brother, someone has set up another criterion for another salvation of one kind of believer, but not another.'

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Where did you get the idea that we pre-tribbers think that only the more holy Christians will be raptured? Whenever the rapture occurs, it will be for every last person that has truly trusted in Jesus as his or her savior. We believe that will take place before the end time period.

:):):) "...it will be for every last person that has truly trusted, and all those that had not trusted, in Jesus as his or her savior." eg, Jn.5":28, 29? Just your friend Jack. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

angel in hope

May 11, 2013
wv
✟7,947.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok..well being a christian i would only hope that my lamp is full of oil and ready..amen..now if i were to be left behind the first thing i would do is reconize that this is the rapture..there should be alot of problems around the world..

Ok the second thing i might do would be to cry and ask god why and say no...then i would have to think of why i didnt go up in the rapture and relize that god has a plan for me.....

Then i would get on my knees and ask for forgiveness for my sins and repent and pray as long as i could and ask god for wisdom and knowledge on what is will for me here on the earth would be....

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Iosias - Are you smoking a cigar or a cigarette - and what brand of whiskey?

IP - What will you be doing when you are left behind?

shturt -I take it that you won't be here.

AIH - It sounds to me like you are a Rapture enthusiast. Don't worry, you'll go.
Those of us who find that theory to be a ridiculous idea - inspired by Satan himself - won't be going anywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zanting

not so new
Mar 15, 2012
✟47,296.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Do you truly believe this?...if so...why? Perhaps those you speak of have been gone for a very long time and we are the ones left to witness. If so...then that is exactly what all of should be doing.

I believe we have lots of work to do to bring Gods children home, whether a so called rapture has occurred or not. I also believe that God will protect His witnesses during the end times to do just that. So if we truly are those left behind...as you put it...then off to work we go.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1disciple - I guess that after the Rapture occurs, you and I will still be here on this site.

ptom - What will you be growing in your field?

CW - What are you watching and waiting for. In this thread, the Rapture has already occurred. I guess that you are gone. You can probably look down on the rest of us.

James - If EVERY person who believes in Jesus Christ is Raptured, then you just called Jesus Christ a liar because He said that "many will be deceived".
Besides you will be gone. You won't have to worry anymore.

Does anyone else want to admit that they are going to be here after the Rapture?

The only taking and leaving that Christ speaks of in Matthew 24 is the taking away of the wicked and the leaving behind of the righteous. So when it comes to 'rapture', those who look forward to being 'taken' have a real issue that needs to be addressed.
And they did not understand until the Flood came and took them all away. Just so will the Coming of the Son of man be. Then there shall be two men in the field; the one shall be taken away and the other left behind. Two women grinding at the mill; the one will be taken away and the other left behind. -- Matt. 24
When it comes to that particular 'rapture', you better hope and pray that you are left behind. Being left behind in this context of Matthew 24 is a good thing. Because the only 'taking away' that's going on in this rapture is the taking away straight to Hell.

Rapturists misconstrue these verses just as they misconstrue all verses. For there is no truth whatsoever in their eschatology or doctrine. Not a trace. Not a shred. Not one wit. Their deception is the uttermost, penultimate deception.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Zanting - It's called sarcasm.
I'm going to assume that you are going to be left behind also.

1disciple - You mocked me on this thread and you state your intellectual superiority on your thread - but your "intelligence" failed to comprehend the idea of sarcasm. So sad.
BTW - Shove your supposed "superiority" up your wazzoo.

Upvote 0

1disciple

Apr 6, 2013
✟1,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zanting - It's called sarcasm.
I'm going to assume that you are going to be left behind also.

1disciple - You mocked me on this thread and you state your intellectual superiority on your thread - but your "intelligence" failed to comprehend the idea of sarcasm. So sad.
BTW - Shove your supposed "superiority" up your wazzoo.

I'm just a student of Solomon. And perhaps you fail to recognize irony when you see it.

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, lest you yourself become just like him.
Instead, answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own eyes. - Prov. 26:4-5

Upvote 0

blujon

Dec 30, 2008
✟7,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I SEE THAT THE BIBLE SAY, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE TRIBULATION THE END OF THE WORLD Happens, so how can anyone be around after the tribulation?

Mk 13:24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
Mk 13:25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
Mk 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
Mk 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Upvote 0