"This slavery of white women to black beasts will bring this nation to a conflict"

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
mhatten said:
Like I always say , it all comes out in the wash

Not only are some of homophobes but they are against miscegenation.

Besides does not seem to have bothered Halle Berry one little bit.

halle004.jpg

LOL! Never bothered me either. :) :pink:

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
drfeelgood said:
Please don't use homophobe. It demonstrates ignorance and hatemongering, and the last thing we need is more of that.

I can understand why some people would be against both. Both are against what the Bible preaches. As for me, I have no opinion on the actual interracial marriage. I remain neutral. miscegenation is not a clear abomination as homosexuality is. Nor is it an evolutionary dead-end like homosexuality.

It just might be a bit selfish because no consideration is given to the child(ren), however.

The Bible doesn't speak against interracial marriages, but it clearly is agains homosexuality. :)

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
mhatten said:
Whether she is attractive or not has nothing to do with it, she is the child of mixed parentage and it has not bothered her in the least. I know plenty of mixed race kids and Dr. Feelgood's claims are unfounded. They only have problem with those that have a problem with "race mixing", which is an ugle term in my book,.

I agree! :) :pink:

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
drfeelgood said:
Throwing around labels like you do is a sign of bigotry.

I know children that have had to live to the contrary of what you are saying.

Are you going to say I'm wrong?

Not saying you're totally wrong, I'm just saying that not all biracials have a hard time growing up, I never did. I suppose it depends on how they are raised and how their parents handle it, but being biracial doesn't automatically mean having a hard time growing up. :angel:

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
seebs said:
I don't think it makes any sense to speak of thinking of the children. If the mixed-race couples split up, out of concern for "the children", then the children never get a chance to exist at all; hardly a fair trade! The "mixed" kids I know have some chance of happiness now; they would have had no chance at all had their parents not gotten together.

Exactly. :)

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Gutierrez said:
I don't think I minced words, did I? I said it's unwise. That seems candid enough.

It makes a difference because of cultural cohesion and the definition of nationhood. I think biblically speaking, it's pretty clear that racial segregation (not animosity) was begun and used by God, represents the natural "order", if you will, and is a pretty positive thing overall. That said, I'm not condemning anyone who chooses to miscegenate. Again, I'm just concerned about the vilification of those who --for biblically and philosophically sound reasons--oppose it. I'm glad to see that for the most part that doesn't appear to be happening here.

I totally disagree with you and the Bible does not condem interracial marriages, and God did not start or enforce non race mixing ideas.

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Gutierrez said:
I think it's unwise partly because of others' reactions, but not primarily. It's just that people of the same race and their respective families tend to have more in common culturally with one another, and it makes things easier. It causes stronger bonds to be formed, in my opinion. And there might be all kinds of other intangible benefits that we don't regularly notice. That's all.

You are wrong, that is untrue. I am biracial so I know for a fact that it makes no difference what race two people are if they love each other. :cool:

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
LilAngelHeart said:
I totally disagree with you and the Bible does not condem interracial marriages, and God did not start or enforce non race mixing ideas.

Well, it does, but only for the Jews. It is not pertinent to the Gentiles, of which we are a part :) I think that's where the confusion lies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Mostly in America is this racial thing such a huge issue :rolleyes: . In that sense, I can say that I'm blessed for not really growing up in the U.S. since I come from a multiracial family;race was not an issue where I was. Truely, it's sad to see people with the mindset that its best for people to "stick" with their own race. :sigh:

~Katia~

Upvote 0

SFMichael

Feb 6, 2004
San Francisco
Visit site
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
LilAngelHeart said:
You are wrong, that is untrue. I am biracial so I know for a fact that it makes no difference what race two people are if they love each other. :cool:
Wow, 12 posts in a row and half of them just said "Me too," in so many words.

Michael

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gutierrez

Darth Bilbo
Feb 27, 2004
Visit site
✟151.00
Faith
Calvinist
Philosoft said:
1) Culture does not break down nicely and neatly along racial lines. Race does not break down nicely and neatly along cultural lines. Neither one corresponds all that well with genetics.

No, not precisely, you're right. But that is the tendency. Like attracts like. Most people have more in common and are more comfortable with people of their own culture, who usually also happen to be of the same race.

2) You are conflating the modern and ancient meanings of "nation."
I am? Oh. How?

No, but you do openly disapprove.
Yeah, so? Does that mean I'm hate-filled and evil?

Your philosophical reasons are questionable, at best, and your Biblical reasons are contradicted by some of your own Christian brethren. I hope you have something in reserve.
Well, I obviously don't think my philosophical reasons are questionable and as for the rest...I don't consider them my brethren just because they apply the label "Christian" to themselves and their beliefs. I'd have to know more. At any rate, most Christians tend not to know very much about what the Bible actually says on any given subject. They just assume that it more or less endorses their preconceptions. Not that I myself am a renowned biblical scholar or anything, but I try to study it regularly in order to familiarize myself with its contents.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Gutierrez said:
Well, I obviously don't think my philosophical reasons are questionable and as for the rest...I don't consider them my brethren just because they apply the label "Christian" to themselves and their beliefs. I'd have to know more. At any rate, most Christians tend not to know very much about what the Bible actually says on any given subject. They just assume that it more or less endorses their preconceptions. Not that I myself am a renowned biblical scholar or anything, but I try to study it regularly in order to familiarize myself with its contents.

Hmmm. I guess you are saying that the rest of us, the ones who do not agree with you don't. :eek:

Upvote 0
feral said:
Wow, very thought provoking article. To think, the exact same arguments used against interracial marriage are being used today. :( You would think that those opposing gay marriage would open their eyes to these similiarities.

The only difference of course being that race is a characteristic we are born with and Homosexuality being a chosen mode of behaviour that most of the population is repulsed by.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
Gutierrez said:
No, not precisely, you're right. But that is the tendency. Like attracts like. Most people have more in common and are more comfortable with people of their own culture, who usually also happen to be of the same race.
I'm not sure what your point is. It seems to be that interracial couples who claim to be attracted to each other are not actually attracted to each other. Surely this is not what you mean?
I am? Oh. How?
Here's the common definition:
American Heritage said:
A relatively large group of people organized under a single, usually independent government; a country.
And the one you are using:
American Heritage said:
A people who share common customs, origins, history, and frequently language; a nationality: “Historically the Ukrainians are an ancient nation which has persisted and survived through terrible calamity” (Robert Conquest).
Yeah, so? Does that mean I'm hate-filled and evil?
No, it means you're condemning without actually saying "I condemn you."
I don't consider them my brethren just because they apply the label "Christian" to themselves and their beliefs. I'd have to know more. At any rate, most Christians tend not to know very much about what the Bible actually says on any given subject. They just assume that it more or less endorses their preconceptions. Not that I myself am a renowned biblical scholar or anything, but I try to study it regularly in order to familiarize myself with its contents.
Don't you think Christians who are at least as scholarly as you with regard to Scripture come to different conclusions?

Upvote 0