• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"This slavery of white women to black beasts will bring this nation to a conflict"

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by praying, Mar 3, 2004.

1. praying

praying Snazzy Title Goes Here Supporter

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Said Representative Seaborn Roddenberry of Georgia in his proposed amendment. in December 1912.

Excerpts from: Marriage: Mix and Match by By NICHOLAS D. KRISTOF

Published: March 3, 2004 NY Times

I did like Bill Clinton as President unlike Mr Bush and his policies.

Note: The :eek:'s were not in the published version of today's times.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Blessed75

Blessed75 Well-Known Member

+110
    Non-Denom
    No dessert for you tonite! and you know why.........^_^

3. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    I'm not going to offer my opinion on the actual interracial marriage, although they were forbidden in the Bible.

What I will say is will somebody PLEEEEAASE think of the children. haha.

No. It's true. All kidding aside. Nobody bothers to think of them. They don't fit in anywhere and are thus segregated from their peers. They aren't black and they aren't white. Although they might be able to fit in on some superficial level, they don't have anything to call their own and it just isn't fair to them. There is nothing wrong with them as a person per se. I just feel bad for them. One can only hope they can find a group of friends that is willing to look beyond the superficial, which is exceedingly rare up to adulthood.

4. feral

feral Dostoyevsky was right

+326
    Agnostic
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Wow, very thought provoking article. To think, the exact same arguments used against interracial marriage are being used today. :( You would think that those opposing gay marriage would open their eyes to these similiarities.

5. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    There aren't any. Homosexual rights are not even close to being on par to the struggle the Black people have faced. That is a common misconception that the homosexuals want you to buy into for reasons I won't go into here, other than to say they are hoping to ride in on the coattails of the Black movement.

6. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Moi, I am innocent I say, innocent!!

7. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat

Well I am Black and am convinced and not by some trumped agenda from some 20 year book!!

8. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Yeah, I thought the thread title would be and eye catcher ;) :D

9. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    And I thank you for sharing that with me :p

That still doesn't change the facts (and no, they don't come from the Agenda playbook, either.. heh)

10. ToddNotTodd

ToddNotTodd Iconoclast

+1,817
    Seeker
    Married
    Oh, come on. PLEASE give us your opinion on interacial marriage...

11. feral

+326
    Agnostic
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    Well, Dr. Feelgood, I guess we have to agree to disagree...and it won't be the first time ;) I think the gay rights movement is only trying to establish civil rights for homosexuals, not anything more, no agendas. If there are similarities I wouldn't call it riding someone elses coattails but using tried and true methods of establishing a social presence and working for positive change. The similiarities in responses between both anti-civil rights groups, as mentioned by this article, are striking. The same talks of abomination, same idea that it will damage society to permit marriages, etc.

I have to also say I disagree with your view on the children of interracial marriages (and of gay unions, adopted or non). Yes, the children may face some ridicule, but hatred is learned. The answer is not to form a homogeneous society where we all look/think/act alike, but to teach tolerance. You don't have to teach your children that homosexuality is the best thing that has ever happened to society, but I hardly see the problem in telling them, from a Christian perspective, that some people live differently but that God loves everyone.

12. praying

+1,534
    Agnostic
    Private
    US-Democrat
    Like I always say , it all comes out in the wash

Not only are some of homophobes but they are against miscegenation.

Besides does not seem to have bothered Halle Berry one little bit.

[​IMG]

13. Blessed75

+110
    Non-Denom
    OH PUH-LEEZE:p

14. Blessed75

+110
    Non-Denom
    Preach it Mama! :clap:

15. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    Please don't use homophobe. It demonstrates ignorance and hatemongering, and the last thing we need is more of that.

I can understand why some people would be against both. Both are against what the Bible preaches. As for me, I have no opinion on the actual interracial marriage. I remain neutral. miscegenation is not a clear abomination as homosexuality is. Nor is it an evolutionary dead-end like homosexuality.

It just might be a bit selfish because no consideration is given to the child(ren), however.

16. Blackguard_

Blackguard_ Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

+336
    Lutheran
    Dr Feel good,

do you know any verses that are against miscegenation in general, and not just the ones telling the Jews not to mix?

"homogeneous society where we all look/think/act alike, but to teach tolerance. "

an homogenous society is the end result of miscegenation, it's just a homogenity of a hybrid race.

Edit:
    Mhatten
    for the record, I think Halle Berry is not attractive at all and should not be used to support miscegenation. If anything she's evidence against it.

I really don't get what people see in her.

17. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    The Jews is what I am talking about. Some use that as a reason to oppose it. I don't, however. I don't follow Jewish Law, nor am I bound to it.

For this reason I remain neutral in the matter. It doesn't concern me one way or the other. Just the concern for the children and the personal attacks they are forced to withstand. That just isn't fair. Other than that...

18. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    I agree. I don't see anything in her at all. I don't find her remotely attractive. Personal preference of course :) Everyone is different.

19. feral

+326
    Agnostic
    Single
    UK-Liberal-Democrats
    I have just discovered the problem. :clap:

You people are insane! ;) Halle Berry is gorgeous. No wonder I argue with you both...you're both crazy! :pink:

20. SirKenin

SirKenin Contributor

+516
    Baptist
    Married
    lol :D Like I said. Everyone is different. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.