"This slavery of white women to black beasts will bring this nation to a conflict"

keeotee

Mar 5, 2004
✟151.00
Faith
Christian
KLLM82 said:
Mostly in America is this racial thing such a huge issue :rolleyes: . In that sense, I can say that I'm blessed for not really growing up in the U.S. since I come from a multiracial family;race was not an issue where I was. Truely, it's sad to see people with the mindset that its best for people to "stick" with their own race. :sigh:

~Katia~

To some extent I must disagree with you. Racism is common throughout the world in most, if in fact not all countries.. We are not unique in America in this regard. What does make us unique is that probably more than anywhere else we are the most diverse.

Nevertheless, racism is completely ugly and unjustified in the eyes of God. But please do not judge America too harshly as again, we are not unique when it comes to racism. If you will research this further, you will find that it exists elsewhere and in fact goes back much further than what it does here in the US. But this should come as no surprise because people are people the world over. Racism was not invented in America. As with other sins, it is not isolated to one group of people.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
keeotee said:
To some extent I must disagree with you. Racism is common throughout the world in most, if in fact not all countries.. We are not unique in America in this regard. What does make us unique is that probably more than anywhere else we are the most diverse.

Nevertheless, racism is completely ugly and unjustified in the eyes of God. But please do not judge America too harshly as again, we are not unique when it comes to racism. If you will research this further, you will find that it exists elsewhere and in fact goes back much further than what it does here in the US. But this should come as no surprise because people are people the world over. Racism was not invented in America. As with other sins, it is not isolated to one group of people.

Well said and very true.

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

~Nope,nothing wrong here~
Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
drfeelgood said:
Well, it does, but only for the Jews. It is not pertinent to the Gentiles, of which we are a part :) I think that's where the confusion lies.

That wasn't for racial reasons, it was for spiritual reasons. God didn't want His people marrying sinners, ungodly people, it wasn't about the race. ;)

God would prefer to see two Christians of any race marry than to see a Christian marry a sinner of his/her same "race". :)

Here's proof that God wasn't and isn't against interracial marriages. Miriam became cursed by God with a disease that made her skin turn white.

Numbers 12
1 And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
2 And they said, Hath the LORD indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the LORD heard it.
3 (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)
4 And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out.
5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
6 And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
7 My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.
8 With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?
9 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against them; and he departed.
10 And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous.

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
mhatten said:
:topic::topic::topic:

Race is not the question here even if some people have backwards thoughts like the good senator in OP!!

LOL! Okay to get back on topic, I have to say that I believe the Bible does condem homosexuality but it does not condem interracial marriages. Also I don't think the feelings behind being against homosexuality is the same as the feelings against interracial relationships. :) They are two different things.

Racism is and was totally wrong and diabolical, people are not born gay. There is no nation or continent of gay people, gays are not rounded up and made to be slaves, and are not segregated to thier own little spot away from all of the straight people. LOL! Their experience is no where near what blacks have gone through because of racism.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, they can stop being homosexual, blacks cannot stop being black. :angel:

Upvote 0

LilAngelHeart

Sep 18, 2002
I live in the Midwest,
Visit site
✟2,714.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Also, anything that God didn't want to happen is a dead end and doesn't produce children. If God didn't want race mixing, He would have made it so that race mixing doesn't produce children. ;) God doesn't want humans sleeping with animals, so humans and animals are unable to produce children together. Two of the same sex cannot produce children together, and the purpose of marriage among other things is for the family, God is into family, if He had wanted same sexses to get together, He would have provided a way for them to reproduce together. :angel:

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
LilAngelHeart said:
Racism is and was totally wrong and diabolical, people are not born gay.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, they can stop being homosexual, blacks cannot stop being black. :angel:
This is not a matter of Biblical interpretation. Homosexuality is not a choice just because it fits better within your explanatory framework.

Upvote 0

KLLM82

Heir of God's Kingdom
Jan 30, 2004
✟376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
keeotee said:

Thanks for your kind reply which I appreciate : ) however, I do not deny that racism doesn't exist throughout the world...it's just that I've not seen it being so big of an issue elsewhere as it is in the US :(. I live in NYC where there's a high mixture of race...one would think that there's very little racism that exist here but really, much of it still present in many places. My experiences with it here has shocked me seeing that people can be so ignorant; it really is sad. I know my worth as a child of God so I don't let it get to me in a way that would cause me to be bitter but it really is a sad thing to see some people treat others of a different race with inferiority. I didn't mean to come so harsh on the U.S. but again, to me it appears as though race is more of an issue here :(.

~Katia~

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
drfeelgood said:
No. It's true. All kidding aside. Nobody bothers to think of them. They don't fit in anywhere and are thus segregated from their peers. They aren't black and they aren't white. Although they might be able to fit in on some superficial level, they don't have anything to call their own and it just isn't fair to them. There is nothing wrong with them as a person per se. I just feel bad for them. One can only hope they can find a group of friends that is willing to look beyond the superficial, which is exceedingly rare up to adulthood.
I know it's like a dozen pages late, but this post is just so stupid I couldn't let it go. First it should be noted that I am a mix of Mexican, white stuff, and Cherokee. As for what the white stuff is or where it came from, I haven't the foggiest, nor do I really care. Aside from being confused when filling out the "Race" section on forms it has never caused a problem for me. I have never been, nor seen, discriminated against because I wasn't pure anything.

In fact I think the opposite, being mixed is a blessing. I don't think of myself as a color or nationality, I'm just a person and so is everybody else. It has always confused me when I see racism or two races fighting each other, quite possibly the stupidest and most pointless thing people do. Besides, who wants to be pale and explode into a ball of flames when they stay in direct sunlight for more than 10 seconds? :p

Reactions: LilAngelHeart
Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philosoft said:
This is not a matter of Biblical interpretation. Homosexuality is not a choice just because it fits better within your explanatory framework.
Whether people are born with the attraction to the same sex or not is not only debatable, it's impertinent.

Living the homosexual lifestyle, acting on the attractions, IS a choice, and that can not be argued.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philosoft

Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
drfeelgood said:
Whether people are born with the attraction to the same sex or not is not only debatable, it's impertinent.
It is not debatable. People do not choose to whom they are attracted. Period.
Living the homosexual lifestyle, acting on the attractions, IS a choice, and that can not be argued.
Tres brillant. Really. "I know you guys are homosexual, but as long as you pretend you're not, everything will be fine."

Perhaps we should adopt this as a universal behavior-modification methodology? Just think of all the psychologists and criminologists we could do without.

Upvote 0

feral

Dostoyevsky was right
Jan 8, 2003
✟12,716.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The only difference of course being that race is a characteristic we are born with and Homosexuality being a chosen mode of behaviour that most of the population is repulsed by.
So if I don't like something that you do, and I can get some people to back me up that your behavior is repulsive in our view, should you be made to live a fake life, or should I learn to accept you and let you live?

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philosoft said:
It is not debatable. People do not choose to whom they are attracted. Period.
Prove it. You can't and goodness knows homosexuals have tried in their erroneous search for a ghey gene. Heh, they've even been investigated for faulty research. So far so good. :rolleyes:

Tres brillant. Really. "I know you guys are homosexual, but as long as you pretend you're not, everything will be fine."
Where do you get this silliness from? I merely pointed out that acting on your attraction is a choice. You're not a puppet on a string. What separates you from the animal kingdom is something called free will and a conscience. Sooooo.. The animal analogy doesn't even hold true.

This whole homosexual argument is falling apart in a heck of a hurry in the face of actual facts.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Prove it. You can't and goodness knows homosexuals have tried in their erroneous search for a ghey gene. Heh, they've even been investigated for faulty research. So far so good. :rolleyes:

You can not prove that it is not, can you?

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
drfeelgood said:
Who said anything about a "gay gene"? My point is they don't consciously choose what sex to be attracted to, however sexual attraction is achieved. Much like the rest of us in that regard.
Where do you get this silliness from? I merely pointed out that acting on your attraction is a choice. You're not a puppet on a string. What separates you from the animal kingdom is something called free will and a conscience. Sooooo.. The animal analogy doesn't even hold true.

This whole homosexual argument is falling apart in a heck of a hurry in the face of actual facts.
What "facts" are we dealing with? A homosexual who doesn't have sex is still a homosexual. What does the sex act have to do with any of this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mhatten said:
You can not prove that it is not, can you?
Nice try, but I'm not the one making the assertions. Philosoft is. This kind of mindgame, then, doesn't work. You have assumed the wrong target.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philosoft said:
Who said anything about a "gay gene"? My point is they don't consciously choose what sex to be attracted to, however sexual attraction is achieved. Much like the rest of us in that regard.
That's where the ghey gene comes in. If you don't consciously choose what sex you are attracted to, then the only other assumption is to choose that it's subconscious. How is that achieved? Either by circumstances or a gene. Which side would you like to take?

Much like the rest of us? That's also debatable. How do we know that ALL humans aren't born with the attraction to the opposite sex? We don't, and faulty homosexual science certainly hasn't proven anything to the contrary.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philosoft said:
What "facts" are we dealing with? A homosexual who doesn't have sex is still a homosexual.
Who cares? What's your point? Whatever it is, it certainly doesn't bear any relevance to my original point, so let's just drop it right here.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Nice try, but I'm not the one making the assertions. Philosoft is. This kind of mindgame, then, doesn't work. You have assumed the wrong target.

I am not assuming anything. I am merely pointing out that like Philosoft you cannot state from provable knowledge/sorces that homosexuality is not from birth.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mhatten said:
I am not assuming anything. I am merely pointing out that like Philosoft you cannot state from provable knowledge/sorces that homosexuality is not from birth.
I don't have to. I'm not making the assertion that it is or isn't. Merely that it's debatable, a fact to which you can attest.

You chose the wrong target. The only assertion being made is by Philosoft, so logic would seem to dictate that the only one you can ask to prove their assertion, then, is him.

Upvote 0