"This slavery of white women to black beasts will bring this nation to a conflict"

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Blackguard_ said:
Dr Feel good,

do you know any verses that are against miscegenation in general, and not just the ones telling the Jews not to mix?

"homogeneous society where we all look/think/act alike, but to teach tolerance. "

an homogenous society is the end result of miscegenation, it's just a homogenity of a hybrid race.

Edit:
Mhatten
for the record, I think Halle Berry is not attractive at all and should not be used to support miscegenation. If anything she's evidence against it.

I really don't get what people see in her.

Whether she is attractive or not has nothing to do with it, she is the child of mixed parentage and it has not bothered her in the least. I know plenty of mixed race kids and Dr. Feelgood's claims are unfounded. They only have problem with those that have a problem with "race mixing", which is an ugle term in my book, no differnt than homophobe to me really.

Both are signs of bigotry.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mhatten said:
Whether she is attractive or not has nothing to do with it, she is the child of mixed parentage and it has not bothered her in the least. I know plenty of mixed race kids and Dr. Feelgood's claims are unfounded. They only have problem with those that have a problem with "race mixing", which is an ugle term in my book, no differnt than homophobe to me really.

Both are signs of bigotry.
Throwing around labels like you do is a sign of bigotry.

I know children that have had to live to the contrary of what you are saying.

Are you going to say I'm wrong?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Please don't use homophobe. It demonstrates ignorance and hatemongering, and the last thing we need is more of that.

I can understand why some people would be against both. Both are against what the Bible preaches. As for me, I have no opinion on the actual interracial marriage. I remain neutral. miscegenation is not a clear abomination as homosexuality is. Nor is it an evolutionary dead-end like homosexuality.

It just might be a bit selfish because no consideration is given to the child(ren), however.

Okay let me not use homophobe, because I never use the term, let me call it like I see it, I won't mince words. BIGOTRY!!

Okay tell me again how people of different races marrying is against the Bible, sounds like the same line of thought that was used to justify slavery here in the US for 300 years. BIGOTRY!!!

It sounds to me like you do have an opinion but you are just dancing around it for fear of being called on the carpet for it. Well here is the carpet and I am calling you on it.

How can you say "I can understand why some people would be against both. Both are against what the Bible preaches." and "As for me, I have no opinion on the actual interracial marriage." is not a clear abomination as " on the same breath and say "I remain neutral"

Come on now I was not born yesterday or you are just living in denial. Why don't you use those same words to that "black friend" of yours you mentioned in a thread where you stated he felt there was no comparison to the civil rights issues, and see if he thinks, "Gee my friend Dr. Feelgood really is neutral'

Okay sure!!!

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
Throwing around labels like you do is a sign of bigotry.

I am sure there are children who have had issues, I would be silly to say otherwise. I am hardly a bigot. what labels did I throw around as you call it.

You can do a search on all my posts for the words homophobe or bigot and will see I do not label people. If I used the term it was not because I was calling someone a name. And if I recall I did not call you one either, I said some of US, the guilty speak first I like to say in addition to it all comes out in the wash.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
mhatten said:
I am sure ther are children who have had issues, I would be silly to say otherwise. I am hardly a bigot. what labels did I throw around as you call it.

You can do a search on all my posts for the words homophobe or bigot and will see I do not label people. I f used the term it was not because I was calling someone a name. And if I recall I did not call you one either, I said some of US, the guilty speak first I like to say in addition to it all comes out in the wash.
homophobe is a label. It needs to die. You have mentioned it a lot. That was my only point. Whether you toss it at a particular member, or do it in a round about way, or whatever doesn't matter.

That's my point.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
homophobe is a label. It needs to die. You have mentioned it a lot. That was my only point. Whether you toss it at a particular member, or do it in a round about way, or whatever doesn't matter.

That's my point.

Okay I will throw it out but I see you did not address the rest of the post, hmm why would that be.

Upvote 0

Ktistes

complete surrender to GOD
Dec 10, 2003
✟278.00
Faith
Christian
interacial marriages were never condemned in the bible as far as i can see.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

doesn't sound like racism to me.

Solomon married an egyptian and other strange women, and they caused him to worship idols.
marrying strange women as in foreign wasn't a good idea in those days for that reason, God was the God of Israel, the other countries worshipped other gods.

but as for a man that lie with a man, then that was clearly condemned in the law.

Upvote 0

theeyesoftammyfaye

no parking baby - no parking on the dance floor
Nov 18, 2003
Austin, TX
Visit site
✟18,673.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
mhatten said:
Besides does not seem to have bothered Halle Berry one little bit.
halle berry is a complete knockout. whew. i put her up there with nicole kidman on the 'hotness scale.'

of course no one has yet to top the beauty of sophia loren in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Philosoft

Orthogonal, Tangential, Tenuously Related
Dec 26, 2002
Southeast of Disorder
Visit site
✟6,503.00
Faith
Atheist
drfeelgood said:

No, I'm sure your anecdotes are accurate.

The correct solution, of course, is to effect social change in the minds of those who would discriminate against mixed-race children.

Your proposal seems to involve inflicting guilt-trips on individuals in mixed-race marriages. "Silly" is about the least flammable adjective I can apply here. It makes me wonder how much actual thinking you did before you wrote that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
theeyesoftammyfaye said:
halle berry is a complete knockout. whew. i put her up there with nicole kidman on the 'hotness scale.'

of course no one has yet to top the beauty of sophia loren in my opinion.

I think she is a beautiful woman, but what gets me more than her beauty is how young she looks, the woman is almost 40.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Philosoft said:
No, I'm sure your anecdotes are accurate.

The correct solution, of course, is to effect social change in the minds of those who would discriminate against mixed-race children.

Your proposal seems to involve inflicting guilt-trips on individuals in mixed-race marriages. "Silly" is about the least flammable adjective I can apply here. It makes me wonder how much actual thinking you did before you wrote that.
I want them to think, yes.

And I certainly agree with you about effecting social change so the children aren't treated any differently than their peers.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think it makes any sense to speak of thinking of the children. If the mixed-race couples split up, out of concern for "the children", then the children never get a chance to exist at all; hardly a fair trade! The "mixed" kids I know have some chance of happiness now; they would have had no chance at all had their parents not gotten together.

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
For this reason I remain neutral in the matter. It doesn't concern me one way or the other. Just the concern for the children and the personal attacks they are forced to withstand. That just isn't fair. Other than that...
So, basically, there are two ways to prevent the problems you say you're concerned children of mixed race will face:
  • Work to change the ignorance and bigotry that cause the problem
  • Discourage interracial relationships
I guess we each have to decide which one we think is in keeping with the kind of life God calls us to live.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
drfeelgood said:
Homosexual rights are not even close to being on par to the struggle the Black people have faced. That is a common misconception that the homosexuals want you to buy into for reasons I won't go into here, other than to say they are hoping to ride in on the coattails of the Black movement.
AMEN!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
drfeelgood said:
Please don't use homophobe. It demonstrates ignorance and hatemongering, and the last thing we need is more of that.
Doc, I don't know if you ever served in the USMC, if not, you sure have the tenacity of what it takes to be a Marine.

God bless you and Semper Fidelis!

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
drfeelgood said:
There aren't any. Homosexual rights are not even close to being on par to the struggle the Black people have faced. That is a common misconception that the homosexuals want you to buy into for reasons I won't go into here, other than to say they are hoping to ride in on the coattails of the Black movement.
"...not even close to being on par..." Okay, not on the same scale in terms of magnitude--centuries of overt abuse, slavery, discrimination, bigotry.

But how do we judge what constitutes discrimination, denial of basic rights, and persecution? Is it by a standard of right and wrong that we judge, or is it by comparison with the degree and duration of what others have suffered?

Matthew Shepard (and others like him) suffered no less because racism in this country caused more people to suffer a torment and death such as he endured. Discrimination, hatred, bigotry are wrong because they're wrong--whoever is hurt by them. This isn't something we judge on a curve.

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Hmmmm.... Doc, why are you so against the use of the word homophobe? I almost bought it - that is the discrediting it on the basis that its technical meaning was not applicable to all situations... then I realized you are just trying to erase the language that describes the oppression of GLBT people. If there is no language to describe it, it can't be talked about and the conversations about rights have no "legitimacy"... very clever of you really.

The fact is "homophobia" does exist (see Feral's post #47 on the "homophobe" thread http://www.christianforums.com/t99141&page=5)... or maybe you can give us a new word to describe what the men who killed Matthew Sheppard were acting on? Hatred? Bigotry? Erasing language will not erase the oppression. When "homophobia" ceases to exist, I will cease to use it.

Peace.

JD

P.S. I just realized that there is a whole thread about the word "homophobe". I decided to leave this post anyway and to add the reference to it... but I will go there now so as to not derail this thread.

Upvote 0