Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Greece on Thursday became the first majority Orthodox Christian country to legalize same-sex marriage — a watershed moment for the country’s LGBTQ community, which has long fought for visibility and rights in the shadow of the highly influential Greek church.

The bill also allows same-sex couples to adopt children and confers full parental rights on married partners, though it stops short of permitting gay couples to become parents through surrogacy, a limitation that has drawn criticism from rights groups.

Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis said on social media that Greece is “proud to become the 16th E.U. country to legislate marriage equality.” He called the step “a milestone for human rights, reflecting today’s Greece — a progressive, and democratic country, passionately committed to European values.”

--

[Basil learns of Kurt's crush on Manuel]
Basil Fawlty : I should never have hired a Frenchman.
Polly : He's Greek, Mr. Fawlty.
Basil Fawlty : Greek?
Polly : Of course.
Basil Fawlty : Well, that's even worse. I mean, they invented it.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Desk trauma

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Every time same-sex marriage gets legalized, I think about the children who have to suffer from having same-sex parents. May the Lord judge and punish the leaders of Greece for their misdeeds.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every time same-sex marriage gets legalized, I think about the children who have to suffer from having same-sex parents. May the Lord judge and punish the leaders of Greece for their misdeeds.
They would have them anyway, as long as those parents live together. Marriage does not change that.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
They would have them anyway, as long as those parents live together. Marriage does not change that.
Many adoption agencies will not give children to unmarried people.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many adoption agencies will not give children to unmarried people.
The vast majority of same-sex parents have their children from previous relationships, not from adoption, though.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I could care less about the secular law. What concerns me is what this means for the Church to preach according to the Bible. For ex. if a priest or pastor preaches that we are created male & female and it is those in which we believe God says that is what a human marriage is ( Mark 10:1-12). Will the secularist “rights” authority say such preaching violates their interpretation of “rights”?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I could care less about the secular law. What concerns me is what this means for the Church to preach according to the Bible. For ex. if a priest or pastor preaches that we are created male & female and it is those in which we believe God says that is what a human marriage is ( Mark 10:1-12). Will the secularist “rights” authority say such preaching violates their interpretation of “rights”?

Freedom of thought, conscience and religion

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right includes freedom to change religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or in private, to manifest religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

2. The right to conscientious objection is recognised, in accordance with the national laws governing the exercise of this right.

Freedom of expression and information

1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

2. The freedom and pluralism of the media shall be respected.

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, because the secular authorities have no control over the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony or who it is administered to. And since the secular authorities are not administering that Sacrament themselves I don't see how the Church has any complaint.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly! We are seeing it a lot in the USA where LGBT propaganda is constantly shoved down our throats.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Amen!

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Exactly! We are seeing it a lot in the USA where LGBT propaganda is constantly shoved down our throats.
Didn't we shove our propaganda down their throats, turn or burn? Didn't Christians start the warfare by pointing out a group of people's sins? When we have a multitude of our own. When all we are supposed to do is share the gospel.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟172,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
You know, if I was a Democrat I might start thinking that it was time for the LGBT folks to take a hit for the team and go back in the closet for a while. The Dems have handled this particular front of the culture war very badly and there are more important issues at hand.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Didn't we shove our propaganda down their throats, turn or burn? Didn't Christians start the warfare by pointing out a group of people's sins? When we have a multitude of our own. When all we are supposed to do is share the gospel.
No, we did not. Its a generalization based upon a group identity and basically establishing a collective guilt.

Other people did it and we can learn from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
who are these other people?
Inquisitors, popes, radical reformers, various Christian kingdoms and rulers, who used violence against people who were not living according to their specific dogmatic flavors.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Didn't Christians start the warfare
Inquisitors, popes, radical reformers, various Christian kingdoms and rulers, who used violence against people who were not living according to their specific dogmatic flavors.
Aren't some of these Christians? Is LGBTQ living up to your beliefs?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,344.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0