This maybe disprove god but what do you think of it?

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Being truly natural is spiritual...when people see it or speak of it, they call it supernatural. Science and technology, while seeming to increase knowledge and abilities, are limiting, because they are a subjective tool acting on mere decay.
Could I just check something with you. You are on planet Earth, orbiting the sun? Not some other planet? Or parallel universe? And that is English you are posting in?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Could I just check something with you. You are on planet Earth, orbiting the sun? Not some other planet? Or parallel universe? And that is English you are posting in?

My body is subject to corruption, yet, my inner man is being renewed daily.

1 Corinthians 15
"52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”"

2 Corinthians 4
"16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, yet our inner self is being renewed day by day."

*Science and technology, will not accomplish the above ^

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Tone has his own personal definition of "unnatural."

As a side note, what is it with religious fundamentalists making up their own definitions for words? You see it all the time with creationists. It's weird.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
As a side note, what is it with religious fundamentalists making up their own definitions for words? You see it all the time with creationists. It's weird.

un·nat·u·ral
/ˌənˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. contrary to the ordinary course of nature; abnormal.
    "death by unnatural causes"
    synonyms: abnormal, unusual, uncommon, extraordinary, strange, freakish, freak, queer, odd, peculiar, weird, unorthodox, exceptional, irregular, atypical, untypical, nontypical, anomalous, divergent, aberrant, bizarre, preternatural
    "the life of a battery hen is completely unnatural"
    • not existing in nature; artificial.
      "the artificial turf looks an unnatural green"
      synonyms: artificial, man-made, synthetic, manufactured, fabricated, fake, false, faux, simulated, not found/existing in nature
      "the tractor passed in a flash of unnatural color"
    • affected or stilted.
      "the formal tone of the programs caused them to sound stilted and unnatural"
      synonyms: affected, artificial, stilted, self-conscious, contrived, forced, labored, studied, strained, stiff, wooden; More
--Google Search

How's that ^ ?

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
My body is subject to corruption, yet, my inner man is being renewed daily.

1 Corinthians 15
"52in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For the perishable must be clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”"

2 Corinthians 4
"16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, yet our inner self is being renewed day by day."

*Science and technology, will not accomplish the above ^
Thank you. Different planet. Got that.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
tran·scend·ent

adjective

1. beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience.
    "the search for a transcendent level of knowledge"
    • surpassing the ordinary; exceptional.
      "the conductor was described as a “transcendent genius.”"
      synonyms: superior, supreme, consummate, predominant, preeminent, ascendant, paramount, superlative, unique, unsurpassed, incomparable, unrivaled, unequaled, unparalleled, matchless, peerless, second to none; More

• (of God) existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material universe.
      synonyms: supernatural, preternatural, transcendental, otherworldly, superhuman, mystical, mystic, spiritual, divine, heavenly, exalted, sublime, ethereal, numinous, transmundane, ineffable
      "a transcendent god"

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

It's not that we have different definitions...I just have a broader perspective...having a transcendent knowledge base front (did I just coin that?) to work with flow from.

*You have the more narrow and limited scientific base to work with...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
tran·scend·ent

adjective

1. beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience.
    "the search for a transcendent level of knowledge"
    • surpassing the ordinary; exceptional.
      "the conductor was described as a “transcendent genius.”"
      synonyms: superior, supreme, consummate, predominant, preeminent, ascendant, paramount, superlative, unique, unsurpassed, incomparable, unrivaled, unequaled, unparalleled, matchless, peerless, second to none; More

• (of God) existing apart from and not subject to the limitations of the material universe.
      synonyms: supernatural, preternatural, transcendental, otherworldly, superhuman, mystical, mystic, spiritual, divine, heavenly, exalted, sublime, ethereal, numinous, transmundane, ineffable
      "a transcendent god"
How does that apply to Scripture, which is a collection of written texts, concrete entity?

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
No I’m saying that evolution IS a science. Real science , mainstream science which has to have verifiable evidence in order to make claims about nature .
Most importantly, it has never been invalidated (science speak for disproven) yet.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are subjecting yourself to the limitations of a creation subject to corruption.
I’m going to repeat until you get it. SCIENCE ONLY DEALS WITH NATURAL PHENOMENA!!!.

• Agree
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How does that apply to Scripture, which is a collection of written texts, concrete entity?
The scripture is a physical entity describing a God whom is not a physical entity. The scripture is a limited form of transmission.

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
One day you will know the answer to that question when you die.

One day we will know everything.

Not necessarily.

*1 Thessalonians 4:17
"17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.And so we will always be with the Lord."

**Hebrews 11:5
" 5By faith Enoch was taken up so that he did not see death. He could not be found, because God had taken him away. For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God."

***Plus, the Bible already holds death to be unnatural...

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is death natural phenomena?
. Ok so Adam and Eve had syndactly of the phalanges .All the bones in their fingers and toes formed one club Because death didn’t exist then so their digits couldn’t separate. I don’t mix fantasy religious beliefs with science because it tends to make religion look stupid .that said, I think some of the Bible stories are just that, stories.

Upvote 0