Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
theory
'
noun
noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
"Darwin's theory of evolution"
synonyms: hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presumption, presupposition, notion, guess, hunch, feeling, suspicion;............

Oh yes lets not forget all the fosil evidence ???(none); millions of variations of all creatures changing; like foxes into whales or visa versa; honey eaters dead by the thousands waiting for beaks to get long enough ..etc etc..symbiosis..etc..

I mean realy !? evolution is such a lame duck its right up there with Micky mouse and Peter Pan.........they may as well teach how fairies jump around the garden !?

just a smoke screen not to believe...

eventually this biological machine will stop for each person...you will have to pay the piper eventually ! whether you believe or not....

Resistance is Futile...

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
just a smoke screen not to believe...

eventually this biological machine will stop for each person...you will have to pay the piper eventually ! whether you believe or not....

Resistance is Futile...
Could you explain these parts more?

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You realise layman and scientific use and definition of the word 'theory' is entirely different, right?

Who am I kidding, clearly you don't. However, please Google it because the embarrassing lack of distinction amongst many Christians is a dead horse beaten beyond recognition.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
WTDnnwE.gif

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean realy !?
No, not really. Scientists accept evolution because it explains and predicts a vast range of observations about the physical world. That you don't understand the theory and don't care about the evidence is your problem, not ours.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Scientific Theory: A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can, in accordance with the scientific method, be repeatedly tested, using a predefined protocol of observations and experiments. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and are a comprehensive form of scientific knowledge.

A "scientific theory" does not have the same meaning as the general vernacular use of the word "theory" and the two uses really can't be used interchangeably. Using them in this way on purpose is intentionally deceptive and incorrect.

• Agree
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You realise layman and scientific use and definition of the word 'theory' is entirely different, right?

your kidding only yourself..sorry no cigar !

I'm not kidding anyone. It's a very common and well-known fact.

If it's really too much trouble for you to enlighten your own understanding of the matter, I'd be happy to locate the definitions for you in the widely available dictionaries.

Please let me know if you're open to learning or alternatively if your opinion, which is what it is, is all that matters.

• Agree
Upvote 0