The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowprophet

0101011101010111010010100 1000100
Jan 14, 2015
Deep contemplation.
✟30,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since it appears you agree that Facts are relevant, what facts can you provide us about the LGBT "lifestyle"?
Like, do they enjoy Gardening, do hey go Grocery shopping, go on Vacations, have 9-5 Jobs, do they play sports, what kid of music do they listen to, do the play an instrument, volunteer their time???.... Those are things that come to mind when I think about someones "Lifestyle"...

What do you think about when you wonder about someones "lifestyle"?

Do you wonder about other peoples lifestyles a lot?
Or does your inquiring curiosity and interest in knowing about other peoples "lifestyles" begin and end with the lifestyles of Homosexuals?

Or not.
Grocery Shopping does NOT disgust me, no matter how many LGBT's are doing it....

Live the way they Do?
Like, Go out and get the paper from the driveway each morning and sit in the kitchen with a cup of coffee while they read it, then get in their car and go to work, come home and maybe go camping on the weekend, or to a Ball game...

The right to "live like that" should be respected.... Yeah, probably so.

How is this limited to Homosexuals? Shouldn't EVERYONE keep their hands to themselves?
Or are you saying it's perfectly OK for Heterosexuals to get "handsy"?

Since what you find entertaining and what you choose to be entertained by is totally up to you, I'm not sure how its anyone fault that you don't find certain things entertaining...

I don't like the TV Game show "America Says". I do not find it enjoyable to watch at all.
When it comes on, I change the channel.
I find the show unfunny and offensive in the way the Host tries to be funny but just isn't... As someone who enjoys ACTUAL comedy, It painful for me to watch.
Using the same logic you seem to be suggesting in your post, I suppose instead of Changing the channel I should just call the network and tell them to quit forcing this show down my throat, huh?
By this Logic I should have a right not to be forced to change the channel everytime it comes on, yes?

By far the vast majority of Sexual assaulting is perpetrated by predatory Heterosexuals... like exponentially. Strangely Nobody seems to blame Heterosexuality though...

This is just my beliefe, But the whole idea of a gay lifestyle or an LTGBQ lifestyle, That's just marketing and Hollywood hype. While some people do invest in stereotypical behavior of homosexuals, Like the feminine voice and the meek attitude, I have found that that is mostly a stereotype that gay people play up to communicate that they are gay in social settings. I know people who are gay, There is no real difference, They are people they wake up get dressed and go to work as we do. Hollywood and the media have done a lot to alienate Gay and transgender people. The only real difference between most gay and straight people on planet earth is who they prefer to go to bed with.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I suggest an alternative wording here: "Some people who identify as heterosexual are personally repulsed by LGBT people and disgusted at the things that they do." You're probably right, though, that feelings like this affect the poll results.

This is a legitimate point, but doesn't have much to do with being gay. Many/most of us know someone who has been victimized sexually by a straight person. We should all be keeping our hands to ourselves, gay and straight alike.

Understand that while I hold no objections to your response post overall, the topic is why a seemingly growing majority of millennials and possibly some Gen Z’s feel uncomfortable interacting with LGBTs and why enthusiasm for LGBT causes may be waning amongst the age group that was polled. I never said that there were not people sexually victimized by straight people.

But as to the ratio of those sexually victimized by LGBTs to those victimized by straight people, I do not know but that would be a legitimate matter to investigate.

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
By far the vast majority of Sexual assaulting is perpetrated by predatory Heterosexuals... like exponentially. Strangely Nobody seems to blame Heterosexuality though...

Math is not your strength is it? Since gays make up ~2% of the population, IF the proportion of criminal assault were the same, heterosexual assaults would be ~50x gays. Unfortunately, the rate is only ~7x. This means that gays commit 8x assaults per 100,000.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
2. Even they do not want to admit it, anyone, be they Christian or non-Christian, who identifies as a heterosexual is going to be personally repulsed by LGBTS and disgusted at the things that they do.

This is just not true. There is a difference between preference and disgust.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Good point. I don't see any reason to deprive homosexuals of the same rights everyone else has, but I'm not comfortable with homosexuality; it bothers me thinking about it. But then, I feel that way about all sorts of things that I'm perfectly willing to let people do, so long as they don't try to involve me.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Good point. I don't see any reason to deprive homosexuals of the same rights everyone else has, but I'm not comfortable with homosexuality; it bothers me thinking about it. But then, I feel that way about all sorts of things that I'm perfectly willing to let people do, so long as they don't try to involve me.

I just wish more Christians would realize this "disgust" of homosexuality is not normative for all peoples. It's not normal to have disgust towards people that are attracted to the same sex. Plenty of other cultures throughout history, some quite civilized and having high moral ideals, have viewed male homosexuality with various degrees of indifference or toleration.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

From the LGBT perspective, it may be preference but from one who identifies as a heterosexual, objections to an LGBT relationship do consist of disgust whether they are honest enough to admit that or not.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
From the LGBT perspective, it may be preference but from one who identifies as a heterosexual, objections to an LGBT relationship do consist of disgust whether they are honest enough to admit that or not.

Not all heterosexuals object to gay relationships.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not all heterosexuals object to gay relationships.

When I speak of a personal disgust towards LGBT behavior, I am referring to a heterosexual’s thought and even fear of an LGBT approaching them for the kind of relationship that they would only want with the opposite gender.

I understand that not all heterosexuals object to others having gay relationships. That is not what I am referring to.

What I am referring to is the personal disgust and revulsion a heterosexual might feel at the thought of an LGBT seeking the kind of relationship with them that they, the heterosexual, would only want, again, with the opposite gender.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Heterosexuals also look upon other heterosexuals seeking relationships with them in disgust as well. It grows tremendously when said pervs repeat advances that have been repulsed before.

That's what bugs many straight friends who say "no is no" to other straights and gay friends who say "no is no" to other gays. "no" means "no".

I have had many white straight friends over the decades tell that the idea of interracial sexual relations repulses them. That is completely a learned behavior that can be unlearned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leftist ideology, especially today, lends itself to one-dimensional lines of thinking that assume that whatever one isn't infatuated with one must absolutely hate. The possibility of any sort of nuance in feeling or attitude doesn't even come up for consideration. In light of that, it's difficult to see all of those diatribes against "hate" as anything but projection.

By the way, the current occupant of White has shown there's no liability. Candidates can and do get elected to office over the overwhelming opposition of all four of the designated pet "victim" classes that you cited.

:oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I share your attitude "so long as they don't try to involve me" ... but the problem now is that we are all involved through our extended families and churches and schools. I doubt there is any church that does not have at least some members who have been forced to consider what actions they need to take to avoid being a target of gay activism.

The high profile cases of bakers, florists, photographers, etc aggressively pursued through the courts have brought home to us how vulnerable many people are to similar litigation if they choose not to be involved in same sex weddings or other events celebrating the homosexual "lifestyle".

Many parents are also becoming alarmed at the increasing LGBT ideology being thrust upon young children in their schools, and now tolerance is giving way to resistance.

I think these factors are contributing to the decreasing level of tolerance evident in the poll referenced in the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I share your attitude "so long as they don't try to involve me" ... but the problem now is that we are all involved through our extended families and churches and schools. I doubt there is any church that does not have at least some members who have been forced to consider what actions they need to take to avoid being a target of gay activism.

I think you're way overstating the case. I, for example, have publicly said I consider homosexual behavior to be sinful, although I would not interfere with the right of people to sin without imposing on others. So far, no one's been after me. Might be the tone of my statement, you think?

The high profile cases of bakers, florists, photographers, etc aggressively pursued through the courts have brought home to us how vulnerable many people are to similar litigation if they choose not to be involved in same sex weddings or other events celebrating the homosexual "lifestyle".

We had the same issues with race a couple of generations ago. Took a while to sort out the rights of everyone, but no one seems to have problems with that, now. If it hadn't been for the practice of abusing people in each case, there wouldn't be any problems.

I note that the courts are doing a pretty good job of balancing rights in these cases.

Many parents are also becoming alarmed at the increasing ideology being thrust upon young children in their schools,

Funny thing, though. When I run down the particulars, it's schools teaching kids not to be racists and not to abuse people who are different. What do you have? Checkable sources would help your case.

I think these factors are contributing to the decreasing level of tolerance evident in the poll referenced in the OP.

There isn't any evidence for "decreasing levels of tolerance." There was an uptick in the number of younger adults who were not comfortable interacting with homosexuals. Which is quite another thing. I'm old and remember when it was just fine to harm anyone identified as a homosexual; I'm not completely comfortable with them. That's a long way from wanting to take away their rights.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
When I speak of a personal disgust towards LGBT behavior, I am referring to a heterosexual’s thought and even fear of an LGBT approaching them for the kind of relationship that they would only want with the opposite gender.

I understand that not all heterosexuals object to others having gay relationships. That is not what I am referring to.

What I am referring to is the personal disgust and revulsion a heterosexual might feel at the thought of an LGBT seeking the kind of relationship with them that they, the heterosexual, would only want, again, with the opposite gender.

Not everybody feels disgust, even then. They would just say "Sorry, I'm not interested". That doesn't require disgust.

You seem to want to normalize hate, and that isn't right.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not everybody feels disgust, even then. They would just say "Sorry, I'm not interested". That doesn't require disgust.

You seem to want to normalize hate, and that isn't right.

I am not normalizing hate. You don’t know what hate is because you don’t know what love is. You think that I am normalizing hate because for whatever reason you cannot comprehend the meaning of what I am saying.

I will explain it one more time. Those identifying as heterosexual may respect the right of LGBTs to choose the relationships that they do. They may not even see anything wrong with others engaging in same-sex relationships. It is just that they themselves do not want to be involved in that kind of a relationship and even though they may harbor no ill feelings against LGBTs it is the thought of being involved in that kind of a relationship that causes them to recoil.

I am simply acknowledging a fact that most heterosexuals fear to admit because they do not want to be accused of hating LGBTs.

If after this you still think that I am normalizing hate, you are wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: creslaw
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I am not normalizing hate. You don’t know what hate is because you don’t know what love is.

I know what love is, and it doesn't involve demonizing a whole group of people for who they are.

You think that I am normalizing hate because for whatever reason you cannot comprehend the meaning of what I am saying.

I comprehend it. You find gays disgusting. That's a reflection on your prejudices, more than it is upon gay people.

It is just that they themselves do not want to be involved in that kind of a relationship and even though they may harbor no ill feelings against LGBTs it is the thought of being involved in that kind of a relationship that causes them to recoil.

No, that's not what you were implying. That's different from the kind of disgust your were insinuating was "natural".

I am simply acknowledging a fact that most heterosexuals fear to admit because they do not want to be accused of hating LGBTs.

Nobody is saying straight people are bigoted for being straight.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Okay, yes, this is a phenomenon I've observed, and I've seen it often enough that it's good to go ahead and say it out loud and make it part of the discussion: I've heard men, on multiple occasions, express their revulsion about being approached by gay men.

I don't think the full "LGBT" acronym is useful here. I don't hear the same revulsion expressed about lesbians, or bi women. It's a revulsion expressed by men in particular, toward gay men in particular.

It baffles me a bit (I'm a straight woman), but it's a phenomenon that I do see. Possibly it's something like the feelings I have about being approached by a straight man who won't take no for an answer -- though that's fear more than revulsion, so perhaps not the same thing. Or possibly it's something complicated about male psychology.

Disclaimer: No overgeneralizations here! Of course not all men feel this way. (Hi, @FireDragon76 !) But I see it often enough that it's worth acknowledging and investigating.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Okay, yes, this is a phenomenon I've observed, and I've seen it often enough that it's good to go ahead and say it out loud and make it part of the discussion: I've heard men, on multiple occasions, express their revulsion about being approached by gay men.

I don't think the full "LGBT" acronym is useful here. I don't hear the same revulsion expressed about lesbians, or bi women. It's a revulsion expressed by men in particular, toward gay men in particular.

It baffles me a bit (I'm a straight woman), but it's a phenomenon that I do see. Possibly it's something like the feelings I have about being approached by a straight man who won't take no for an answer -- though that's fear more than revulsion, so perhaps not the same thing. Or possibly it's something complicated about male psychology.

Disclaimer: No overgeneralizations here! Of course not all men feel this way. (Hi, @FireDragon76 !) But I see it often enough that it's worth acknowledging and investigating.

Homophobia is still alive and well, unfortunately, among some straight men.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Thread cleaned due to personal attacks and off topic posting.
This thread is about the poll and LGBT. Leave Trump out of it.

MOD HAT OFF

• Winner
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since it appears you agree that Facts are relevant, what facts can you provide us about the LGBT "lifestyle"?
Like, do they enjoy Gardening, do hey go Grocery shopping, go on Vacations, have 9-5 Jobs, do they play sports, what kid of music do they listen to, do the play an instrument, volunteer their time???.... Those are things that come to mind when I think about someones "Lifestyle"...

What do you think about when you wonder about someones "lifestyle"?

Do you wonder about other peoples lifestyles a lot?
Or does your inquiring curiosity and interest in knowing about other peoples "lifestyles" begin and end with the lifestyles of Homosexuals?

Or not.
Grocery Shopping does NOT disgust me, no matter how many LGBT's are doing it....

Live the way they Do?
Like, Go out and get the paper from the driveway each morning and sit in the kitchen with a cup of coffee while they read it, then get in their car and go to work, come home and maybe go camping on the weekend, or to a Ball game...

The right to "live like that" should be respected.... Yeah, probably so.

How is this limited to Homosexuals? Shouldn't EVERYONE keep their hands to themselves?
Or are you saying it's perfectly OK for Heterosexuals to get "handsy"?

Since what you find entertaining and what you choose to be entertained by is totally up to you, I'm not sure how its anyone fault that you don't find certain things entertaining...

I don't like the TV Game show "America Says". I do not find it enjoyable to watch at all.
I find the show unfunny and offensive in the way the Host tries to be funny but just isn't... As someone who enjoys ACTUAL comedy, It painful for me to watch.
Using the same logic you seem to be suggesting in your post, I suppose instead of Changing the channel I should just call the network and tell them to quit forcing this show down my throat, huh?
By this Logic I should have a right not to be forced to change the channel everytime it comes on, yes?

[Administrators and moderators, please forgive me if I am going too far with this one. I will do my best to restrain myself.]

What I meant by the LGBT lifestyle had only to do with the kind of relationships they choose with one another that God has declared to only be between a man and a woman within the confines of marriage.

When I was referring to the rights of LGBTs, I was referring to the choices they make between choosing behavior that that is sinful in the eyes of God and that which is holy and pleasing in His sight.

I was not referring to the normal day to day activities that everyone does regardless of what walk of life they are and what they believe in.

I cannot fathom how you could have misconstrued what I had said to mean anything else than that except that you were engaging in a contemptible “shaming” tactic to make those of who do hold fast to the Word of God, including the passages of scripture in which God forbids LGBT behavior, feel ashamed of our faith and our obedience to God, which is what your rhetoric implies in hopes that in doing so, you might shame some of us into endorsing and affirming those things which God has called sin and evil.

“Since what you find entertaining and what you choose to be entertained by is totally up to you, I'm not sure how its anyone fault that you don't find certain things entertaining...

By this Logic I should have a right not to be forced to change the channel everytime it comes on, yes?”

There is a clear and undeniable agenda to normalize LGBT behavior even within the entertainment industry. That cannot be denied, but did I ever say anything about calling up the networks to take such shows off the air? No, I don’t think I said that. Of course I am going to change the channel if I come across a show that I have no interest in, find distasteful, or am uncomfortable with.

Just more ridiculous “shaming rhetoric” on your part and a misrepresentation of what I had written, not to mention that your bad rhetoric goes above and beyond the scope of this thread which was simply a discussion about why a certain age group thought to be the most accepting of LGBT behavior appears to becoming disillusioned with LGBT causes, what the reasons might be, and what it might mean. Nothing more, nothing less.

“By far the vast majority of Sexual assaulting is perpetrated by predatory Heterosexuals... like exponentially.”

Heterosexuals outnumber LBGTs by a very wide margin and so it is assumed that more sexual assaults are committed by heterosexuals than LGBTs. The jury is still out on this one and even if there are studies and statistics indicating that such is the case, what factored into the results would also have to be considered since what questions are asked and what factors are considered do affect the integrity of the results.

“Strangely Nobody seems to blame Heterosexuality though...”

No, because it would be stupid to blame heterosexuality for sexual assault because the cause for sexual assaults comes from the very same cause from which all behavior we find shameful, contemptible, abhorrent, reprehensible, and which God has declared to be displeasing and wicked in His sight comes, and that is sin; a corrupted condition that we have inherited from Adam when he disobeyed God and ate from the very tree of the knowledge of good and evil that he was told not to eat from. (Rom. 5:12)

"Shouldn't EVERYONE keep their hands to themselves?
Or are you saying it's perfectly OK for Heterosexuals to get "handsy"?"

More foolish rhetoric. No one is saying that it is OK for anyone to get "handsy" as you put it.

I cannot wait to see how you twist and pervert this post.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.