The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Cis.jd, when you write, "But the left has just gotten annoying and completely nonsensical with it that it is more like a pop-cultural cliche than actual human rights", and I do understand your frustration, I see the right saying we have to 'go back' to whatever it is they think we need to go back to.

The intolerance grows on each side.

Trump's election was a reaction to Obama's election and promise to transform our nation, which is going to happen. Demographics and change cannot be stopped.
I agree, I'm not a Right wing, don't get me wrong. I consider myself a neutral. I do understand that when a period of far-right will eventually grow a far left in which the scale/spectrum will eventually move to. Back then, I do think the far right where the bad ones but now i think it's the left,

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am reminded that tolerance is not a Christian virtue.

The goal of evil is to be tolerated, then condemn good. The goal of promoting tolerance is for people to lose discernment between right and wrong, good and evil. STEP 1: Sexual deviancy.

Reactions: Augustus_33AD
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am reminded that tolerance is not a Christian virtue.

Jesus told His followers to emulate a heretic rather than a religiously-correct Levite, because the former had charity and the latter did not.

So He didn't tolerate evil, but He tolerated people with different religious beliefs. Which is what we should do.

Be an imitation of Christ, and you'll be all right.

Here's a quick self-check:

How much time did Jesus spend condemning homosexuality, relative to the time He spent condemning "holier-than-thou" people? That should tell you what matters to Him.

Upvote 0

DanishLutheran

Dec 22, 2018
Aarhus
✟25,867.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
How much time did Jesus spend condemning homosexuality, relative to the time He spent condemning "holier-than-thou" people? That should tell you what matters to Him.

Please apply the same logic to everything else Jesus didn't specifically mention.
Apparently incest, speeding, and a multitude of other things are completely fine because Jesus never said a word about it.

He didn't need to. The burden of proof is on those who'd say that Jesus was completely okay with homophilia, in contradiction of every single part of Jewish life, teaching, custom, and, most importantly, the laws that He Himself had given.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Another possibility is that perhaps people are being more honest than in the past.
Nope. No one in my generation is comfortable with speaking their mind. Any time I'm with friends at college or work and a serious topic comes up like abortion or LGBT issues, everyone freaks out. Some people shut down, while others aggressively assert their stance in support of these issues, and if you disagree even mildly you'll have "bigot" painted on your forehead and no one will talk to you about deep issues and just keep things cordial. To disagree with the status quo means social difficulties. If you go too far in their eyes in maintaining your belief and refusing to participate in activities that you believe is wrong, a whole host of problems arise (such as ostracization, being targeted by professors, losing your scholarship, receiving an F on your transcript, and probably end up having to transfer just to get your degree. This is what me and my friends have faced this semester.)

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think people have a right to feel uncomfortable. Since when do their beliefs not matter? I really think that once LGBTQ stop trying to force their point and stop being bullies towards people with strong beliefs in heterosexuality as the correct orientation of sexuality, then they will be treated much better.
I think you lay the difference between tolerance and forced acceptance.

That many Americans perhaps a vast majority are truly for tolerance but not wanting acceptance forced by law and decree.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you go too far in their eyes in maintaining your belief and refusing to participate in activities that you believe is wrong, a whole host of problems arise (such as ostracization, being targeted by professors, losing your scholarship, receiving an F on your transcript, and probably end up having to transfer just to get your degree. This is what me and my friends have faced this semester.)

I remember that, back in February, you posted about being required to sing in a concert that would raise funds for the Matthew Shepard Foundation, and that you were looking for some kind of accommodation that would allow you to decline to participate in the concert while still keeping your choir scholarship. How did that work out? Were you able to work out some kind of compromise with your choir director, or did you lose your scholarship?

I didn't realize you had friends in the same situation. How did things work out for them?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It isn't so much about their sex lives as it is about how highly they think of themselves.

"Pride! goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
Psalm 16:18

In fact, the anti-LGBTQ is about power and politics, not love and tolerance.

Of course, because LGBTQ is essentially about power and politics. It is only secondarily about sexuality.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It isn't so much about their sex lives as it is about how highly they think of themselves.

Jesus certainly viewed sinners in a more favorable light than He views Pharisees.

Most heterosexuals who are Christians don't think they are better than homosexuals; like most homosexuals, they just want to be left alone and to have the same rights as anyone else. There are Pharisees today, but they are a minority among Christians, I think.

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I remember that, back in February, you posted about being required to sing in a concert that would raise funds for the Matthew Shepard Foundation, and that you were looking for some kind of accommodation that would allow you to decline to participate in the concert while still keeping your choir scholarship. How did that work out? Were you able to work out some kind of compromise with your choir director, or did you lose your scholarship?

I didn't realize you had friends in the same situation. How did things work out for them?
It hasn't worked out well at all. Basically, our director sicced the whole music department against me and 9 other people who dissented. I and two others lost our scholarships because the director, dean, and provost refused to allow us to have alternative assignments and failed us; luckily it was before the drop date of our classes, so most of us managed to keep the f from our transcript, except for two people. In any case, music majors need the choir credit in order to graduate with their degrees, and everyone knows the director has a vendetta against us now (his exact words to one of my friends was "I don't care about your freedom of speech because I have tenure.") So some people are considering transferring universities. I'm the luckiest one because I'm not a music major, although I did lose scholarship money over it, and I won't be doing choir again because I don't want to deal with the stigma against me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Johan_1988

Jun 17, 2019
Durban
✟30,451.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think you lay the difference between tolerance and forced acceptance.

That many Americans perhaps a vast majority are truly for tolerance but not wanting acceptance forced by law and decree.

Yes,thank you that is what I said in a nutshell.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This might offer some perspective:

2xwgz19b6kutgk7i3uc7-q.png

Violence in America, which has also been declining for decades, also ticked upward slightly in the same period.
asher-ucr-2016-0922-1-corrected.png

"Attitude reflects leadership." Fortunately, not as much as we feared.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

"Pride! goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
Psalm 16:18

Of course, because LGBTQ is essentially about power and politics. It is only secondarily about sexuality.
So you are saying the pro- and con- are opposite sides of the same coin.

They both are on point yet at fault the same time?

OK.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To anyone who approves or supports the LGBTQ or anything else that is wicked and perverse in the name of "tolerance".
Romans 1:32
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

In other words, even if you merely approve of their wickedness, you are just as guilty as they are.

Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
To anyone who approves or supports the LGBTQ or anything else that is wicked and perverse in the name of "tolerance".
Romans 1:32
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them." In other words, even if you merely approve of their wickedness, you are just as guilty as they are.
That is your literalist interpretation, which you have a right to believe and voice, as other Christians have the right to believe it to be wrong and incomplete. God loves us all, and will leave the punishment of death to the state not to the churches or their organizations.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.