The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To anyone who approves or supports the LGBTQ or anything else that is wicked and perverse in the name of "tolerance".
Romans 1:32
"Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them."

In other words, even if you merely approve of their wickedness, you are just as guilty as they are.

Jesus said to one who had done far worse:

"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

I see homosexual behavior as a sin. But being a sinner myself, I refuse to join the "my sin is nicer than your sin" club. Anyone here without sin, feel free to first throw a stone. My church isn't for those kinds of people, who are free of sin. It's for sinners who want to do better.

"Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection."

That's a Christian take on it. There are surely others that are similarly God-oriented. Find one that works for you.

• Agree
Reactions: JacobKStarkey
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is your literalist interpretation, which you have a right to believe and voice, as other Christians have the right to believe it to be wrong and wicked. God loves us all, and will leave the punishment of death to the state not to the churches or their organizations.
Perhaps it is my "literalist interpretation". So what alternative interpretation are you suggesting? It seems rather clear to me.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said to one who had done far worse:

"Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

I see homosexual behavior as a sin. But being a sinner myself, I refuse to join the "my sin is nicer than your sin" club. Anyone here without sin, feel free to first throw a stone. My church isn't for those kinds of people, who are free of sin. It's for sinners who want to do better.
I don't think anyone here is saying one sin is better or worse than the other. Sin is sin, and it is sinful to approve of sinful behavior. That is all. BTW...I love the avatar.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't think anyone here is saying one sin is better or worse than the other.

I'm just suggesting that Jesus seems a lot more concerned about Phariseeism than homosexuality. Avoid both of those, but pay particular attention to His word on this.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And of course, "feeling comfortable with" something is a lot different then tolerating it. There are a lot of things people are and do that I'm not comfortable with, but I have no problem with them doing it in their own homes or whatever.

Reactions: JacobKStarkey
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course, because LGBTQ is essentially about power and politics. It is only secondarily about sexuality.

In short, it's a question of whether those people have the same rights as everyone else. I'm not unsympathetic to the far right about this, in their search for a scapegoat group. First, they hated Jews, and that became a liability. Then, they hated black people, and then that became a liability. Then they hated Muslims, and now that's a liability. So then they hated LGBTQ, and... well, you know.

I don't think that's you, but the white nationalists must feel that we keep jerking the rug out from under them.

Upvote 0

Contenders Edge

Site Supporter
May 13, 2019
Hayfork
✟167,447.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

Young people are growing less tolerant of LGBTQ individuals, a jarring turn for a generation traditionally considered embracing and open, a survey released Monday shows.

The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018 – the only age group to show a decline, according to the annual Accelerating Acceptance report. And that is down from 63% in 2016.

Driving the dilution of acceptance are young women whose overall comfort levels plunged from 64% in 2017 to 52% in 2018, says the survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD.

“We count on the narrative that young people are more progressive and tolerant,” John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, told USA TODAY. “These numbers are very alarming and signal a looming social crisis in discrimination.”

Among the findings:

• 36% of young people said they were uncomfortable learning a family member was LGBTQ, compared with 29% in 2017.

• 34% were uncomfortable learning their doctor was LGBTQ vs. 27% a year earlier.

• 39% were uncomfortable learning their child had a school lesson on LGBTQ history vs. 30% in 2017.

More at link: The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

What are your thoughts? Is this Trump's doing? The USA Today attributes the decline to "Toxic Culture." Here is one opinion piece on the recent Harris Poll:

Next generation of parents losing enthusiasm for LGBT indoctrination: Survey

If these findings are what they appear to be, then that is an encouraging sign. It means that the Church will be able to find some common ground with the particular age group surveyed. The Lifesite News article that you provided a link to gives the most insight into why a majority of young people appear disillusioned and disenfranchised with the LGBT agenda.

Aside from the hypocrisy they see in the LGBT movement and the lack of tolerance and understanding they display towards those from whom they demand tolerance and understanding, and the safety concerns they have with the transgender facility policies that many states and local communities have passed, there are a number of factors that may also come into play:

1. Once young people, or anyone for that matter, researches LGBT issues for themselves and from an objective standpoint, they are probably discovering information that proves the pro-LGBT propaganda to be the lie that it is and that the claims made in favor of the LGBT lifestyle have either little or no basis in fact whatsoever. It is amazing how much you are not learning in school or from the mainstream media when you actually begin to search these things out for yourself.

2. Even they do not want to admit it, anyone, be they Christian or non-Christian, who identifies as a heterosexual is going to be personally repulsed by LGBTS and disgusted at the things that they do. They may respect the right of LGBTS to live the way they do, but want them to keep their hands to themselves. They also resent the entertainment industry cramming the LGBT agenda down their throats.

3. They have either been victimized or know someone who has been victimized sexually by an LGBT person and therefore are untrusting of LGBT people.

4. They’ve witnessed the consequences of policies passed in favor of LGBTs.

But we need to be clear on something: This growing disapproval of the LGBT community may not necessarily be based on widespread religious conversions even though religious conversions may play a role in some cases, but what this does mean is that there is an inroad opened in the hearts and minds of these young people for the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to enter and we need to capitalize on that and pray that this age group will be open to hearing the Gospel, come to a saving faith in Christ, and in turn, become the best servants and representatives of our Lord that they can be.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,917.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

Young people are growing less tolerant of LGBTQ individuals, a jarring turn for a generation traditionally considered embracing and open, a survey released Monday shows.

The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018 – the only age group to show a decline, according to the annual Accelerating Acceptance report. And that is down from 63% in 2016.

Driving the dilution of acceptance are young women whose overall comfort levels plunged from 64% in 2017 to 52% in 2018, says the survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD.

“We count on the narrative that young people are more progressive and tolerant,” John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, told USA TODAY. “These numbers are very alarming and signal a looming social crisis in discrimination.”

Among the findings:

• 36% of young people said they were uncomfortable learning a family member was LGBTQ, compared with 29% in 2017.

• 34% were uncomfortable learning their doctor was LGBTQ vs. 27% a year earlier.

• 39% were uncomfortable learning their child had a school lesson on LGBTQ history vs. 30% in 2017.

More at link: The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

What are your thoughts? Is this Trump's doing? The USA Today attributes the decline to "Toxic Culture." Here is one opinion piece on the recent Harris Poll:

If the next generation are seeing through the persistent indoctrination of educational and media organisations on this is a good thing. BUt people need to be respected as people regardless of their weird or false lifestyle choices. So I guess it depends on what intolerance means. If it means an intolerance with the propaganda, moral relativism and antichristian behaviour of Gay lobby groups then it seems this is a good thing. If it leads to workplace discrimination or property damage or attacks on people for their freewill choices then it is not a good thing

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

JacobKStarkey

Jan 3, 2019
Houston, Texas
✟40,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One has every right to oppose others' agendas, as long as it is within the law and does not infringe on civil liberties.

Gay Marriage in no way infringes on my heterosexual marriage.

Nothing has been taken away from us.

Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have a Neice that is Gay, She seems happy with her endless string of female partners,

I have an uncle who is straight. He also seems happy with his endless string of female partners.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Among the findings:

Tolerance is a two way street ... and intolerance manifests itself all over society. So given the following definitions (read carefully), is it wrong to be intolerant?

tolerance
the ability or willingness to tolerate something, in particular the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

intolerance
unwillingness to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.
the word accept
believe or come to recognize (an opinion, explanation, etc.) as valid or correct.

tolerant
showing willingness to allow the existence of opinions or behavior that one does not necessarily agree with.

Two words that could change the world.

Be kind (to one another). It would seem it would be best to teach and promote kindness in regard to all people regardless of their viewpoints.

kindness
the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.

considerate
careful not to cause inconvenience or hurt to others (emotionally or physically)

I think many of us are focusing on specifics, rather than the root of the resolve.

Trump is not responsible for a "toxic culture" (no one person is) ... we all play a part in it by not being kind to one another ... in one way or another.

To be unkind is the norm of society, sadly.

Focus on being kind, it could change the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
2. Even they do not want to admit it, anyone, be they Christian or non-Christian, who identifies as a heterosexual is going to be personally repulsed by LGBTS and disgusted at the things that they do.

I suggest an alternative wording here: "Some people who identify as heterosexual are personally repulsed by LGBT people and disgusted at the things that they do." You're probably right, though, that feelings like this affect the poll results.

They may respect the right of LGBTS to live the way they do, but want them to keep their hands to themselves.
3. They have either been victimized or know someone who has been victimized sexually by an LGBT person and therefore are untrusting of LGBT people.

This is a legitimate point, but doesn't have much to do with being gay. Many/most of us know someone who has been victimized sexually by a straight person. We should all be keeping our hands to ourselves, gay and straight alike.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1. Once young people, or anyone for that matter, researches LGBT issues for themselves and from an objective standpoint, they are probably discovering information that proves the pro-LGBT propaganda to be the lie that it is and that the claims made in favor of the LGBT lifestyle have either little or no basis in fact whatsoever.

Since it appears you agree that Facts are relevant, what facts can you provide us about the LGBT "lifestyle"?
Like, do they enjoy Gardening, do hey go Grocery shopping, go on Vacations, have 9-5 Jobs, do they play sports, what kid of music do they listen to, do the play an instrument, volunteer their time???.... Those are things that come to mind when I think about someones "Lifestyle"...

What do you think about when you wonder about someones "lifestyle"?

Do you wonder about other peoples lifestyles a lot?
Or does your inquiring curiosity and interest in knowing about other peoples "lifestyles" begin and end with the lifestyles of Homosexuals?

2. Even they do not want to admit it, anyone, be they Christian or non-Christian, who identifies as a heterosexual is going to be personally repulsed by LGBTS and disgusted at the things that they do.

Or not.
Grocery Shopping does NOT disgust me, no matter how many LGBT's are doing it....

They may respect the right of LGBTS to live the way they do...
Live the way they Do?
Like, Go out and get the paper from the driveway each morning and sit in the kitchen with a cup of coffee while they read it, then get in their car and go to work, come home and maybe go camping on the weekend, or to a Ball game...

The right to "live like that" should be respected.... Yeah, probably so.

but want them to keep their hands to themselves.

How is this limited to Homosexuals? Shouldn't EVERYONE keep their hands to themselves?
Or are you saying it's perfectly OK for Heterosexuals to get "handsy"?

They also resent the entertainment industry cramming the LGBT agenda down their throats.
Since what you find entertaining and what you choose to be entertained by is totally up to you, I'm not sure how its anyone fault that you don't find certain things entertaining...

I don't like the TV Game show "America Says". I do not find it enjoyable to watch at all.
When it comes on, I change the channel.
I find the show unfunny and offensive in the way the Host tries to be funny but just isn't... As someone who enjoys ACTUAL comedy, It painful for me to watch.
Using the same logic you seem to be suggesting in your post, I suppose instead of Changing the channel I should just call the network and tell them to quit forcing this show down my throat, huh?
By this Logic I should have a right not to be forced to change the channel everytime it comes on, yes?

By far the vast majority of Sexual assaulting is perpetrated by predatory Heterosexuals... like exponentially. Strangely Nobody seems to blame Heterosexuality though...

Last edited:
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.