The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

Young people are growing less tolerant of LGBTQ individuals, a jarring turn for a generation traditionally considered embracing and open, a survey released Monday shows.

The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018 – the only age group to show a decline, according to the annual Accelerating Acceptance report. And that is down from 63% in 2016.

Driving the dilution of acceptance are young women whose overall comfort levels plunged from 64% in 2017 to 52% in 2018, says the survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD.

“We count on the narrative that young people are more progressive and tolerant,” John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, told USA TODAY. “These numbers are very alarming and signal a looming social crisis in discrimination.”

Among the findings:

• 36% of young people said they were uncomfortable learning a family member was LGBTQ, compared with 29% in 2017.

• 34% were uncomfortable learning their doctor was LGBTQ vs. 27% a year earlier.

• 39% were uncomfortable learning their child had a school lesson on LGBTQ history vs. 30% in 2017.

More at link: The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

What are your thoughts? Is this Trump's doing? The USA Today attributes the decline to "Toxic Culture." Here is one opinion piece on the recent Harris Poll:

Next generation of parents losing enthusiasm for LGBT indoctrination: Survey
I see no LOVE in your post. This community is one of the tests for LOVE. Just as the homeless, migrants, imprisoned,poor, disenfranchised etc etc. What you do not get is Jesus Christ of Nazareth made it a point to be with all these people. "Uncomfortable"? Christ was never that. He gave us the Holy Spirit in order to help and be comfortable doing so. Receive.
Blessings

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Gee, you don't suppose people are being turned off by the obnoxious public scenes such people are creating, supposedly to bring other people to acceptance of their psychosocial disorders as "normal"??
Like the obscene naked public struttings of PRIDE parades?

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

Young people are growing less tolerant of LGBTQ individuals, a jarring turn for a generation traditionally considered embracing and open, a survey released Monday shows.

The number of Americans 18 to 34 who are comfortable interacting with LGBTQ people slipped from 53% in 2017 to 45% in 2018 – the only age group to show a decline, according to the annual Accelerating Acceptance report. And that is down from 63% in 2016.

Driving the dilution of acceptance are young women whose overall comfort levels plunged from 64% in 2017 to 52% in 2018, says the survey conducted by The Harris Poll on behalf of LGBTQ advocacy group GLAAD.

“We count on the narrative that young people are more progressive and tolerant,” John Gerzema, CEO of The Harris Poll, told USA TODAY. “These numbers are very alarming and signal a looming social crisis in discrimination.”

Among the findings:

• 36% of young people said they were uncomfortable learning a family member was LGBTQ, compared with 29% in 2017.

• 34% were uncomfortable learning their doctor was LGBTQ vs. 27% a year earlier.

• 39% were uncomfortable learning their child had a school lesson on LGBTQ history vs. 30% in 2017.

More at link: The young are regarded as the most tolerant generation. That's why results of this LGBTQ survey are 'alarming'

What are your thoughts? Is this Trump's doing? The USA Today attributes the decline to "Toxic Culture." Here is one opinion piece on the recent Harris Poll:

I actually this think has everything to do with LGBTQ themselves. This group is offended by literally everything you think, do, or say and have zero problem going out if their way to ruin peoples lives who disagree with their world view..

I can see young people staying away from that atmosphere more and more, its repelling rather than inviting.

If LGBT acted like normal people who simply have a different sexual orientation it would be different, but they arent, they turned into professional victims no one wants to be around, I'm sure.

I've seen public tantrums that would curl your hair over a stranger using the wrong pronoun, and certainly made me want to never so much as say hi to any of them.. I couldn't even imagine trying to be friends with someone like that..

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I see no LOVE in your post. This community is one of the tests for LOVE. Just as the homeless, migrants, imprisoned,poor, disenfranchised etc etc. What you do not get is Jesus Christ of Nazareth made it a point to be with all these people. "Uncomfortable"? Christ was never that. He gave us the Holy Spirit in order to help and be comfortable doing so. Receive.
Blessings

Christ was not filled with resentment against perceived enemies.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like the obscene naked public struttings of PRIDE parades?

I attended a Pride Parade with my five of my children last month and I didn't see any of that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't watch. Christ commanded us to show love to our enemies, and that means, I believe, in words spoken and written as well as in our actions.

He didn't command us to be freinds with people who are so mentally disturbed that a person can't even say "Thank you sir, have a nice day!" to..

When polite niceties can turn into a situation where you may have to call the police for your own protection, it's something you give a wide berth to. There's no way to deal with that, even if your heart is full of love and kindness..

Reactions: Augustus_33AD
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There was a public incident to which I was a bystander in which someone told some guy - a guy in his early 20's, jeans, t-shirt, average looking young man - to have a nice day "sir"

the sir is simply polite to say to any man.. it's a polite form of address when you don't know someone's name etc.

The young man threw a temper tantrum so badly, it almost became a police matter. Even I was scared of this screaming young man who began throwing things since he was obviously a woman (yeah right) and I was only a bystander..

for most people who don't have a lot of exposure to the LGBTQ community, incidences like these are some of the only contact we have with these people. And its not endearing...

This is what we see... so no. I'm not going out of my way to get some more exposure to that. And I can't imagine your local high school kid wanting to be the friend of the guy willing to be arrested because no one can tell he's a woman.. lol..

And that is, in my opinion, why there would be less acceptance now of the community as a whole than there once was..

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I don't know about Trump but the main reason why people are "growing less tolerant" is probably because it has gotten annoying. No one should throw stones at them or ban them from marriage if it's outside the church. But the left has turned it into a nonsense pop-cultural cliche than actual human rights.

For one, every single tv show/movie has these SJW topics shoe horned in it's script. It's like you can just see the Producer of these films say during conception: "Well we have to have gay people in this movie, because this is what the kids like now"... Natural storytelling just has to take a backseat to make a societal shout out.

Then you have some of the most illogical arguments such as putting them in the context of race, and even using animals as examples (Penguins).. this so stupid because pedophilia also in the animal kingdom so why not support that as well, based on this reasoning? Then we have the whole transphobia nonsense.

People these days just want to claim that they are oppressed of something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,234.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's a consequence of the LGBT pushing too far, too fast. I don't believe any paradigm of society is permanent and the self destructive nature of liberal sexual values will not facilitate growth or their version of tolerance, in the long term.

Overall, good news that the young aren't universally brainwashed to adhere to the LGBT movement.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't watch. Christ commanded us to show love to our enemies, and that means, I believe, in words spoken and written as well as in our actions.
Sometimes, the most loving thing to do is tell someone they are about to walk off the cliff and into the pit of hell. Rather than standing passively out of fear of offending them.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Loving you enemies does not entail approving of their sin and perversion. Yes, Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors. But never did He approve of their sin.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Blessings
It was a poll.

Reactions: Augustus_33AD
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Among the findings:

• 39% were uncomfortable learning their child had a school lesson onI think you are the liar. history vs. 30% in 2017.

Maybe they are taking a step back because they now see that LGBTQ is about power and politics, not love and tolerance.

If LGBTQ could be tolerant with those who disagree with them, LGBTQ would be more popular.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.