Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about Hillary made you want her as president?

OK let's play a game of "what if?"

What if Hillary Clinton gave an interview where she was asked if she ever asked God for forgiveness...and her response was "No, she has never needed to ask God for forgiveness"
Would you criticize that response?

Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK let's play a game of "what if?"

What if Hillary Clinton gave an interview where she was asked if she ever asked God for forgiveness...and her response was "No, she has never needed to ask God for forgiveness"
Would you criticize that response?

OK what if Barack Obama gave an interview where he was asked what he and his daughter most had in common and he responded "Sex"
Would you criticize Obama for saying that?

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
From Politico today- secular atheist Michael Shermer says that the rise of Trump is proof that the United States is moving towards atheism...

That is just wishful thinking on the part of one atheist. I think we're moving more toward Mormonism. Or 7th day Adventist.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
OK what if Barack Obama gave an interview where he was asked what he and his daughter most had in common and he responded "Sex"
Would you criticize Obama for saying that?

What if Trump spent the last 20 or 30 years embroiled in scandal after scandal? You know he's guilty but nobody is prosecuting.

What if Trump said, "To hell with Congress. I'll pass laws and appoint judges myself without their input or consent," and then he does it?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump has advocated several reforms that would be helpful for the churches and promote freedom of religion. He has stated his allegiance to Christianity and it didn't take five years for him to do it. He's attended church services more often while in his first 100 days than some other presidents of recent memory. That all of this is supposed to be working towards or aiding atheism is nonsense.

• Agree
Reactions: Mccleary
Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump has advocated several reforms that would be helpful for the churches and promote freedom of religion. He has stated his allegiance to Christianity and it didn't take five years for him to do it. He's attended church services more often while in his first 100 days than some other presidents of recent memory. That all of this is supposed to be working towards or aiding atheism is nonsense.

the last i heard... he said he had never asked god for forgiveness....several christians including gov rick perry criticized him viciously for this statement....
so has he ever clarified that statement? when the "grab her by the *****" video came out did he ever say that he had apologized and/ or asked god for forgiveness?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the last i heard... he said he had never asked god for forgiveness....several christians including gov rick perry criticized him viciously for this statement....
so has he ever clarified that statement?
I don't think that it's fair or appropriate, when a person claims to be a Christian and attends church and promotes the well-being of the churches and freedom of religion...

...to look for a way to pick apart his commitment by nit-picking some particular aspect of it.

We all know that there are dozens of theological differences among us Christians on these forums, and I would not imply that anyone here isn't a genuine Christian because his view of the afterlife or how he worships or when he does so, or anything like that happens to differ somewhat from mine.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

white gardenia

Feb 26, 2017
kansas/ montana
Visit site
✟19,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think that it's fair or appropriate, when a person claims to be a Christian and attends church and promotes the well-being of the churches and freedom of religion...

...to look for a way to pick apart some particular aspect of his faith.

We all know that there are dozens of theological differences among us Christians on these forums, and I would not imply that anyone here isn't a genuine Christian because his view of the afterlife or how he worships or when he does so, or anything like that, happens to differ somewhat from mine.

But democrat phonies like Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton also attend church and pay lip service to the importance of church/ religion....almost all politicians do...which is why it was so shocking that this year we got two of the least religious most overtly secular politicians in our nations history...Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders.
And if you tried to reason with republican voters...you know, remind them that Donald Trump has bragged IN HIS OWN book about committing adultery, has made vulgar sexual comments about countless women, including his own daughter, has said he has never asked God for forgiveness...etc etc these republicans would say "We dont want a pastor in chief" So these Republican voters denigrated and mocked good Christian candidates like Bobby Jindal, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and turned the GOP over to a reprobate sex maniac....
The Republican voters should be ashamed of themselves and ashamed for their country...And Christian leaders like Jerry Falwell Jr and Robert Jeffress owe everyone a public apolology for justifying/ normalizing this deviant behavior.

RIP GOP

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums