Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
To know if you're a Christian. Plenty of folks on this forum aren't.

Not only is religion displayed on a poster's profile (and easily viewable next to each post), this subforum is restricted to Christians. Anyone who had the least but of sense could easily tell that Adlebaran was Christian from those things.

If you're going to lie about your motives at least make the lie plausible.

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Because, as I just explained to you, I'm not a member of the NRA. The better question is, why did you ask me if I was?

As you can see, that was not your entire statement. When I asked you if you were an NRA member, it was because you said you are a conservative (post 88) and that you don't get labeled as being part of a hate group. I then asked if you are an NRA member (post 89) along with a picture indicating that people of that conservative group are in fact being labeled that way. I asked if you were a member of that group, and you responded by saying "Of course not. I'm a Christian" (post 90), as if those things were exclusive of each other. If that's not what you meant to imply, then what is it that you meant?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Not only is religion displayed on a poster's profile (and easily viewable next to each post), this subforum is restricted to Christians. Anyone who had the least but of sense could easily tell that Adlebaran was Christian from those things.

If you're going to lie about your motives at least make the lie plausible.

Asking him if he's a Christian certainly is a more relevant question than him asking me if I'm a member of the NRA out of the blue. It's a Christian forum and there's plenty of folks who aren't Christian here, so it was a pretty sensible question. If you want to go around accusing folks of lying, you go right ahead, but I wasn't. I don't go around and reading the bio of every member, nor do I look all that closely as to what section I'm in. I just read threads from the sidebar.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
As you can see, that was not your entire statement. When I asked you if you were an NRA member, it was because you said you are a conservative (post 88) and that you don't get labeled as being part of a hate group. I then asked if you are an NRA member (post 89) along with a picture indicating that people of that conservative group are in fact being labeled that way. I asked if you were a member of that group, and you responded by saying "Of course not. I'm a Christian" (post 90), as if those things were exclusive of each other. If that's not what you meant to imply, then what is it that you meant?

I meant what I stated.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Asking him if he's a Christian certainly is a more relevant question than him asking me if I'm a member of the NRA out of the blue. It's a Christian forum and there's plenty of folks who aren't Christian here, so it was a pretty sensible question. If you want to go around accusing folks of lying, you go right ahead, but I wasn't. I don't go around and reading the bio of every member, nor do I look all that closely as to what section I'm in. I just read threads from the sidebar.

I asked you right after posting a picture of people demonizing the NRA--a conservative group--which is what was being talked about.

Moonlessnight hit the nail on the head in his post.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Can't you at least explain what you meant rather than continuing to say that you meant it?

That I'm not a member of either the NRA in the picture of the poster you randomly threw up at me, or the actual NRA you referred to when you got paranoid about my response to that, and I'm a Christian conservative who owns guns and is against white supremacy.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I asked you right after posting a picture of people demonizing the NRA--a conservative group--which is what was being talked about.

Moonlessnight hit the nail on the head in his post.

Right, and then you said that you, like me, are a conservative gun-owner who is not a member of the NRA.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That I'm not a member of either the NRA in the picture of the poster you randomly threw up at me, or the actual NRA you referred to when you got paranoid about my response to that, and I'm a Christian conservative who owns guns and is against white supremacy.

Ok. I'll take it at that then.

Upvote 0

ambc

Mark 12:30-31
Aug 18, 2017
Houston, TX
✟20,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If I have posted this in the wrong forum, please move it to the correct one, thank you.

First of all, I must point out that I am horrified at the activity in Charlottesville. NOBODY on the Left, Right or Center has ANY right to kill, hurt, or in any other way injure anyone else.

Now, to begin at the beginning, the trouble began when several states, mostly driven by politically correct citizens, demanded that the statues of various heroes of the South be taken down. That's okay. It is their state, and every citizen has the right to be heard. I may be for or against such a measure, but I am allowed to state an opinion, so that's cool.

What I do have a problem with is taking down statues of General Robert E. Lee. If the PC Police want to vilify him, well, freedom of the press means that whoever owns the press has the freedom to print what they want. Robert E. Lee was a pious church man, and, notwithstanding what most web sites say, he was not in favor of slavery or secession. Before the Civil war began, he was asked to take over as Superintendent of West Point. When a Black man came to Communion (Episcopalian) after the war, Lee was the only man in the congregation to come down to the communion rail with him and kneel beside him.

He graduated #2 from West Point. When the Civil War started, he was offered several prominent posts in the Union Army. When Virginia seceded, he followed his own state into the Confederacy, even though he was opposed to the secession.

He is a historic figure, and making him an unperson will confuse all future students of the Civil War. General Grant will end up taking the surrender of this obscure Southern General that nobody knows, because he has been erased from History

The alt-right people aren't Nazis, terrorists, or anything of the like. They're pro-white conservatives who care about their race. Nothing wrong with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The alt-right people aren't Nazis, terrorists, or anything of the like. They're pro-white conservatives who care about their race. Nothing wrong with that.

Perhaps we need to define what "pro-white" means.

-CryptoLutheran

• Optimistic
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So all the Nazi flags and self identification as Nazis are... what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Pro-white means that a white person, typically a conservative, cares about his race. What's wrong with that?

Not sure. Depends on what "cares about his race" means. Does such a person believe in the total equality of all races and the just treatment of all people under the law? Does such a person find inter-racial relationships perfectly normal and fine? Does such a person ultimately understand that "race" is a purely artificial social construct with no objective, scientific meaning?

Perhaps you could explain, precisely, what it means for someone to "care about his race". Speaking personally--as a white person--I've never found my being "white" particularly important, because I don't think "race" is entirely meaningful in addressing inter-human interactivity. I can understand African Americans emphasizing blackness as part of a historical-cultural reality within the context of America's history of oppression against black people; I can understand people finding ethnicity meaningful--whether they are Japanese, Korean, Italian, Irish, Mexican, Columbian (etc)--but generic "whiteness" doesn't have any meaning for me because being "white" doesn't form any particular meaningful part of my personal identity. My Irish and German heritage are meaningful to me, but being "white" not so much.

So I would find it helpful if one could explain exactly what "caring about one's race" means here. Because frankly it's pretty difficult for me to see much else in such language other than a dog whistle.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Confederate States flag isn't a Nazi flag. WWII wouldn't start until the next century.

Nope, the "Confederate" flag isn't a Nazi flag--Nazi flags are Nazi flags though.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know who destroys any reminder of past regimes, even failed ones, the Soviet Union did that. It has a long history and it doesn't erase that history, it buries it. Slavery was on the brink of expanding until the Missouri compromise that pretty much settled the question of slavery expanding into the western states. The debate was so heated that one senator was beaten severely with a cane. The war between the states was a brutal one, obliterating so many young men on both sides but succeeded in making slavery illegal. When Lincoln was running South Carolina said if he is elected we will seced, he was and they did. Do the soldiers that fought to end slavery get any credit? Anyway, Lee should be remembered, if for no other reason, because he led a failed confederacy.

If anything I would leave it there but perhaps change the meaning somewhat, something along the lines of, 'thus to all tyrants', as Booth proclaimed as he murdered the great emancipator.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For those with privilege, it amounts to racism.

What privilege is that? Being called a racist because we're white? Told that we need to step aside and allow a black person to take a job we are equally qualified for on the basis of the black person getting "social justice"?

Be careful about mentioning privilege in the context of skin color. Doing so is just a way of saying that you don't think a white person is just as worthy as a black person, or a person of any race or color.

Upvote 0