Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pointing out hypocrissy is fine. Excusing your own problems by shifting attention to someone else's is not.

I'm not excusing anything. Just pointing out the hypocrisy, which as you say, is fine. Although I've pointed out BLM and their actions when they were at their height not long ago, and of course their supporters were just as quick to do their "whataboutisms" at that time. Naturally, it was acceptable at that time.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not excusing anything. Just pointing out the hypocrisy, which as you say, is fine. Although I've pointed out BLM and their actions when they were at their height not long ago, and of course their supporters were just as quick to do their "whataboutisms" at that time. Naturally, it was acceptable at that time.
I'm not crazy about their tactics but I don't recall one of them driving into a crowd. What about that?

• Winner
Reactions: Jenny_8675309
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not crazy about their tactics but I don't recall one of them driving into a crowd. What about that?

Yes, driving into a crowd is bad.
As for your Whataboutism, I could say that I'm not crazy about people who shoot and kill cops or light buildings on fire because the people doing it didn't agree with the verdict of a court case. "What about that?"

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, driving into a crowd is bad.

It's called murder Aldebaran, it's called evil.
As for your Whataboutism, I could say that I'm not crazy about people who shoot and kill cops or light buildings on fire because the people doing it didn't agree with the verdict of a court case. "What about that?"

Now who is playing what about?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's called murder Aldebaran, it's called evil.

I guess I'm now in the wrong for not using the exact words you wanted. Bad, evil, murder, terroristic, hateful, etc. Take your pick, and then move on.

Now who is playing what about?

At least I went along with yours and answered your question. How about answering mine?

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'm now in the wrong for not using the exact words you wanted. Bad, evil, murder, terroristic, hateful, etc. Take your pick, and then move on.

At least I went along with yours and answered your question. How about answering mine?
Great response to them! They cannot handle pointing out things about what their side does so they will attempt to shift the topic to something else so they don't have answer or deal with the great responses you gave. Both sides have groups that are, in my mind, terrorists and racists and evil. So when one calls one said bad, but dismisses their own sides groups, you know they are hypocrites. Hence no point arguing with them.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Great response to them! They cannot handle pointing out things about what their side does so they will attempt to shift the topic to something else so they don't have answer or deal with the great responses you gave. Both sides have groups that are, in my mind, terrorists and racists and evil. So when one calls one said bad, but dismisses their own sides groups, you know they are hypocrites. Hence no point arguing with them.

Often the talking points aren't even updated in the context of new information. Recall that after the Scalise shooting, people brought up the Gabby Giffords shooting to claim that Republicans were just as bad (despite the motivations in that case being known to be non-political). The New York Times even claimed that the political motivations in the Gabby Giffords case were clearer than in the Scalise case!

I'm sure that the next time there is a shooting of a republican (and unfortunately with the climate in this country it's going to be a matter of when, not if), they will bring up the exact same talking point again.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Posting a picture and then calling people names because you don't agree with them is easy. Perhaps someone would like to put a caption under pictures that show what the "other side" does.
baltimore-stabbing.jpg

Black-Lives-Matter-Protesters-Call-For-Violence-If-Anyone-Dies-in-Police-Custody.png

gty_baltimore_protest_tl_150428_16x9_992.jpg

Black-Lives-Matter-Reuters-640x480.jpg

Are we really having a debate on whether it's acceptable to refer to a nazi as a bigot and terrorist?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
That's like saying, "No, no! You're not supposed to point out anyone's hypocrisy! This isn't about us, it's all about YOU!"

Nazis are still Nazis. If you really want to be a Nazi apologist here, then that's certainly interesting.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Are we really having a debate on whether it's acceptable to refer to a nazi as a bigot and terrorist?

-CryptoLutheran

No. We're arguing about whether it's right to target a particular group based on their skin color and beliefs to the exclusion of other groups that disagree with them, and accusing the one group of violence while excusing the violence from the other side even when video shows violence on both sides. We've also been arguing about whether or not the president should take sides like the mainsteam media has been.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pointing out hypocrissy is fine. Excusing your own problems by shifting attention to someone else's is not.

That's why I've been pointing out the fact that the haters on the Left are doing just that. Perhaps you believe "shifting attention to someone else's (problems)" is ok when it's done by those of certain skin colors other than those who are white (?). That seems to be the pattern.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nazis are still Nazis. If you really want to be a Nazi apologist here, then that's certainly interesting.

-CryptoLutheran

Just trying to show that there are two sides to what happened, even though some people here choose to see only one.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

It's not the wording that worries me, it's the morality and no society can tolerate a reckless disregard for life. Look I'm not unsympathetic with regards to the blatant bias of the press regarding Trump, Antifa violence, George Sorel, or the excesses of Black Lives Matter. I am moving on but I'm not going to pretend I have to pick a side here.

We either have a moral consensus or all the laws in the world will not maintain order in our society. There is a criminal element in any society, demographic or committee, law abiding people should never be called upon to justify the the excesses, the extremism or violence of the few. I would never demand that you justify the misdeeds of the alt right and I will not try to defend protestors who willfully disregard the rule of law.

I've learned to respect conservatives who demonstrate the courage of their convictions. I didn't like or really respect the agenda of Regan or the Bush's but I could at least respect their sense of human decency and morality. You want to assign blame there is plenty of that to go around, this is beyond partisan politics.

Abraham Lincoln made a speech in Indianapolis once on one of his whistle stop tours, the future of this country resides with you, the people. I concur. The fault lies not in our government but within ourselves. There is a time and a place for violence, in times of war, when there is an imminent threat or when every other avenue of peaceful and reasonable resistance has failed. With regards to the police, Paul called ministers of justice, they carry the sword not in vain. However when you abandon the rule of law in pursuit of justice and security the end does not justify the means.

It's too easy and just plain wrong to say what about them. The real question is what about us as a people, will be tolerate or condemn violence as a means to political ends. Because if we do we are on the path to terrorism, not peace, justice or freedom.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Just trying to show that there are two sides to what happened, even though some people here choose to see only one.

Yes, two sides:

On side, Nazis.
The other side, not Nazis.

This isn't complicated.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, two sides:

On side, Nazis.

This isn't complicated.

-CryptoLutheran

I see you've taken the same view as the mainstream media who see the country as Trump supporters, and everyone else. Us and them. Divide and conquer. And you wonder why there's so much division.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, two sides:

On side, Nazis.

This isn't complicated.

-CryptoLutheran
I'd say the other side is BLM and Antifa. And the all to scary "Black power" fist thing. If I recall didn't the black panthers start that? As long as people who use it aren't BP then I am fine with it. Point being there are hate groups on both sides. One just gets talked about more by the biased media.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd say the other side is BLM and Antifa. And the all to scary "Black power" fist thing. If I recall didn't the black panthers start that? As long as people who use it aren't BP then I am fine with it. Point being there are hate groups on both sides. One just gets talked about more by the biased media.
The Black Panthers did start out militant, now they are activists. One of the more persuasive arguments I've heard is how would we respond to black protestors walking around with semi-automatic weapons. I seen people confronting hate, BLM and Antifa was being provocative, but they weren't the heavies in this. We have budget legislation coming up, tax reform and a host of foreign policy issues that should be addressed before we see a repeat of the Health Care stalemate. Trump keeps taking the bait and they are very adept at pushing his buttons. He has become a lame duck far too early and the political damage he is doing to his party and his supporters is insurmountable. Now Republicans are going after him on moral issues, it does not speak well for his political instincts or the prospects for his political agenda.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see you've taken the same view as the mainstream media who see the country as Trump supporters, and everyone else. Us and them. Divide and conquer. And you wonder why there's so much division.
I've seen worse and we will see worse, if Trump doesn't learn to control himself.

The words of a fool start fights;
do him a favor and gag him. (Proverbs 18:6)​

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. We're arguing about whether it's right to target a particular group based on their skin color and beliefs
If Nazis? YES! And is nothing to do with skin color. If Nazis all purple is still Nazis!

to the exclusion of other groups that disagree with them, and accusing the one group of violence while excusing the violence from the other side even when video shows violence on both sides. We've also been arguing about whether or not the president should take sides like the mainsteam media has been.
Who excuse violence? I not hear people excuse violence but maybe someone?

President of USA say Nazi and KKK side have some "very fine people". Is wrong. Is very bad. Now will hurt USA around world until Trump gone. Nobody forget president who do this.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump keeps taking the bait and they are very adept at pushing his buttons. He has become a lame duck far too early and the political damage he is doing to his party and his supporters is insurmountable.

Trump damage around world is insurmountable I think. World take Nazi very serious and nobody forget Trump statement. Already Trump behave badly since become President. This make far worse. Until Trump gone is stain on USA.

Upvote 0