United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord of the vineyard certainly did grind them to dust in 70 AD

So, your belief is that the events of 70AD came to pass at "The Coming of the Lord"?

Seems we're not so far apart after all:clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Nice try... Address Isaiah 52:10?
Who saw God's Physical arm?
Where is the Historical evidence of it being seen by every eye of every human in every nation back then??

If you have none, then yes, case closed. Just not the way you'd hoped.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is one thing for sure. You will not be given a single sign of his coming because you believe they've all be fulfilled.
You have nothing to watch for at all.

Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

I'll take the tree of life of my fulfilled desire over the sick heart of your deferred hope, every day.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Who saw God's Physical arm? where is the Historical evidence?

Facts are, no one ever took the mark of the beast so that they could buy or sell, Christ didnt come. Gog didn't Invade Israel and get destroyed by God and New Jerusalem didn't come down from heaven from God.
None of it ever happened at all.

• Winner
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, your belief is that the events of 70AD came to pass at "The Coming of the Lord"?

Seems we're not so far apart after all
He never came in 70 AD. That's your fallacy.

Why did not Josephus see him? Josephus witnessed the destruction of Jerusalem. Why didn't Tacitus or any Roman historian see Him? Why not Titus?

My goodness, in all Roman history there is not one account of any person who saw the return of Christ in 70 AD. Christ is in heaven, seated at the right hand of God. If he allows Romans who always had a prejudice against the Jews and their "cult" (which is also why Nero persecuted the Christians, because Christianity was considered a Jewish sect, and the "cult"of the Jews was despised), to destroy Jerusalem and its temple, it does not mean that Christ has returned.

Your fantasy-world is truly bizarre to me, to be honest.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

I'll take the tree of life of my fulfilled desire over the sick heart of your deferred hope, every day.

So you claim New Jerusalem also decended from heaven from God in 70 AD as well?
Do you have a date for the resurrection you say took place?
Let me guess, 70 AD?

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who saw God's Physical arm?
Where is the Historical evidence of it being seen by every eye of every human in every nation back then??

Case closed - but not in the way you hoped.

Case closed because the authority of scripture stands forever, but your misinterpretation of scripture (so much of scripture) falls like the walls of Jericho and the walls of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Case closed - but not in the way you hoped.

Case closed because the authority of scripture stands forever, but your misinterpretation of scripture (so much of scripture) falls like the walls of Jericho and the walls of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Really?...Her's an opportunity to prove me wrong:

Every time Yahweh "came in the clouds" and was "seen by all eyes" throughout the OT He did so INVISIBLY, "without ocular evidence". We have absolutely ZERO scriptural instruction to make that same language mean something POLAR OPPOSITE to the clear and consistent OT teaching when we find it in the NT.
ZERO.

YAHWEH WAS NOT SEEN BY HUMAN EYES HERE:

[On Yahweh's coming to Egypt -- early 700s BC] Behold, Yahweh rides on a swift cloud, and comes to Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall tremble at his presence; and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it. I will stir up the Egyptians against the Egyptians (Isaiah 19:1-2)

NOR HERE:

[On Yahweh's coming during the Maccabean Period] For I have bent Judah for me, I have filled the bow with Ephraim; and I will stir up your sons, Zion, against your sons, Greece, and will make you as the sword of a mighty man. Yahweh shall be seen over them, and his arrow shall go forth as the lightning; and the Lord Yahweh will blow the trumpet, and will go with whirlwinds of the south. Yahweh of Hosts will defend them; and they shall devour, and shall tread down the sling-stones; and they shall drink, and make a noise as through wine; and they shall be filled like bowls, like the corners of the altar. Yahweh their God will save them in that day (Zechariah 9:13-16)

NOR HERE:

Jehovah hath made bare His holy arm before the eyes of all nations (Isa 52:10)

NOR HERE:

[On Yahweh's coming to Israel for Babylonian Exile - 6th Century BC] Therefore thus says the Lord Yahweh: Because you are turbulent more than the nations that are round about you, and have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my ordinances, neither have done after the ordinances of the nations that are round about you; therefore thus says the Lord Yahweh: Behold, I, even I, am against you; and I will execute judgments in the midst of you before the eyes of the nations. I will do in you that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all your abominations (Ez 5:7-9)
(Side note on Ezekiel 5:7-9, Notice how Ezekiel states that the 6th century Judgment upon Israel would be the worst of God's Judgments that "ever was, nor ever shall be" - Interesting huh?)

NOR HERE:

[On Yahweh's coming to Israel for Babylonian Exile - 6th Century BC] As I live, says the Lord Yahweh, surely with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out, will I be king over you: and I will bring you out from the peoples, and will gather you out of the countries in which you are scattered, with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with wrath poured out; and I will bring you into the wilderness of the peoples, and there will I enter into judgment with you face to face...Hear the word of Yahweh: Thus says the Lord Yahweh, Behold, I will kindle a fire in you, and it shall devour every green tree in you, and every dry tree: the flaming flame shall not be quenched, and all faces from the south to the north shall be burnt thereby. All flesh shall see that I, Yahweh, have kindled it...Thus says Yahweh: Behold, I am against you, and will draw forth my sword out of its sheath, and will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked. Seeing then that I will cut off from you the righteous and the wicked, therefore shall my sword go forth out of its sheath against all flesh from the south to the north: and all flesh shall know that I, Yahweh, have drawn forth my sword out of its sheath (Ez 20:33-35,47-48; 21:3-5)

Accepting all the above scripture at face value, where might we find the scriptural instruction to interpret the OT Phrases "God rides a swift could" and was "Seen by the eyes of all nations" in Polar opposite fashion to the NT phrase "He is coming on the clouds and every eye shall see"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you have no answer. Duly Noted.
It's impossible to argue with someone who has re-written scripture by misapplying almost every verse. Continue to be drunk on your false claims, your bending and twisting of one portion of scripture after another, because you are going to sober up very quickly when Christ returns - but then it will be too late. You probably won't take part in that resurrection called "the first resurrection" by Christ in His Revelation to His churches.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He never came in 70 AD. That's your fallacy.

You Just said He did in your Post #513

Your fantasy-world is truly bizarre to me, to be honest.

Then Address my Post #529 above and demonstrate how and why my interpretation of those passages is "Bizarre and in error", and be sure to provide your alternate "correct" interpretation of them for us to examine.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I gave you an answer.
So much for your fairy tales.
Haha hardly.

Show me the physical evidence from History of Gods actual, physical arm being "seen by the eyes of all nations"

Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟183,148.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You Just said He did in your Post #513

Then Address my Post #529 above and demonstrate how and why my interpretation of those passages is "Bizarre and in error", and be sure to provide your alternate "correct" interpretation of them for us to examine.
No. You're drunk on the lies you believe. There is no wisdom in arguing forever and a day with someone who's as drunk as you are. Case closed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. You're drunk on the lies you believe. There is no wisdom in arguing forever and a day with someone who's as drunk as you are. Case closed.
You can take you ball and leave the sandbox if you cant stand the heat...
Or you can explain What you meant when you said that Matthew 21:40 was FULFILLED and that "The Lord of the vineyard certainly did grind them to dust in 70 AD"

How am I supposed to interpret your words differently than how they are written?

According to Matthew, The destruction of the Wicked vinedressers, identified as the Chief priests and Pharisees, was to take place "When the Lord of the Vineyard Comes"

You say this passage is FULFILLED, and you say the Lord of the Vineyard did destroy them in 70AD, which according to Matthew was at His Coming.

Please reconcile this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Haha hardly.

Show me the physical evidence from History of Gods actual, physical arm being "seen by the eyes of all nations"

I didn't claim the nations saw his arm. You did.
You have the burden of proof and you have no proof of Christ coming.

Christ was born of a virgin, was baptised in the Jordan. Preached the gospel throughout Israel. He healed he sick, made the blind see and was crucified on a cross. He was resurrected and appeared before many. He then ascended into the heavens.
All these things were witnessed and eye witnesses have given us thier accounts of these events.

But you claim Christ returned about 40 years after he ascended into heaven without a single witness.
You can't provide not one single witness that Christ came.
Why should anyone believe you? It's not like you witnessed his coming.

• Agree
Reactions: Zao is life
Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Soon has a lot of meaning in my view.

If you are ready to die, is that soon, or will you prepare in an elected year of your choosing?

Wait... so soon can mean anything we want it to mean?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't claim the nations saw his arm. You did.

Actually Isaiah Did.
Do you believe Him or don't you?

If you believe Isaiah, then you believe Gods Actual Arm WAS SEEN by every Eye of every person in every nation... I suppose if you don't believe Isaiah, then you don't believe God's arm was seen.

Which is it?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually Isaiah Did.
Do you believe Him or don't you?

If you believe Isaiah, then you believe Gods Actual Arm WAS SEEN by every Eye of every person in every nation... I suppose if you don't believe Isaiah, then you don't believe God's arm was seen.

Which is it?

Why are you changing the subject?
It is your claim that Christ came in 70 AD even though you did not witness it.
No one witnessed Christ's coming.

And for some very strange reason you feel the need to preach his coming in 70 AD although it benefits no one.
Why do you want everyone to believe Christ returned just 40 years after he ascended?
Is it so they would not watch for his coming?

Could it be that you don't want anyone to watch for Christ?

Mark 13:34 KJV: For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

First you claim his journey was short, then you tell everyone there's nothing to watch for.
Whatever your up to or who you work for, it doesn't look good.

Upvote 0