Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You might recognize the number of people that disappeared are few in Islamic countries or Hindu countries for instance.
So what. How could I know that the God of the bible was behind it? Surely some professed Christians will be left behind right? False converts as talked about in the bible.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what. How could I know that the God of the bible was behind it? Surely some professed Christians will be left behind right? False converts as talked about in the bible.
Ok, so what you are saying is that you would not believe the rapture happened. Thank you for answering my question.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
They'll blame it on some ET event?

Indeed. The Lizard People or Greys came and took them would be a more probable explanation.

Even when I identified as a Christian, I simply didn't believe in the Rapture. It came from the alleged visions of an Irish peasant who was a member of the Brethren sect, not the Bible.

Upvote 0

Oncedeceived

Senior Veteran
Jul 11, 2003
✟66,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even when I identified as a Christian, I simply didn't believe in the Rapture.

I believe in it, but as Paul said - we see through a glass dimly. I wouldn't be surprised though if the restrainer that's "taken out of the way" in 2 Thess 2 is the church (Holy Spirit as present in it).

Sorry you left Christianity.

• Agree
Reactions: Oncedeceived
Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This has been on my mind a great deal lately and so I thought I might ask all the atheists/unbelievers here a question. Many of you were believers at one time or another so most are aware of the Rapture and I was wondering if you find yourselves seeing millions of people gone from the earth what will you believe happened?
If all the religious folks suddenly went missing, then I’d believe in a god/s, as I can’t imagine a better world to live in!

• Haha
Reactions: plugh
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
This has been on my mind a great deal lately and so I thought I might ask all the atheists/unbelievers here a question. Many of you were believers at one time or another so most are aware of the Rapture and I was wondering if you find yourselves seeing millions of people gone from the earth what will you believe happened?

I wouldn't leap to a conclusion based on the familiarity of a situation to something that I don't recognize as based in fact or even accurate analysis of the Bible (the Rapture idea only really had any notion of memesis as a concept from Darby in the early 19th century, but there's also an idea that's held by other Christian groups that's less grandiose and is more a general idea connecting to the 1 Thessalonians 4 verse

And looking even briefly at the Wikipedia article tells me that the idea of the rapture and related ideas is so fragmented, I'd sooner believe aliens were involved than even start to consider the positions of a religion so divided amongst itself the idea of a true believer is beyond laughable, it's absurd

• Winner
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The problem is the vernacular understanding of Rapture versus something that really doesn't need to be called Rapture in the first place so there isn't this confusion. Just say the Second Coming of Christ or something of that nature, not the ideas that are still propagated and easily confused as something most Christians believe in, when it's likely not considered even based in good textual analysis and is irrelevant overall in the broader eschatological debate

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0