United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Hi again mmk,
Are you aware of what goes on in an ants mind, (thats pretty impressive lol) they also have special feet which can cling to walls as do most insects. anyway, please have another look into FE and try to challenge your preconceived notions as we have been sold a lie regarding the true cosmology of this world. Also, its worth having a look at NASA as they are lying to us big time.

Anyway, thank you for talking to me and being civil,

You are asking me to believe that born again Christian astronauts, go to their deaths, lying. Not only that, but that NASA and Russia, and every country that has sent up ships and satellites are all working together to lie. We don't work together on anything. You're asking me to disregard the fact that I have flown in airplanes and can see a curved horizon out the window -- and to disregard the fact that every other planet out there is a sphere and as I said, that even the shadow of the earth on the moon is round.
Now why on earth would I disregard what I can see for myself to believe what some people can't see?? No, thanks. The only lie being believed is the one that your buying into.

Upvote 0

Dither

May 10, 2017
Gold Coast
✟18,511.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am not asking you to believe, I am asking you to research, and regarding the born again Astronauts, have you seen their reactions when asked to swear on the bible that they went to the moon? Have you seen the air bubbles captured in the lunar pools that they use for space walks, how about the cgi and the fact that we dont have any pictures of the earth, and the lack of stars in the space footage, and the wires that are used in the live feeds and the vomit comet footage that cuts out every 35 seconds.
If you want a place to start please watch "a funny thing happened on the way to the moon" and also remember, I cannot force you to believe, you need to do the research for yourself and there is much more out there than just NASA's lies. Remember also, you have been programmed to believe this since you were a child. The ball earth lie allows evolution and nihilism to thrive by removing God from the cosmology.

Please research flat earth :)

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Please research flat earth :)

I am a retired scientist. I have researched flat earth cosmology and found it wrong on so many levels that I totally reject it.

• Winner
Reactions: Ajflyguy7
Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do they believe that the earth is a flat circle--why do they not believe that the earth must be either a rectangle or square? They believe it's a flat circle because the bible says it is a circle---but the bible talks about the 4 corners of the earth, many times---there are no corners in a circle so therefore the earth must be some other form than a circle--there have to be 4 corners --square or rectangle. Maybe someone can figure out how to have a square or rectangle and a circle together.
You mean the same four corners of the earth that is used as a figurative expression to signify God gathering His people from every last part of the world? Seriously, learn to distinguish what is literal in the Bible versus what is intended to be poetic/figurative/symbolic language, because otherwise, you'll start making even more incorrect interpretations of passages.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
You mean the same four corners of the earth that is used as a figurative expression to signify God gathering His people from every last part of the world? Seriously, learn to distinguish what is literal in the Bible versus what is intended to be poetic/figurative/symbolic language, because otherwise, you'll start making even more incorrect interpretations of passages.

The "four corners" certainly are used figuratively today. That was not always the case. Some Bible verses refer to the understanding of the Sumerians of a flat earth circular in shape. On the other hand some other verses refer to the understanding of the Babylonians of a flat earth with four corners. Still other verses say that the earth is support by pillars.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

I was being sarcastic---I know what it means.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 40.22 even speaks of 'the circle of the earth'. :)

Reactions: SistrNChrist
Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was being sarcastic---I know what it means.
Sorry for not distinguishing your sarcasm, because sometimes people post that same argument and they are serious about it, and it's sometimes hard for me to tell on here what is meant to be sarcastic versus what is meant to be serious.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And other verses speak of the corners of the earth and still others of the pillars that hold it up.
So your point is really that this figurative language of the Bible which you cite, is intended as factual, despite the existence of Isaiah 40.22? I don't follow this logic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry for not distinguishing your sarcasm, because sometimes people post that same argument and they are serious about it, and it's sometimes hard for me to tell on here what is meant to be sarcastic versus what is meant to be serious.

I'm usually more obvious!

Upvote 0

Dither

May 10, 2017
Gold Coast
✟18,511.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
We now understand it as figurative but they understood it as literal. Our perspective has changed.

Its true, our perspective has changed.
We have chosen to believe in a false cosmology which effectively removes God and replaces the Almighty with godless scientism. From then on its been a slow decline away from the truth with the introduction of evolution and other godless concepts all brought about by our so called arrogance and pride. Who among you now will make yourselves foolish and stand up for the true cosmology as described in Gods word. You would rather mock and laugh and give no thought to the fact that you are actually mocking God's Creation and the revelation of truth in the Holy Scriptures. Space is a lie, there is a heaven above and a hell beneath, the bible is literally real and the world is trapped in an illusion of scientism.

Please visit the Celebrate Truth 24 webcast and learn the true cosmology of our world and also how NASA has been lying to you. There is too much evidence now if you would only open your eyes.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Its true, our perspective has changed.
We have chosen to believe in a false cosmology which effectively removes God and replaces the Almighty with godless scientism. From then on its been a slow decline away from the truth with the introduction of evolution and other godless concepts all brought about by our so called arrogance and pride. Who among you now will make yourselves foolish and stand up for the true cosmology as described in Gods word. You would rather mock and laugh and give no thought to the fact that you are actually mocking God's Creation and the revelation of truth in the Holy Scriptures. Space is a lie, there is a heaven above and a hell beneath, the bible is literally real and the world is trapped in an illusion of scientism.

Please visit the Celebrate Truth 24 webcast and learn the true cosmology of our world and also how NASA has been lying to you. There is too much evidence now if you would only open your eyes.

I am a retired scientist, mathematician and educator, I have been a Christian for over seventy years. What qualifications do you have to instruct me in reality?

• Agree
Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0