The flat earth

ray88c

Jun 18, 2015
✟7,649.00
Keeping in mind that Bible was a word of God ,which was later altered in many places by man.
Rgds

The bible was "A" word of God? Either it is the Word of God or it isn't... I believe the bible is inerrant, and a scientifically accurate book. There is something to be said erroneous interpretation, but the scientific community has some outrageous interpretations of the facts... For example you can see farther that the ball earth model predicts, thus they attribute that to refraction. Talk about a despite attempt to save a pathetic lie.

Upvote 0

Mona Bilal

Jun 1, 2013
✟7,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Im not talking about scientific facts.
Theres no doubt that BIble was reve@led to prophet jesus, but then later over the time, ideas and thoughts were added to it by the saints.
Btw, if you have read bible,A to z.
You would realize that its not ""inerrant"."
im a student of comparative religion and trust me i discovered that long ago.

Upvote 0

ray88c

Jun 18, 2015
✟7,649.00
Oh, please show me where the error(s) are in the bible. Jesus never claimed to be a prophet, He claimed to be the son of God. He claimed equality with God, which the Jews saw as blasphemy. So they killed Him. You have three options;
1) Jesus was crazy
2) Jesus was evil
3) Jesus is who He claims to be

Where did you learn to compare religions? What faith are you?

Upvote 0

John The Recorder Player

Jun 9, 2015
Somewhere in the Midwest.
✟7,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello friends Im Jerry. I read recently a theory that the Earth is not a globe like they tell us but is flat. There seems to be proof in the Bible too. Isaiah 40:22, Genesis 10-11, Proverbs 8:27, Ezekiel 5:5, and others
I believe the Bible is right in everything, and it seems to me to say that the Earth is flat. Im not against science but when it goes against God's truth I am. There seems to be science to back up a flat Earth too. Google 'Flat Earth Society'.
I dont know much about the specific math stuff but it seems legit.
Also, Ive realized Jesus surely didnt think the Earth was round. I have never heard of our Lord being wrong in anything so could he be wrong in this? I dont know. Its making me have to decide between my strong commitment to the Bible's word but also to what science tells us. Obviously theyve been wrong before (evolution, etc.) but this is big. I don't know

What does everyone else think?

Thank you for listening and God Bless :priest:

Jerry
:pray:
Just a question since I am a guest here. If the world is flat (I kind of think you aren't really serious) why can one fly both east and west and end up at the same location.

Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well, I've personally seen the curvature of the earth, so I can't say its flat.
As for the 4 corners of the earth, I've had many maps of portions of the earth. They have all had 4 corners, but that says nothing about the earth being flat.

Upvote 0

OliviaMay

Jul 16, 2015
✟1,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I've personally seen the curvature of the earth, so I can't say its flat.
As for the 4 corners of the earth, I've had many maps of portions of the earth. They have all had 4 corners, but that says nothing about the earth being flat.

Maps are flat and square so has corners. Find the corners on a globe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AnnetteAA

Jan 13, 2016
Milwaukee,WI
✟7,615.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hello friends Im Jerry. I read recently a theory that the Earth is not a globe like they tell us but is flat. There seems to be proof in the Bible too. Isaiah 40:22, Genesis 10-11, Proverbs 8:27, Ezekiel 5:5, and others
I believe the Bible is right in everything, and it seems to me to say that the Earth is flat. Im not against science but when it goes against God's truth I am. There seems to be science to back up a flat Earth too. Google 'Flat Earth Society'.
Also, Ive realized Jesus surely didnt think the Earth was round. I have never heard of our Lord being wrong in anything so could he be wrong in this? I dont know. Its making me have to decide between my strong commitment to the Bible's word but also to what science tells us. Obviously theyve been wrong before (evolution, etc.) but this is big. I don't know

Jerry

You are absolutely correct!!

It is possible to see the sun never set for days, simply rising and falling
every 12 hours. If the earth were actually a spinning globe, revolving
around the sun, the only place such a phenomenon could be
seen would be at the pole. Any other vantage point from 89 degrees
latitude downwards could never, regardless of any tilt or inclination
see the sun for 24 hours straight. To see the sun for an entire revolution
on a spinning globe at a point other then the pole you would have to be
looking through miles and miles of land and sea for part of the revolution.
The midnight sun is visible in Northern latitudes during Arctic summer,
because the sun, at its inner most cycle , is circling tightly enough
around the polar center that it remains visible above the horizon
for someone at such a vantage point. Likewise, in extreme southern
latitudes during Arctic summer, the sun completely disappears
from view for over two months because there at the Northern Tropic,
at the inner most arc of its boomerang journey, the sun is circling the northern
center too tightly to be seen from the southern circumference.

If the earth were actually a ball spinning daily with uniform speed
around the sun, there should be equal 12 hour days and 12 hour nights
all year round. A great variety in lengths of day and night throughout
the year at differing latitudes on earth testifies to the fact that we
do not live on a spinning ball-planet.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
You are absolutely correct!!

It is possible to see the sun never set for days, simply rising and falling
every 12 hours. If the earth were actually a spinning globe, revolving
around the sun, the only place such a phenomenon could be
seen would be at the pole. Any other vantage point from 89 degrees
latitude downwards could never, regardless of any tilt or inclination
see the sun for 24 hours straight. To see the sun for an entire revolution
on a spinning globe at a point other then the pole you would have to be
looking through miles and miles of land and sea for part of the revolution.
The midnight sun is visible in Northern latitudes during Arctic summer,
because the sun, at its inner most cycle , is circling tightly enough
around the polar center that it remains visible above the horizon
for someone at such a vantage point. Likewise, in extreme southern
latitudes during Arctic summer, the sun completely disappears
from view for over two months because there at the Northern Tropic,
at the inner most arc of its boomerang journey, the sun is circling the northern
center too tightly to be seen from the southern circumference.

all year round. A great variety in lengths of day and night throughout
the year at differing latitudes on earth testifies to the fact that we
do not live on a spinning ball-planet.

Don't feel bad, as we're all ignorant about some things. Please watch this video as often as you need to.

You're welcome!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnnetteAA

Jan 13, 2016
Milwaukee,WI
✟7,615.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
One more thing Jerry,

Gravity doesn't work because::::::::::

Objects near the "equator" will experience increased weight with increased mass. (Weight increases with mass, even
at the "equator".

Objects near the "equator" will weigh slightly more at the "north pole". The difference of weight at the two locations
is adequately accounted for by the difference in barometric pressure.

People who parrot physicists will assert these two points are wrong or erroneous or the conclusions are off base.
These two points are legitimate and conclusively prove that gravity is a complete fallacy.

We all understand that a more massive object will weigh more from the ground in reality. For control, lets consider this fact
for an observer at the equator; according to globe earth physics an observer at the equator will be spinning around the
center of the axis of the world located near the north and south poles at 1,037 and a half mph at the equator on the face of the earth.
Now, lets not rush past this number as its extremely significant. Physicist's will argue this speed isn't that fast
in relation to the mass of the supposedly spinning earth. ?That may be "true", but what about in relation to
you, the observer? Is 1,037 and a half mph fast in human terms? Well, it most certainly is... that's over 17 miles per minute.
The average air flight only goes up to 500 miles per hour. So, the earth supposedly spins double that speed and then
some near the equator on the face of the earth. We can all relate to the speed of sound.

If you ever yelled at a friend from field goal to field goal on a football field, you'll notice the sound takes just an instant to reach
your ear from that distance. (soundwaves travel at 767mph, the face of the earth travels 1037.5mph near the equator)
So, if you raise your hand when you shout... the person on the other end of the football field will see you raise your
hand just an instant before they hear your voice. So, sound travels around 767mph which is only about 3/4 of the speed
as the supposed spin of the globe. I won't even begin in getting into orbital speeds... which dwarf the supposed speed of
rotational motion, but just considering the speed of the globe alone near the equator is supposedly faster then the
speed of sound... It is pretty daunting to consider. So, even if 1037.5mph isn't very fast in terms of the earth itself, theoretically
of course, that velocity is simply mind blowing in human terms. And we have only just created vehicles which can break
that speed or break the sound barrier. Now, keep in mind the fixed frame of reference, near the equator is supposedly
faster then sound!! ok. Let's now consider the Centrifugal force involved with the body as massive as earth with a
axis of rotation of nearly 4,000 miles spinning near the equator at a rate which exceeds the speed of sound. Now,
a couple ways to demonstrate Centripetal force generated by rotational motion are as follows:

Take a weight on a string and spin it around or the Gravitron at the fair.

*Balance can be described as two opposing forces in equal and opposite harmony with one another. You must have this sort of
balance in order for the spinning globe and gravity to work in "theory".

So, take a weight and tie it to the end of a string and then spin it, you will feel the outward pull of the weight increase as
you increase the speed. The faster you spin the string, the more outward or Centripetal force generated by that weight.
Furthermore, if you increase the mass of the weight at the end of the string, a higher amount of centripetal force
would be generated then a smaller object rotating at that same speed on that string. There is a direct relationship
between speed or acceleration speed of rotation and the mass of the object attached.
Another big factor is the radius of curvature. In this example with the string, the radius of curvature would be the exact length of
the string. As the radius increased so would the speed of the object towards the curve. So, in other words, even if
you have a low rotations per minute, low rpms, as the radius of curvature increase, so to is the speed of rotation towards the edge of the curve.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
all year round.
ONLY if the axis of rotation was exactly perpendicular to the plane of orbit. As it is, we have a 23° tip to the axis; which accounts for this:
A great variety in lengths of day and night throughout
the year at differing latitudes on earth

• Agree
Reactions: tansy
Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Jerry
Trust me its rather round in shape.

Upvote 0