US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It doesn’t say where he got it. We can speculate, though.

Well considering that the Book of Enoch provides the only known match; and Jude specifically mentions Enoch; I would call that a match.

When Yahshua and the Apostles quote scripture found in the TaNaK; we can also speculate that they were quoting the TaNaK.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well considering that the Book of Enoch provides the only known match; and Jude specifically mentions Enoch; I would call that a match.
Yes, And the book was familiar enough, having been around for a while, to be included in the Dead Sea scrolls so it must have had some merit. Whether is was in the canon or not does not negate it as a book of reference which it obviously was.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When Yahshua and the Apostles quote scripture found in the TaNaK; we can also speculate that they were quoting the TaNaK.
it’s similar, but not a match.

We don’t need to speculate about that, because to Messiah, Scripture was only the Tanach. The Tanach did not have the book of Enoch in it in their days.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Yes, And the book was familiar enough, having been around for a while, to be included in the Dead Sea scrolls so it must have had some merit. Whether is was in the canon or not does not negate it as a book of reference which it obviously was.

The Canon? As if there is only one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
it’s similar, but not a match.

Much of what Yahshua and the Apostles quoted was similar, but not an exact match, of what texts that were used to give us our modern translations.

We know that there were variances of the TaNaK in the time of Yahshua. We also know that there were different traditions, and disagreement at that time concerning what books were scripture. When Yahshua was asked a question by a Sadducee; his response was that he wasn't acquainted with scripture. The Sadducees rejected Enoch; however Yahshua went on to provide this Sadducee with information that we can find nowhere but in the Book of Enoch. We know that the Book of Enoch was held with high regard by those at Qumran; and the evidence strongly points to the inhabitants of Qumran to be the rightful Priesthood at that time.

We don’t need to speculate about that, because to Messiah, Scripture was only the Tanach.

Jude calls Enoch a prophet. That would fall under Nevi'im

The Tanach did not have the book of Enoch in it in their days.

Nevi'im is the N in TaNaK.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Canon? As if there is only one?

what is your view on what happens after we die? Do you think we are dead and unconscious, or that our souls depart from our body and go to heaven/paradise?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
what is your view on what happens after we die? Do you think we are dead and unconscious, or that our souls depart from our body and go to heaven/paradise?

I believe that some sleep; and that some are with Yahshua and the Father.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't call the nephilim angels.

all righty then ;o)

some do believe the Nephillim were angels ... angel/human hybrids

The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the angel-human hybrids called Nephilim.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
all righty then ;o)

some do believe the Nephillim were angels ... angel/human hybrids

The first part of the Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the angel-human hybrids called Nephilim.

Human/angel hybrids wouldn't be angels. They would be human/angel hybrids.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Human/angel hybrids wouldn't be angels. They would be human/angel hybrids.

I'm not buying the angel/hybrid theory .... besides that book of Enoch does not harmonize with other scripture very well.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
I'm not buying the angel/hybrid theory .... besides that book of Enoch does not harmonize with other scripture very well.
Sounds like a study into Nephilim would do a lot of good in getting the picture.

Upvote 0