US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's from the Masoretic text, which is in no way modern. I don't know whose teachings you've been copying-and-pasting, but you're off base.

The Masoretic text was written roughly 1000 years after the Diaspora. That's a considerable amount of time for a changing language to change. That's exactly what it did.

"Yeshua (יֵשׁ֨וּעַ)". Please, stop making up names.

You might want to study Ancient Hebrew before you start hurling false accusations. לשון הרע

alphabetchart.gif

Hebrew Alphabet Chart | AHRC

The subject of this thread is not Hebrew phonetics.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Some of the contradictions that invalidate it as being inspired are:

Enoch is the messianic Son of Man figure that is revealed throughout the book - Enoch 71:16-17
The Ancient of days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, with thousands of thou- sands, and myriads and myriads, which could not be numbered.

Then that angel came to me, and with his voice saluted me, saying, You are the Son of man, who art born for righteousness, and righteousness has rested upon you.

It says that angels built the ark in 1 Enoch 67:2. Noah built the ark according to the Torah & the NT.
And now, the Angels are making a wooden structure, and when the Angels come out from that task, I will put My Hand on it, and keep it safe, and from it will come the seed of life. And a change shall take place so that the dry ground may not remain empty

It also calls the tree of the knowledge of good and evil “the tree of wisdom”

32:6
And the Holy Angel Raphael, who was with me, answered me and said to me: "This is the Tree of Wisdom, from which your old father, and aged mother, who were before you, ate and learnt wisdom; and their eyes were opened, and they knew that they were naked. And they were driven from the garden."

Upvote 0

GedaliahMaegil

Messianic Ger Toshav - not christian
Jun 19, 2020
California
Visit site
✟71,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Masoretic text was written roughly 1000 years after the Diaspora. That's a considerable amount of time for a changing language to change. That's exactly what it did.

You might want to study Ancient Hebrew before you start hurling false accusations. לשון הרע

Hebrew Alphabet Chart | AHRC

The subject of this thread is not Hebrew phonetics.

Hebrew roots resources don't impress me. Your continued use of them is telling.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Some of the contradictions that invalidate it as being inspired are:

Enoch is the messianic Son of Man figure that is revealed throughout the book - Enoch 71:16-17

First, let's back up a little bit to provide some more context to this passage.

Enoch 71:10

And with them the Head of Days,
His head white and pure as wool,
And His raiment indescribable.

This sounds familiar.

(CLV) Re 1:14
Now His head and hair are white as white wool, as snow, and His eyes as a flame of fire,

I believe this is talking about Messiah. Verse 18 cinches it for me.

(CLV) Re 1:18
and the Living One: and I became dead, and lo! living am I for the eons of the eons. (Amen!) And I have the keys of death and of the unseen.

I believe that Revelation is inspired too. I don't believe that John was plagierizing Enoch. I believe that they both saw the same thing.

Enoch 71:13-15

Days. And that Head of Days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, thousands and ten thousands of angels
And he (the angel) came to me (Enoch) and greeted me (Enoch) with His voice, (the angel's) and said (the angel) unto me (Enoch): 'This (The Head of Days, who was in the beginning) is the Son of Man who is born unto righteousness, And righteousness abides over him, And the righteousness of the Head of Days forsakes him not.'
And he (the angel) said unto me (Enoch): 'He (Head of Days) proclaims unto thee (Enoch) peace in the name of the world to come; For from hence has proceeded peace since the creation of the world, And so shall it be unto thee for ever and for ever and ever.

Why anyone would read this as Enoch being the Head of Days, is completely beyond me.

As a side note, Daniel, Ezekiel, and Job, were called son of man. That doesn't make them the Head of Days. Let's not start tearing books out of the Bible.

Tertullian wrote that the Jews rejected this book because it pointed to Yahshua being Messiah.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It says that angels built the ark in 1 Enoch 67:2. Noah built the ark according to the Torah & the NT.

Does it say that the Angels alone built the ark?
Does the rest of scripture say that Noah alone built the ark?

Is there any verse that says that it can't be both?

Presenting these types of alleged contradictions, to discredit scripture, is a tactic that Atheists use to attempt to discredit scripture.

For example:

(CLV) Jn 12:3
Mary, then, taking a pound troy of veritable nard attar, very precious, rubs the feet of Jesus and wipes off His feet with her hair. Now the house was filled with the odor of the attar.

(CLV) Mt 26:7
a woman came to Him having an alabaster vase of attar, very precious, and she pours it down on His head at His lying back at table.

So which is it? Should we toss out these books too; or should we consider that it might be both.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Are conflicting details import or is the fact important people in the Bible referenced Enoch?

American poet John Godfrey Saxe wrote his version of “The Blind Men and the Elephant,” a 2500 year old story, in the mid-nineteenth century.

I.
It was six men of Indostan
To learning much inclined,
Who went to see the Elephant
(Though all of them were blind),
That each by observation
Might satisfy his mind.

II.
The First approached the Elephant,
And happening to fall
Against his broad and sturdy side,
At once began to bawl:
“God bless me! — but the Elephant
Is very like a wall!”

III.
The Second, feeling of the tusk,
Cried: “Ho! — what have we here
So very round and smooth and sharp?
To me ‘t is mighty clear
This wonder of an Elephant
Is very like a spear!”

IV.
The Third approached the animal,
And happening to take
The squirming trunk within his hands,
Thus boldly up and spake:
“I see,” quoth he, “the Elephant
Is very like a snake!”

V.
The Fourth reached out his eager hand,
And felt about the knee.
“What most this wondrous beast is like
Is mighty plain,” quoth he;
“‘T is clear enough the Elephant
Is very like a tree!”

VI.
The Fifth, who chanced to touch the ear,
Said: “E’en the blindest man
Can tell what this resembles most;
Deny the fact who can,
This marvel of an Elephant
Is very like a fan!”

VII.
The Sixth no sooner had begun
About the beast to grope,
Than, seizing on the swinging tail
That fell within his scope,
“I see,” quoth he, “the Elephant
Is very like a rope!”

VIII.
And so these men of Indostan
Disputed loud and long,
Each in his own opinion
Exceeding stiff and strong,
Though each was partly in the right,
And all were in the wrong.

MORAL.
So, oft in theologic wars
The disputants, I ween,
Rail on in utter ignorance
Of what each other mean,
And prate about an Elephant
Not one of them has seen!

The-Blind-Men-and-the-Elephant.png

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It also calls the tree of the knowledge of good and evil “the tree of wisdom”

In this translation it calls it the tree of knowledge:

1821: Then holy Raphael, an angel who was with me, answered and said, This is the tree of knowledge,

Enoch - Book of Enoch Ge'ez Interlinear

This is one translation from one source text, that has passed through at least two languages. I would dig into this more deeply: if wisdom and knowledge weren't almost synonymous.

I think that we're splitting hairs here.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Covered in part 2:

(CLV) Mt 22:29
Now, answering, Jesus said to them, "You are deceived, not being acquainted with the scriptures, nor yet with the power of God.

(CLV) Mt 22:30
For in the resurrection neither are they marrying nor taking in marriage, but are as messengers of God in heaven.

Some will use this as a proof text that angels can't mate. We know that angels can eat. What else can they do? The angels were told not to. They were told not to fornicate with strange flesh. That doesn't mean that they can't.

Yahshua mentioned scripture.

Where in the Torah or the Prophets does it say anything about the angels and their mating abilities?

Let's save some time searching, and go straight to Enoch.

Enoch 15: 5-7

And though ye were holy, spiritual, living the eternal life, you have defiled yourselves with the blood of women, and have begotten (children) with the blood of flesh, and, as the children of men, have lusted after flesh and blood as those also do who die 5 and perish. Therefore have I given them wives also that they might impregnate them, and beget
children by them, that thus nothing might be wanting to them on earth. But you were formerly
spiritual, living the eternal life, and immortal for all generations of the world. And therefore I have not appointed wives for you; for as for the spiritual ones of the heaven, in heaven is their dwelling.

Yahshua calls Enoch scripture.

Strong's Hebrew: 5303. נְפִילִים (Nephilim) -- "giants," name of two peoples, one before the flood and one after the flood

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
giant
Or nphil {nef-eel'}; from naphal; properly, a feller, i.e. A bully or tyrant -- giant.

Mighty men (plural of man) .... not angels
Covered in part 2:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First, let's back up a little bit to provide some more context to this passage.

Enoch 71:10

And with them the Head of Days,
His head white and pure as wool,
And His raiment indescribable.

This sounds familiar.

(CLV) Re 1:14
Now His head and hair are white as white wool, as snow, and His eyes as a flame of fire,

I believe this is talking about Messiah. Verse 18 cinches it for me.

(CLV) Re 1:18
and the Living One: and I became dead, and lo! living am I for the eons of the eons. (Amen!) And I have the keys of death and of the unseen.

I believe that Revelation is inspired too. I don't believe that John was plagierizing Enoch. I believe that they both saw the same thing.

Enoch 71:13-15

Days. And that Head of Days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, thousands and ten thousands of angels
And he (the angel) came to me (Enoch) and greeted me (Enoch) with His voice, (the angel's) and said (the angel) unto me (Enoch): 'This (The Head of Days, who was in the beginning) is the Son of Man who is born unto righteousness, And righteousness abides over him, And the righteousness of the Head of Days forsakes him not.'
And he (the angel) said unto me (Enoch): 'He (Head of Days) proclaims unto thee (Enoch) peace in the name of the world to come; For from hence has proceeded peace since the creation of the world, And so shall it be unto thee for ever and for ever and ever.

Why anyone would read this as Enoch being the Head of Days, is completely beyond me.

As a side note, Daniel, Ezekiel, and Job, were called son of man. That doesn't make them the Head of Days. Let's not start tearing books out of the Bible.

Tertullian wrote that the Jews rejected this book because it pointed to Yahshua being Messiah.

“Head of Days” is not a term used in the Scriptures, although the term “Ancient of Days” appears in Daniel

Daniel 7:9-10
I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

The Messiah is not the Ancient of Days, as evident here:

Daniel 7:13
I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of Man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of Days, and they brought him near before him.

there is obviously a distinction made, as the Son of Man(Messiah) is brought to the Ancient of Days.

I don’t read it as “Enoch” being the “Head of Days”.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are conflicting details import or is the fact important people in the Bible referenced Enoch?
Conflicting details ARE important, because we shouldn’t view something as inspired, or from God, if it contradicts what God says.

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does it say that the Angels alone built the ark?
Does the rest of scripture say that Noah alone built the ark?

Is there any verse that says that it can't be both?

Presenting these types of alleged contradictions, to discredit scripture, is a tactic that Atheists use to attempt to discredit scripture.

For example:

(CLV) Jn 12:3
Mary, then, taking a pound troy of veritable nard attar, very precious, rubs the feet of Jesus and wipes off His feet with her hair. Now the house was filled with the odor of the attar.

(CLV) Mt 26:7
a woman came to Him having an alabaster vase of attar, very precious, and she pours it down on His head at His lying back at table.

So which is it? Should we toss out these books too; or should we consider that it might be both.

Yes, the book of Hebrews says that Noah built the ark:

Hebrews 11:7
By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

As it written in the Torah, by the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses shall a matter be established.

Genesis 6:14-16
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch.

And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall bethree hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.

A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

where are the witnesses for angels building the ark?

she annointed his head and washed his feet. Where’s the contradiction?

that’s not the same as “Noah built the ark” and “angels built the ark”. There

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In this translation it calls it the tree of knowledge:

1821: Then holy Raphael, an angel who was with me, answered and said, This is the tree of knowledge,

Enoch - Book of Enoch Ge'ez Interlinear

This is one translation from one source text, that has passed through at least two languages. I would dig into this more deeply: if wisdom and knowledge weren't almost synonymous.

I think that we're splitting hairs here.
The majority of translations I’ve found say “the tree of wisdom”.

sounds very esoteric and Masonic to me. They believe the serpent was trying to help us and enlighten us, and that God was trying to withhold information from us.

The “book of Enoch” is demonic. I burned my copy of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Conflicting details ARE important, because we shouldn’t view something as inspired, or from God, if it contradicts what God says.
Then why did these important people quote Enoch? Were they less discerning than you?

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0