United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Two wrongs do not make a right.

Two men getting married is wrong. No matter what comes next that foundational fact does not change.

And embarrassing a young boy in class is wrong. If. You have read the thread you know that I have said that If the teacher was going to say anything it should have been to the parents in a parent teacher conference.

These men adopted this little boy and gave him a family. A great many Christians wouldn’t see anything wrong with this boy having two dads rather than spending his life in foster care.

Birds of a feather flock together.

And this means what?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I used to have a maths teacher, who I didn't like much. I thought he was arrogant.

I also suspect he had a bit to say behind my back, but I don't have proof.

I remember him more or less boasting in class about "disciplining" one young bloke who lived with his father in a shack with a dirt floor, somewhere in NSW, about how he really put him in his place.

Whereas what he needed was encouragement. I have a suspicion the young bloke committed suicide.

Some teachers can do a lot of damage.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
holding a bible when abusing a child doesn't change the fact that it is abuse

Hello Quartermaine. The bible does not list correction as abuse. But I think it was the authorities that put the child inside the quandary he found himself in. Masquerading as an angel of light the enemy often tries to conceal malevolence up inside an apparently laudable wrapping. But from your point of view all is well, a Christian lady has lost her livelihood and others have been deterred from speaking out against the current zeitgeist. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Lest we allow the actions of this one person to taint our view of teachers in general, it probably should be noted the person in question was a substitute teacher according to the article. I'm unfamiliar with Utah licensing regulations, but in my state one does not have to have a 4-year degree to get a substitute license, and educational studies in teaching are not required. Two years of college in any field of study gets you a license. So perhaps a non-professional was acting unprofessionally in this instance?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello Quartermaine. The bible does not list correction as abuse. But I think it was the authorities that put the child inside the quandary he found himself in. Masquerading as an angel of light the enemy often tries to conceal malevolence up inside an apparently laudable wrapping. But from your point of view all is well, a Christian lady has lost her livelihood and others have been deterred from speaking out against the current zeitgeist. God Bless :)

Yes, publicly embarrassing a child is abuse. This teacher deserved to be shown the door.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What about the officials that placed him in that particular household?
They found a home for a boy who had been in foster care for some time. Nothing wrong with what they did. He loved his two dads and they loved him.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Quartermaine
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
telling a child his family isn't a family and he should be ashamed for being happy is abuse no matter how many bibles you are holding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Kids go to school to be educated and that is what happened. This confused boy thinks the family unit does not consist of a mother and so the teacher corrected that. Teacher also said two men living together is sin and it is. It is a shameful thing to be a homosexual and so this lady just called them out. If the boy is mentally unstable it's probably because he has two reprobates as guardians rather than a father and a mother. It is a horrible situation for a child to be in with the homosexuals and the teacher does not want to share responsibility by pretending it is a normal situation, it is an abnormal situation.

• Agree
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Kids go to school to be educated and that is what happened. This confused boy thinks the family unit does not consist of a mother and so the teacher corrected that. Teacher also said two men living together is sin and it is. It is a shameful thing to be a homosexual and so this lady just called them out. If the boy is mentally unstable it's probably because he has two reprobates as guardians rather than a father and a mother. It is a horrible situation for a child to be in with the homosexuals and the teacher does not want to share responsibility by pretending it is a normal situation, it is an abnormal situation.
I hope you are not a school principal. Showing this teacher the door was the best thing this principal could have done.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Archivist.

Many Christians would not agree that this child having two dads is a “devilish lie.”

And? If 'Christians' are advocating something that is against the clear teachings of the bible and the apostles maybe they should take a long hard look at themselves.

This child had been in foster care for years before these men adopted him.

I'm sad for the child being in foster care and for his hard life and I'm sad he was dropped into a no-win situation. The officials who dropped him into this situation have a lot to answer for.

In any event this was a public school.

Truth is truth in every school. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If 'Christians' are advocating something that is against the clear teachings of the bible and the apostles maybe they should take a long hard look at themselves.

Which is why I have said many times in this thread that the teacher should have spoken with the parents in a parent teacher conference, not embarrassed the child in front of his classmates. Fortunately the other students saw how evil this teacher was and went to the principal.

I'm sad for the child being in foster care and for his hard life and I'm sad he was dropped into a no-win situation. The officials who dropped him into this situation have a lot to answer for.

Actually it sounds like he is in a good situation now. He has two parents who love him.

Truth is truth in every school.

Yes, and the truth here was that this woman had no business being a teacher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They don't impose their values on others.

Hello. What you don't seem to realise is that this teacher was not imposing her values onto others. She was explaining God's values, the values of the creator to the creation. There's no debate about the subject matter, you're condoning the promotion of S I N .

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello. What you don't seem to realise is that this teacher was not imposing her values onto others. She was explaining God's values, the values of the creator to the creation. There's no debate about the subject matter, you're condoning the promotion of S I N .
So if the teacher was Muslim, you wouldn’t have a problem with her telling the class that they should never eat pork. After all, she would just be telling the class her beliefs.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So if the teacher was Muslim, you wouldn’t have a problem with her telling the class that they should never eat pork. After all, she would just be telling the class her beliefs.

I don't care about personal beliefs I'm talking about TRUTH! God Bless :)

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟962,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

It was not her place to do so.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.