Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
whether it was abuse or not depends on how she said it. If an yelled at him, belittled him etc then that is wicked. If she told the truth in a kind way then that is fine. Though ideally she should have confronted the parents who were sinning not the child who committed no sin here.
Belittling is OK if it's done with a smile?

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello wrappedup. I think the good thing about the teacher telling the whole class was that they ALL heard the truth, a truth that is often denied them. One day maybe this dear lady's words will come back to their remembrance.

As for abuse. I am reminded of the Lord Jesus making a whip out of chords and beating the moneychangers, overturning their tables. Some on this thread can maybe give our Lord a lecture on being loving and gentle.

A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool. Proverbs 17:10.

The teacher gave a rebuke and rightly so. God Bless :)
and the teacher was rebuked for her abusive behavior

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not in a same sex partnership, so no child of mine would have to be corrected for telling the class he has two daddies.
I didn't say anything about you or what ever relationship you are or are not in.

I asked how you would respond if a teacher told your child that he needs to be ashamed of you, that you weren't married and that you were not a family.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No hate here.
if the child had interracial parents and the teacher attacked his family it would be called hate

if the child had Jewish parents and the teacher attacked his family it would be called hate

if the child had a handicapped parent and the teacher belittled his family it would be called hate

the fact that the child's family is headed by his two dad's doesn't magically change the bigotry directed at them into something loving. It's still hate

and hate is what you are condoning and expressing.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What the teacher did was extremely courageous. It cost her livelihood. She told the truth which is more than you can say.

in reviewing the full story:
A child got told by a teacher that told his family wasn't a family that his family was disgusting and that he should hate his own parents and that his classmates should treat him with hate and contempt because he deserves to be treated that way. The teacher went on to say that she could stop the adoption process and end the child's family sending him back to foster care and that he deserved to grow up alone. And when the principal intervened and tried to remove the teacher from the room she turned to the child, began shouting a string of obscenities and insults at the 11 year old child. She went on to blame the child for her removal referring to the 11 year old as "sick and perverted".

Screaming obscenities at an 11 year old is courageous?

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
And Jesus also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” - Luke 18:9-14

So, which one are you going to be? The tax collector or the Pharisee?

I do aknowledge my need for mercy from God. That does not oblige me to support other peoples sin. Also these homosexuals and the pagan society enabling them have destroyed one of Gods sacred commandments- honour thy father and thy mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
and the teacher was rebuked for her abusive behavior

Jesus rebuked the sinners directly in that case. This didn't happen here. Who should have been rebuked? The parents. Not the child. a child is innocent of its parents sin under the new covenant

Tell me,.when did Jesus ever treat a child harshly or blame them for something not their fault?? Jesus was compassionate to children

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
the teacher's personal prejudices have no place at a parent teacher conference either.
Agreed, but it is better than embarrassing this young boy in front of his classmates.

As I have said since the OP this woman has no business teaching and I’m glad she is out the door.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟777,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The teacher may have had deeply personal religious beliefs, but I don't think she had the slightest clue about the experience the child had to go through.

As a child who went through the care system, I had to wait many many years to find a family to adopt me. At the time, I personally could not have cared whether I had one mum, one dad, two mums, two dads. Living in the children's home, day after day, night after night, I dreamed for the day that I would find someone who would love me, accept me into their family and call me one of their own.

Whatever our views on same sex marriage and same sex adoption, I have to say it takes a particular kind of person to want to raise children, especially those from traumatic backgrounds, and provide them with unconditional love and security. It involves major changes to their day to day lifestyles, as well as financial and other commitments to provide for the child's welfare. I think sometimes that people who adopt do not get enough credit for their determination and commitment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I think what we saw here was self-righteousness. Someone more intent on being right than on doing the right thing. In Acts, Paul is shown as adapting to his audience. Indeed he speaks of this himself in 1 Cor 9:20. Even if you assume that the teacher was right about gay marriage (and she is not), she told the supposed truth in a way that would cause the class to reject it. This was an act of anti-evangelism.

The discussion here has not noted the real good guys in this episode. The victim was going to just take it, but three girls insisted on reporting it.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
In situations like this people inevitably bring up Jesus and the money changers. Jesus used harsh words on occasion. But to my knowledge, he always used them towards leaders abusing their power. His approach to straying sheep was different.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She would consider that to be truth.

There is no need for you to shout.

I'm not shouting, I'm highlighting truth because you don't seem to be understanding it.

Saying that a homosexual relationship same sex marriage is wrong is not something considered to be the truth, it is not an opinion or a religious opinion.

According to the bible it's wrong. This is open and shut.

The officials who placed a child with two men married did a wicked thing. It's not the child's fault but the teacher did right to confront the lie. We should applaud her.

You can waffle on from now until the cows come home, but same sex marriage will still be wrong!

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The boy isn't the one who needs rebuking. He is innocent of his parents sins.

Hello. The education department and the government need rebuking for legalizing sin, the parents need rebuking for living in sin and the child needs rebuking because what he said was wrong.

What the teacher did for the child was a wonderful, loving gift.

It's like seeing a blind man staggering towards an open man hole and screaming at him to stop.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.