Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is what the scripture says and I gave it context. Also observe I never gave a quotation,you never asked for one. Are you familiar with the old testamat?If not I can try and coach if that would be any help?

No,you are wrong.

Originates with a pagan,God rejecting society.

For which an 11 year old boy is responsible???

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Because the little boy didn't do anything wrong.

Well actually he was in error because he claimed in a classroom,where the teacher is authority homosexuality is normal by stating the family unit is not father and mother,this is sin and violates the principles of any God respecting Christian. so actually he did and got a verbal correction.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is what the scripture says and I gave it context. Also observe I never gave a quotation,you never asked for one. Are you familiar with the old testamat?If not I can try and coach if that would be any help?

No, I wouldn't want your coaching. The fact is that God didn't tell Moses what you said. Don't try to tell me that you were just putting it in context.

No,you are wrong.

No, I'm right. Ezekiel said what he said. You are the one who is dismissing it.

Originates with a pagan,God rejecting society.

Christmas and Easter both have pagan roots. Does God reject those who celebrate those days.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well actually he was in error because he claimed in a classroom,where the teacher is authority homosexuality is normal by stating the family unit is not father and mother,this is sin and violates the principles of any God respecting Christian. so actually he did and got a verbal correction.

Except the teacher was the one who was shown the door, so she apparently violated her "authority."

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
Can I get some classification on forum rules please.

Someone claimed homosexuals can be christian and without starting a whole new topic is that allowed and believed here in the rules? Also is it allowed to deny that homosexuals can be Christians? I would have thought the two are diametrically opposed.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ok but she could have corrected his mistake by saying "well the Bible doesn't agree with you" and told him why? She could have rebuked him without saying he is disgusting. I just think she overreacted that's all?

Did she deserve to lose her job? I don't know. Not if she were having a bad day and was usually not like that maybe. But if this a pattern of behaviour in her part, maybe teaching isn't her gift?

Am not saying this woman should be tarred and feathered.and dragged.through town having rubbish chucked at her. God can forgive her too as He forgives a?l His children when they confess messing up. But I just am saying in my opinion she handled it wrong.

That is my opinion. I believe in it strongly but at same time it is just my opinion. Not holy writ or a government mandate even. Just the opinions of an ordinary ex-bisexual who has had Jesus revealed to her and got to know Him as a loving Abba who rebukes in tender love. Not using harsh words.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Someone claimed homosexuals can be christian and without starting a whole new topic is that allowed and believed here in the rules? Also is it allowed to deny that homosexuals can be Christians? I would have thought the two are diametrically opposed.

Who stated that??? No one has stated homosexuality is ok.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did they?? I must have missed it.

I described my friends as Christians because I believe they have been born again but have fallen into a deception and need to.repent. Am sorry if I caused confusion by using the wrong terminology.

I would be cautious to say whether they are still in the lambs book of life or not, because I am not God and as I said upthread, my only responsibility is to share the gospel and warm any sister or brother in my church who is sinning and pray for them. As they pray for me when I fall into sin.

I am not better than anyone else. I am only qualified for heaven because of Jesus making me righteous through His blood and my reliance.on that alone to qualify me... If I were to turn away and trash that in would be castaway in my faith like Paul warned about.

I am not worse than my friends or better than my friends. It those gay dads. Am forgiven. It doesn't give me a pass to pronounce saved or unsaved on someone when only God knows all the facts.

Upvote 0

All Glory To God

Aug 13, 2020
U. K.
✟69,537.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
No, I wouldn't want your coaching. The fact is that God didn't tell Moses what you said. Don't try to tell me that you were just putting it in context.

If you don't know that that lev 20:13 was the punishment for homosexuals you need coaching from someone. Yeah I don't think I would want to coach you either from the things I am seeing in this thread.

No, I'm right. Ezekiel said what he said. You are the one who is dismissing it.

There is a explanation to Ezekiel and it is not how you are explaining it,I will find it later.

Christmas and Easter both have pagan roots. Does God reject those who celebrate those days.

I think this is just disrespectful to the faith in general. Passover was what the modern day pagans are trying to claim Christianity stole from them but this is distinctly Jewish and goes back to blood scarifies and Moses in Egypt and Christmas is the celebration of the birth lord Jesus Christ. no one knows what day Jesus was born because the Bible doesn't say,I have heard it said the church picked a day that would help integrate the European pagans as the 25th of December because this was a day of celebration for them and so uniting the celebrations on the same day would stop fighting,pagans losing their original heritage although I can't verify that this is actually a pagan festival.

Why would you say Christianity has pagan roots? Maybe the Roman catholic church and Lutherans, the catholic-sugar free see this as their history and identity but the the serious Christians would never,ever associate themselves with this false accusation that they are pagan. Shame on you for that.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

As OP I would say that debate of the issue of homosexuality and whether a homosexual can be Christian is out of place. The issue is what the teacher said to this young boy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As OP I would say that debate of the issue of homosexuality is out of place. The issue is what the teacher said to this young boy.

True.

I believe homosexuality is not what God desires for us. And I know that God can change anyone if they ask Him.

But I am a bit disturbed that although homosexuality, is rightly denounced, being unkind to children (didn't Jesus mention something about millstones round necks?) Isn't seen as that big a deal?

it isn't even just about what happened to this poor boy but having been someone who grew up having God portrayed to them as angry and punishing all the time either that or indifferent and rejecting and cold, and the effects of that which am trying to heal from, I am perturbed that so many of us are still caught up in this idea that God is going to send a child to hell because he hasn't renounced his gay parents???

I know no one has said as much on this thread, that t his boys soul is in danger for not agreeing his parents lifestyle is wicked, but it seems to have been implied??

An 11 year old boy deserves God's wrath not because He himself is in a gay couple but because he has been grateful to live in a safe home? Or what he perceives as a good home? Does God expect a child to have all their theology sorted and to not make a mistake? Yes the boy probably should not have said what he said but comparing it to a wilful sin like sodomy is a bit over the top, don't you think?

I really don't think God treats mistakes the sa me as wilful sin? The boy did not say, as far as we know, "God i thank you that my new parents are gays!". He was probably not thinking of their sexuality at all. We don't even know if this boy was saved or from a christian background??? We are only held responsible before the L Ord for what we KNOW. He may not have known LGBT is wrong.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because if God really demands perfection from us rather than a gradual transformation into His likeness then we might as well.all give up. No one will be in Heaven except.God and the angels

As Christian adults we will be held accountable for way more than a possibly unbelieving child Will be. Maybe we need to take logs out of our own eyes so we can see clearly

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you don't know that that lev 20:13 was the punishment for homosexuals you need coaching from someone. Yeah I don't think I would want to coach you either from the things I am seeing in this thread.

No, you said that God told Moses something that He in fact did not say.

There is a explanation to Ezekiel and it is not how you are explaining it,I will find it later.

What I quoted was directly from the Bible.

I think this is just disrespectful to the faith in general. Passover was what the modern day pagans are trying to claim Christianity stole from them but this is distinctly Jewish and goes back to blood scarifies and Moses in Egypt and Christmas is the celebration of the birth lord Jesus Christ. no one knows what day Jesus was born because the Bible doesn't say,I have heard it said the church picked a day that would help integrate the European pagans as the 25th of December because this was a day of celebration for them and so uniting the celebrations on the same day would stop fighting,pagans losing their original heritage although I can't verify that this is actually a pagan festival.

Nothing disrespectful at all. Easter and Christmas both have pagan roots. Easter was the Day of Fortuna for the Romans. Christmas was when the Romans celebrated the Birth of Mithras.

Why would you say Christianity has pagan roots?

Now you are lying because I never said that Christianity had pagan roots.

Maybe the Roman catholic church and Lutherans, the catholic-sugar free see this as their history and identity but the the serious Christians would never,ever associate themselves with this false accusation that they are pagan.

So now you start attacking fellow Christians.

Shame on you for that.

No, shame on you because I never said that Christianity had pagan roots. False claim on your part.

Upvote 0

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
School isn't the place for preaching on your personal beliefs.

That's exactly what it is. It's a State run indoctrination center (which ideally only hires people who share personal beliefs with it). Also, a place where pedophiles and degenerates have control of your children more hours of the day than you do. Didn't you get the memo?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.