Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And Jesus also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” - Luke 18:9-14

So, which one are you going to be? The tax collector or the Pharisee?

Excellent response

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, which one are you going to be? The tax collector or the Pharisee?

The comparison is not valid. The tax collector admitted he was a sinner.

A lot of the folks on this thread are condoning/ promoting sin.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But the Pharisee did not. The Pharisee did not even stop to consider his own sin, but declared himself righteous because of his own works.

So the teacher couldn't tell the children the truth about SSM until she had confessed her own sin to the children?

I haven't seen anyone condoning homosexuality.

These men adopted this little boy and gave him a family. A great many Christians wouldn’t see anything wrong with this boy having two dads

In fact, I, and most other posters have acknowledged that homosexuality is a sin.

So it's wrong but not wrong enough to be challenged in class?

We're just pointing out that there is a right way and a wrong way to handle this.

You haven't handled it at all. Society has changed around you. You've remained silent except to villify one brave lady for standing up for the truth. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. - 1 Cor:1-2

Love is telling someone the truth. You must really hate them to hide the truth from them.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's all our places to bear witness to the truth. What she said was true.

Yes but we are to share the truth in love and gentleness. Not shaming. It is Not the child's fault he was placed with gay parents. Therfore the truth needs to be spoken to the parents not the child.

And it is good to thank God for our blessings. It isn't good that this child's parents are gay but it is fine for the child to thank God that his home is safe and that he is fed, clothes, sheltered.and loved. The child isn't saying his parents are perfect! He is being thankful in a less than ideal but still not all that terrible situation. He probably feels a safe for the first time in his life. an 11 year old is not gonna be concerned about sexuality. If the teacher wanted to call out the parent staR they are sinners that is up to her but the child should not be burdened.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Quartermaine. The bible does not list correction as abuse. But I think it was the authorities that put the child inside the quandary he found himself in. Masquerading as an angel of light the enemy often tries to conceal malevolence up inside an apparently laudable wrapping. But from your point of view all is well, a Christian lady has lost her livelihood and others have been deterred from speaking out against the current zeitgeist. God Bless :)

whether it was abuse or not depends on how she said it. If an yelled at him, belittled him etc then that is wicked. If she told the truth in a kind way then that is fine. Though ideally she should have confronted the parents who were sinning not the child who committed no sin here.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
whether it was abuse or not depends on how she said it. If an yelled at him, belittled him etc then that is wicked. If she told the truth in a kind way then that is fine. Though ideally she should have confronted the parents who were sinning not the child who committed no sin here.

Hello wrappedup. I think the good thing about the teacher telling the whole class was that they ALL heard the truth, a truth that is often denied them. One day maybe this dear lady's words will come back to their remembrance.

As for abuse. I am reminded of the Lord Jesus making a whip out of chords and beating the moneychangers, overturning their tables. Some on this thread can maybe give our Lord a lecture on being loving and gentle.

A rebuke impresses a man of discernment more than a hundred lashes a fool. Proverbs 17:10.

The teacher gave a rebuke and rightly so. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Kids go to school to be educated and that is what happened. This confused boy thinks the family unit does not consist of a mother and so the teacher corrected that. Teacher also said two men living together is sin and it is. It is a shameful thing to be a homosexual and so this lady just called them out. If the boy is mentally unstable it's probably because he has two reprobates as guardians rather than a father and a mother. It is a horrible situation for a child to be in with the homosexuals and the teacher does not want to share responsibility by pretending it is a normal situation, it is an abnormal situation.
Poe or not? I really can't tell

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Archivist.

And? If 'Christians' are advocating something that is against the clear teachings of the bible and the apostles maybe they should take a long hard look at themselves.

I'm sad for the child being in foster care and for his hard life and I'm sad he was dropped into a no-win situation. The officials who dropped him into this situation have a lot to answer for.

Truth is truth in every school. God Bless :)
so how would you respond if a teacher treated your child like this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Which is why I have said many times in this thread that the teacher should have spoken with the parents in a parent teacher conference,
the teacher's personal prejudices have no place at a parent teacher conference either.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so how would you respond if a teacher treated your child like this?

I'm not in a same sex partnership, so no child of mine would have to be corrected for telling the class he has two daddies.

When I was in school I was rebuked by teachers when it was deserved and rightly so. One day God willing that boy will be grateful to the dear lady who told him the truth.

Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers; do not let me eat their delicacies. Let a righteous man strike me--that is a kindness; let him rebuke me--that is oil on my head. My head will not refuse it, for my prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers (Psalm 141:4-5)

Two men in a sexual relationship and saying they are married to each other, that is a grevious perversion according to our Lord.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello. What you don't seem to realise is that this teacher was not imposing her values onto others. She was explaining God's values, the values of the creator to the creation. There's no debate about the subject matter, you're condoning the promotion of S I N .
"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." Anne Lamott

No hate here. God is patient, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. But how can the people repent if persons of your ilk refuse to tell them the truth and would villify anyone with the courageous love to tell them the truth?

it's you that's showing the hate for the homosexual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
sins like hatred and abuse

It's you that's showing the hate. It's you that's showing the abuse. Allowing people to continue on the path to hell without telling them the truth. What the teacher said was true.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So the teacher couldn't tell the children the truth about SSM until she had confessed her own sin to the children?

So it's wrong but not wrong enough to be challenged in class?

You haven't handled it at all. Society has changed around you. You've remained silent except to villify one brave lady for standing up for the truth. God Bless :)

Abusing a child isn't brave

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.