✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ugh, don't even get me started on the education system. :sadd:

I think topics like homosexuality are difficult ones to discuss, and that most children aren't old enough to even grasp the concept beyond "my daddies love each other". Also, don't give out unsolicited opinions in a classroom. That's what internet forums are for.:asd:

Upvote 0

Alistair_Wonderland

Apr 14, 2018
New Philadelphia
✟28,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That pendulum swings both ways...

When my daughter was in the same grade she went through a similar experience with a teacher in her school, except it wasn't over my sins, it was over her belief in God.

The teacher asked an open question - what controls the weather? My daughter - thrilled she knew the answer - said God does!

That teacher went off on her. Started calling her God a murdering psychopath after graphically describing those in Indonesia who had recently died enmass in a tsunami..

I mean literally went off on her.. so much that she went to the principles office asking to go home, in tears.

NO teacher should treat children like this... School isn't the place for preaching on your personal beliefs. And certainly not a place to deride and demean children.

A teacher who finds it their place to deride a child for things like being grateful he was about to be adopted? No.. she's got no place in a classroom.

I hope that teacher was fired too. Teachers should never be hateful, especially when dealing with younger students. My only possible reason for excusing such behavior is if she had lost someone dear to her in the tsunami and was emotionally unstable. Other than that, she has no excuse. People raise their children to believe different things. If you can't accept these differences, you have no place in teaching.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
An honest solution to the problem is that, if we tell people they are sinning, we should do it in a loving and caring manner so as to not cause any friction. Those of us who have a Biblical education know what sin is, but those who have never read the Bible before in their lives are going to look at us strange and ask us what we mean. And some may even get offended when we say what they are doing is morally wrong. We must be prepared for that. I think it is because of our sin natures that we get offended in the first place at all.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
An honest solution to the problem is that, if we tell people they are sinning, we should do it in a loving and caring manner so as to not cause any friction. Those of us who have a Biblical education know what sin is, but those who have never read the Bible before in their lives are going to look at us strange and ask us what we mean. And some may even get offended when we say what they are doing is morally wrong. We must be prepared for that. I think it is because of our sin natures that we get offended in the first place at all.
Except the teacher here was addressing the child who these men had adopted, not the parents.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The child was not being corrected because of the wickedness of his parents. He was being corrected for chirping about that wickedness in the class.
"chirping about that wickedness?" The majority of what is taught in schools these days amounts to chirping about wickedness, but this 10 year old child still should not have been attacked by a teacher for saying he was happy for having his two dads.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"chirping about that wickedness?" The majority of what is taught in schools these days amounts to chirping about wickedness, but this 10 year old child still should not have been attacked by a teacher for saying he was happy for having his two dads.

Well my opinion is that the teacher should not have been fired for correcting a child who was telling a class something that wasn't true.

Where in the bible does it say someone has 'two dads'?

Many 'Christians' are bending over backwards to accomodate evil. They will all have to appear before the judgement seat of Christ one day to give account for this.

Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

God Bless :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well my opinion is that the teacher should not have been fired for correcting a child who was telling a class something that wasn't true.

Proverbs 12:1 Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates reproof is stupid.

Many of us have grown up with two dads. I have the dad that sired me and the dad that raised me from 4 months old after my mother died. I would have tangled with any teacher telling me I didn't. Two dads are that child's reality. Your argument holds no water.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many of us have grown up with two dads. I have the dad that sired me and the dad that raised me from 4 months old after my mother died. I would have tangled with any teacher telling me I didn't. Two dads are that child's reality. Your argument holds no water.

The story is about homosexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The story is about homosexuality.

No, it's about an unprofessional teacher trying to strip from a little boy his family identity. Professional teachers teach subject matter. They don't impose their values on others. Teach me about fractions. Critique my science project. Shut up about my family.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Many 'Christians' are bending over backwards to accomodate evil. They will all have to appear before the judgement seat of Christ one day to give account for this.

No, what this teacher did was to abuse a child. If the teacher was opposed to same-sex marriage he should have raised have raised the matter in a patent-teacher conference. He should not have embarrassed the child in front of his classmates.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, what this teacher did was to abuse a child. If the teacher was opposed to same-sex marriage he should have raised have raised the matter in a patent-teacher conference. He should not have embarrassed the child in front of his classmates.

Unless the intent is not to embarrass the child but to warn the other twenty nine children in the class who are being exposed to a devilish lie that it is a devilish lie. Those who live a lifestyle like that will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Unless the intent is not to embarrass the child but to warn the other twenty nine children in the class who are being exposed to a devilish lie that it is a devilish lie. Those who live a lifestyle like that will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)
Many Christians would not agree that this child having two dads is a “devilish lie.” This child had been in foster care for years before these men adopted him. In any event this was a public school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
if this is the case then the teacher's intent was to promote hatred against the child. I don't remember if the teacher lost her teaching licence but she should have. Anyone who would do what you post here has no business being anywhere near children.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Morality should be taught at home or in church, not by every public school teacher teaching their version of it. It's not the pubic school teacher's place to preach her moral or religious views to the other 29 children. Do you want next year's Muslim teacher to do the same in her classroom? Or Hindu teacher or Buddhist teacher? Leave teaching moral and religious tenets to parents and the church.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Morality should be taught at home or in church, not by every public school teacher teaching their version of it.

I disagree. Jesus said go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Nowhere did he say there's an exemption from the gospel for people adopted by homosexuals. The people sitting in the class, that could be their one and only opportunity to hear the gospel and avoid the fires of hell.

And also the elephant in the room is that 'the church' by and large is not preaching the truth of God's word, 'morality' is like something that seeped out of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Do you want next year's Muslim teacher to do the same in her classroom? Or Hindu teacher or Buddhist teacher? Leave teaching moral and religious tenets to parents and the church.

Islam is under Galatians 1:8, a false gospel. I would welcome it for this false gospel to raise it's ugly head then God's faithful people can challenge it with the truth.

But in the precise terms of the OP, I think you would struggle to find a muslim teacher who would be ok with advocating same sex marriage. I would guess a muslim teacher in the same situation would also speak out and be fired.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I disagree. Jesus said go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Nowhere did he say there's an exemption from the gospel for people adopted by homosexuals. The people sitting in the class, that could be their one and only opportunity to hear the gospel and avoid the fires of hell.

Yes, just embarrass a little boy in front of his classmates. Thankfully the classmates went to the principal and got the teacher fired. Remember, this boy had been in foster care for years. He was thrilled that he finally had a family.

Islam is under Galatians 1:8, a false gospel. I would welcome it for this false gospel to raise it's ugly head then God's faithful people can challenge it with the truth.

But in the precise terms of the OP, I think you would struggle to find a muslim teacher who would be ok with advocating same sex marriage. I would guess a muslim teacher in the same situation would also speak out and be fired.

Actually most of the Muslims I know wouldn’t have said anything about the boys two dads.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,340.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, just embarrass a little boy in front of his classmates. Thankfully the classmates went to the principal and got the teacher fired. Remember, this boy had been in foster care for years. He was thrilled that he finally had a family.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Two men getting married is wrong. No matter what comes next that foundational fact does not change.

Actually most of the Muslims I know wouldn’t have said anything about the boys two dads.

Birds of a feather flock together.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.