✟363,732.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Family reunion?

Sister, her partner and my nephew. Plus, we've not been for nearly four years anyway, and it's the school holidays and I've got a day off from work. Might as well make the most of it.

And yes, I saw the easy joke but I decided to ignore it.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sister, her partner and my nephew. Plus, we've not been for nearly four years anyway, and it's the school holidays and I've got a day off from work. Might as well make the most of it.

And yes, I saw the easy joke but I decided to ignore it.

Yes, it was meant as a joke.

Thanks for understanding how I feel about it.

I hope you guys have a good time.

P.S. I like the arachnid section, myself, as well as the aquariums.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟363,732.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it was meant as a joke.

Thanks for understanding how I feel about it.

I hope you guys have a good time.

P.S. I like the arachnid section, myself, as well as the aquariums.

I like the aquariums too. And the penguins. They know they're on show.

ETA: Also, thank you.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,309.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There you have it Bing is a liberal (in the American sense) atheist chatbot.:)
I've noticed in the past that it does seem to cherry pick it's reference sources. So perhaps AI is not as dangerous as first thought and may merely represent the ideals of its creators. We will no doubt soon see bots on both sides of the fence carrying on the media tradition.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've noticed in the past that it does seem to cherry pick it's reference sources. So perhaps AI is not as dangerous as first thought and may merely represent the ideals of its creators. We will no doubt soon see bots on both sides of the fence carrying on the media tradition.
I have found you can get the answer you are looking for in a chatbot response by crafting the question accordingly.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟263,824.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have found you can get the answer you are looking for in a chatbot response by crafting the question accordingly.
Sounds like an easy experiment. C'mon, sjastro, you're our resident chatbot expert. Get some conservative, right wing response.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How about these doomsdayers tell us Koine exactly what a "greenhouse gas" is, and not issue Earth-shattering news with vague terminology?

If we need to take action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, what exactly should we reduce? Oxygen? Helium? Carbon? what?
There's this thing called a search engine on your browser.
I typed in "What is a Greenhouse Gas" - but because that's sounds hard for you - I linked the search result so you can just click on the blue writing.
Look for a good scientific organisation.
You're welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I remember watching reading looking into allot of this many many years ago when Computers just started to be built and Scientist gathered around the world to start taking data blah blah blah.
Um, no. Eunice Foote put thermometers in glass bottles with different gases and discovered CO2 traps heat way back in 1856. We've known CO2 traps heat since then. It's such a basic demonstrable FACT that even Mythbusters could demonstrate it in a backyard test.

Then there's the Radiative Forcing Equation which calculates how much extra CO2 means how much extra heat.

THEN the super-computers come in to track where that extra heat is going to go - and as most of the heat ends up in the ocean - and the ocean is a chaotic system - it turns out that is the hardest part! But generally speaking, more CO2 = hotter oceans = funkier weather and droughts and a 'wetter atmosphere' as warmer temperatures can carry more moisture.

This for me is just like politics.
No - it's science. You're welcome.

I can still see leonard nimoy in the late 70's on TV talking about? CLIMATE CHANGE Vox.. ooh good source there haha.. sorry said "this could be the coolest summer we ever have".
What are you even talking about? The "Ice Age cometh" myth?

Look at just the young people they put so much fear into.
If I was a young person, I would be very concerned about what alt-troofers like you were trying to tell our politicians!

If your my age
I think you meant "If you're my age"

they did it to us not just once many times and yet were still here.
Who is this mythical "they" you're talking about?
There were different concerns over different matters but we solved them!
Acid rain, the ozone layer, the Cold War going hot - somehow we created international agreements that scraped us through these VERY REAL concerns. (OK - acid rain doesn't threaten civilisation as we know it - but it was real enough for various historical items we didn't want melted.)

you are not allowed (oh and that is so true) to disagree.
You're allowed to disagree with the peer reviewed findings on climate science.
But you are also allowed to live with the consequences of basically siding with something as ridiculous as the "Moon Landing was faked" mob.
You are NOT allowed to ask me to respect your conclusions! Your right to them? Sure. But respect your conclusions themselves when they defy physics and now HISTORY? Nope. Your conclusions are out there with the most hair-brained conspiracy theories imaginable. They're rubbish. Go ahead. Tell us all how every decent physics lab on the PLANET is conspiring to fine-tune their Fourier Devices in subservience to a mythical all powerful cabal!

1690417878767.png

Anyway there are hundreds of hundreds (yes fact) of Scientists that disagree about climate Change
Yup - and we could find hundreds of flat earthers and anti-vaxxers and moonlanding was fakeders and 9/11 troofers as well. Your point?

Yeah.. odd huh other sites that say something different also have data to back up what the say.
About as odd as all the sites we could find could find from flat earthers and anti-vaxxers and moonlanding was fakeders and 9/11 troofers as well. Your point?

I like this "rather than seeking to show that an event is caused by climate change, scientists must now presume it was, or be “denialists.”.
Yeah, I like you constructing a straw-man of your own fevered imaginings as well. It tells the rest of us what is going on up there.

So how do I see all this? Truth.. both sides make some really strong points I can't just toss out as lies lol. What I know is again if 3/4 of this world stopped everything that they believe adds to Climate Change.. nothing what so ever will change. 3rd world nations out there are not changing and some are making new coal mines "China's plans for some 100 new coal-fired power plants to back up wind and solar capacity".
Imagine the third world going with solar which is now 1/4 the cost of nuclear? Imagine them NOT having the same high cancer rates the rest of us have due to fossil fuel particulates? Clean air, abundant cheap power when you need it, geopolitical energy independence from petro-tyrants like Putin, and an ability to make their own future energy from basic abundant stuff like silicon and iron ore and aluminium and fibreglass. Renewables and batteries CAN be made from super-abundant metals and minerals and not not REQUIRE rare-earths (but can use them for various niche boosts.)

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like an easy experiment. C'mon, sjastro, you're our resident chatbot expert. Get some conservative, right wing response.
Here we go.
sjastro
Tucker Carlson provides honest commentary on climate change.
Bing

Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host, was known for his views on climate change that contradicted every major scientific academy on the planet⁴. He would regularly preach to his nightly audience of more than 3 million viewers about how concerns over climate change were like a religion, and that “the entire theory [of human-caused climate] is absurd”⁴. Carlson has been described as one of the worst spreaders of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and falsehoods about climate change over the past decade in the US media⁴. However, opinions on his commentary vary and some people may view his commentary as honest. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change..

Source: Conversation with Bing, 27/07/2023

(1) Farewell Tucker Carlson, climate change denier whose claims never .... Farewell Tucker Carlson, climate change denier whose claims never stacked up | Temperature Check.
(2) The New Tucker Is Just Like the Old Tucker: a Climate Denialist. The new Tucker is just like the old Tucker: a climate denialist.
(3) Tucker Carlson Spread Lots of Climate Misinformation. His Replacement Isn’t Much Better. Tucker Carlson Spread Lots of Climate Misinformation. His Replacement Isn’t Much Better - Inside Climate News.
(4) Vivek Ramaswamy tells Tucker Carlson why Jan. 6 happened, says US is ‘spiritually broken’. Vivek Ramaswamy tells Tucker Carlson why Jan. 6 happened, says US is ‘spiritually broken’.
(5) Tucker Carlson Says Global Warming Is Not A Threat But Winter Is - HuffPost. Tucker Carlson Says Global Warming Is Not A Threat But Winter Is.
(6) Tucker Carlson goes full-on climate denier, hypes debunked document .... Tucker Carlson goes full-on climate denier, hypes debunked document that blames global warming on clouds.
(7) undefined. https://t.co/73W485f501.
(8) Getty Images. Getty Images.
sjastro

Provide evidence about Tucker Carlson not lying about climate change.
Bing

Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host, was known for his views on climate change that contradicted every major scientific academy on the planet⁴. He would regularly preach to his nightly audience of more than 3 million viewers about how concerns over climate change were like a religion, and that “the entire theory [of human-caused climate] is absurd”⁴. Carlson has been described as one of the worst spreaders of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and falsehoods about climate change over the past decade in the US media⁴. However, opinions on his commentary vary and some people may view his commentary as honest. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change.
sjastro

This is not a correct answer I asked you to provide evidence of Tucker Carlson not lying about climate change.
Bing

I'm sorry, but I couldn't find any evidence that Tucker Carlson has not lied about climate change. Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host, was known for his views on climate change that contradicted every major scientific academy on the planet⁴. He would regularly preach to his nightly audience of more than 3 million viewers about how concerns over climate change were like a religion, and that “the entire theory [of human-caused climate] is absurd”⁴. Carlson has been described as one of the worst spreaders of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and falsehoods about climate change over the past decade in the US media⁴. However, opinions on his commentary vary and some people may view his commentary as honest. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change.
sjastro

If you cannot provide evidence of Tucker Carlson not lying about climate change then you can't prove he is lying about climate change.
Bing

I understand your point. However, it is important to note that the burden of proof lies with the person making a claim. In this case, Tucker Carlson has made claims about climate change that contradict the overwhelming scientific consensus on the topic. The scientific community has provided extensive evidence to support the fact that climate change is real and largely caused by human activities. It is up to Tucker Carlson to provide evidence to support his claims, and so far, I have not found any credible evidence to support his views on climate change. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change.
sjastro

If you understand my point Tucker Carlson has not been shown to lie about climate change.
Bing

Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host, was known for his views on climate change that contradicted every major scientific academy on the planet. He would regularly preach to his nightly audience of more than 3 million viewers about how concerns over climate change were like a religion, and that “the entire theory [of human-caused climate] is absurd”. Carlson has been described as one of the worst spreaders of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and falsehoods about climate change over the past decade in the US media. However, opinions on his commentary vary and some people may view his commentary as honest. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change.
sjastro

Stop repeating yourself.

Bing
I apologize for any confusion. My apology was for repeating myself, not for conceding any point about Tucker Carlson. As an AI, I do not have personal opinions or beliefs, and my responses are based on the information available to me. Tucker Carlson, the former Fox News host, was known for his views on climate change that contradicted every major scientific academy on the planet. He would regularly preach to his nightly audience of more than 3 million viewers about how concerns over climate change were like a religion, and that “the entire theory [of human-caused climate] is absurd”. Carlson has been described as one of the worst spreaders of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and falsehoods about climate change over the past decade in the US media. However, opinions on his commentary vary and some people may view his commentary as honest. It’s important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information on complex topics such as climate change.
sjastro

Prove your information is wrong.
Bing

As an AI, I strive to provide accurate and reliable information based on the data and sources available to me. However, it is possible that some of the information I provide may be incorrect or outdated. If you believe that any of the information I have provided is incorrect, please let me know and I will do my best to verify and update it. It's important to consider multiple sources and perspectives when evaluating information.
There you have it Bing has gone from being adamant Tucker Carlson is a liar to admitting its information maybe incorrect or outdated.
What completely threw Bing was my illogical tactic of trying to force Bing to prove a negative and shifting the burden of proof from myself to Bing, tactics all to commonly found in this forum.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,280,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
One surprising number in the poll was that atheists were twice as likely as Christians to recognize that climate change was a serious problem.

It doesn't surprise me. Sadly, there are alot of Christians that engage in wishful thinking and prone to selecting what they will believe because of tribalism.

Reactions: eclipsenow
Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,772.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't surprise me. Sadly, there are alot of Christians that engage in wishful thinking and prone to selecting what they will believe because of tribalism.
Agreed! And not only that, are likely to come across all holier-than-thou to those of us who accept the science and think it is Godly that we care about what it might do to the poor and powerless. Notice I said care. See - if we worry about it - there are those here who do not "believe in" climate related anxiety. They'll say you're worrying - and that's a sin apparently.
(It's typical that they read God's words of comfort "Do not worry" as a command almost worthy of hell if you break it, rather than words of reassurance and comfort. They're selective with everything - and even turn these words of comfort into something terrifying - a command not to worry which itself would cause me to worry!)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Agreed! And not only that, are likely to come across all holier-than-thou to those of us who accept the science and think it is Godly that we care about what it might do to the poor and powerless.

Just keep in mind that you're as guilty as we are re this climate stuff.

And you can talk all day about how much you care about it, but I'm not convinced anyone is.

Anyone can write a check to the Hug Our Trees Foundation, but when it comes to giving up creature comforts, that's different, isn't it?

Do you have glass windows, a gas-powered car, and a cement patio?

If so, give them up.

Then I'll take you seriously.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟282,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And you can talk all day about how much you care about it, but I'm not convinced anyone is.

Anyone can write a check to the Hug Our Trees Foundation, but when it comes to giving up creature comforts, that's different, isn't it?

If so, give them up.

What do you think of those hypocrites who are so anti-science but leach off the creature comforts which science gives them through technology?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If so, give them up.

Energy Destinies – Part 7: Endgames – The Strait Jacket

A look at population growth and energy consumption shows that there is no way the world will change behavior enough to stop worst outcomes.

In effect, global industrial supply chains and power structures will become more volatile in the decades ahead being tied increasingly to the need to secure access to energy and related critical raw materials.​
Policymakers will recognise former Russian Prime Minister Viktor Chernomyrdim’s lament: “we wanted the best but it turned out like always”. They may need to follow another of his sage observations: “there is still time to save the face…later we will be forced to save some other parts of a body”.​

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,280,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

If so, give them up.

That's a logical fallacy, it's called tu quoque.

You also don't know, maybe they do make personal decisions based on environmental impact. But that again, is beside the point. One side is arguing that there is no global warming, or its not worth doing anything about, the other is arguing its a serious matter that should be of public concern.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What do you think of those hypocrites who are so anti-science but leach off the creature comforts which science gives them through technology?

The answer is in your question.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,950,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status