Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
One surprising number in the poll was that atheists were twice as likely as Christians to recognize that climate change was a serious problem.

The heat we Christians are trying to warn atheists about will make this global warming look like an Arctic clipper near the bottom of the Kelvin scale.

Reactions: smittymatt
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟760,104.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The heat we Christians are trying to warn atheists about will make this global warming look like an Arctic clipper near the bottom of the Kelvin scale.
Hay AV...I was just seeing that a Category 4 Typhoon and growing is heading towards Guam. I hope your hunkered down well. I'll thinking that we will not hear from you for a while because of down power. Be well friend!

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,917,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hay AV...I was just seeing that a Category 4 Typhoon and growing is heading towards Guam. I hope your hunkered down well. I'll thinking that we will not hear from you for a while because of down power. Be well friend!

???

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
An example of climate change impacting on Britain is England's inability of winning back the Ashes from Australia.

GettyImages-1565413587.jpg

So there are some benefits...

Every cloud, as they say.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Hay AV...I was just seeing that a Category 4 Typhoon and growing is heading towards Guam.
No doubt caused by all that hot air we get from that region.

• Haha
Reactions: sjastro
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Your credentials please
What sort of credentials does one need to ask for a dissertation in a subject by an unqualified person? Surely you should be asking the see the Scottish guy's credentials. Which are apparently an MA in archaeology.

I've seen him on TV presenting a kind of travelogue around the British coast and I think he's quite good at doing that. So if you wanted some info on British archaeological sites or the best route to take wandering around the Welsh coastline, then he'd be a decent choice to ask.

But global warming? Nah...you might as well ask your local butcher.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟279,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet you used them to question theirs.
You decided to truncate my quote and exclude the reasons given which shows Oliver's video to be nonsense and concentrate on my credentials as a diversion.
Despite your attempts this is not about me but Oliver's video.

By comparison here are the comments on the heat wave made by climate scientists.

Who do you think is more qualified to comment on heat waves?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,562.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So if you wanted some info on British archaeological sites or the best route to take wandering around the Welsh coastline, then he'd be a decent choice to ask.
Archaeology involves past weather events also

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟257,843.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Archaeology involves past weather events also
Look, the guy might be an excellent archaeologist. He is very presentable on tv and seems to be nice bloke. Although I don't agree with some of his politics. But...If you and others are getting your info on global warming from a tv presenter who is expert on early Scottish history and battles that have occured on British soil and others with those sort of credentials, then it's pretty obvious why we have the problem we have.

For heaven's sake, Tim...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Actual data from temperature measurements show that heatwaves in the U.S. are on the decline.
If I misunderstood your post I apologize.

Where did you get the "Actual data from temperature measurements show that heatwaves in the U.S. are on the decline" from?

According to , heat waves in the United States are not on the decline. In fact, they are becoming more frequent, longer, and more intense due to climate change, which is causing the Earth's atmosphere to warm. As the atmosphere warms, it can hold more moisture, which can lead to more intense heat waves.​
According to the EPA, the average heat wave season across the 50 cities in this indicator is about 49 days longer now than it was in the 1960s. The average heat wave has also become more intense, with temperatures now averaging 2.3°F above the local threshold.​
In addition to becoming more frequent and intense, heat waves are also becoming more widespread. A 2022 study by the National Center for Atmospheric Research found that the number of heat waves that affect at least 100 million Americans has increased by 50% since the 1960s.​
The increasing frequency and intensity of heat waves is a serious threat to public health. They can cause heat stroke, heat exhaustion, and other heat-related illnesses. They can also lead to death, especially among the elderly, the young, and those with chronic health conditions.​
This indicator describes trends in multi-day extreme heat events across the United States.​
Heat Wave Characteristics in the United States by Decade, 1961–2021

1690289207062.png
US Current Heatwave: Inside the most extreme heat wave the Southern U.S. has faced

The summer of 2023 has featured the most intense heat in modern records averaged over the planet. June was Earth’s hottest on record, and the oceans are exhibiting unprecedented warmth. Far and wide, already-exceptional weather events are being pushed into record territory by the effects of human-caused climate change.

In the Lower 48 states, global warming has manifested itself in a historically intense and prolonged heat wave, stretching from California’s interior to South Florida. The zone from Arizona to Texas has sat at the center, with record-shattering heat enduring for at least three weeks and showing little sign of relenting.

So how do I see all this? Truth.. both sides make some really strong points I can't just toss out as lies lol.
Here is one idea!
nothing what so ever will change.
I agree that nothing will change.

Upvote 0

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟279,936.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I decided to ask the new improved Bing chatbot why conservative Christians are more likely to be climate change deniers.

Bing
There are several reasons why some conservative Christians may be more likely to deny climate change. According to a Pew Research Center poll from May 2020, while 62% of religiously unaffiliated U.S. adults agree that the Earth is warming primarily due to human action, only 35% of U.S. Protestants do – including just 24% of white evangelical Protestants¹. One reason is that some conservative Christians may see environmentalism as being at odds with their religious beliefs. For example, a coalition of major evangelical groups, including Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, launched a movement opposing what they describe as “the false worldview” of environmentalism¹. Another reason is that belief in miracles and an afterlife is associated with lower estimates of the risks posed by climate change¹. Additionally, some conservative Christians may be influenced by political factors, such as their affiliation with conservative political parties that tend to reject the scientific consensus on climate change¹. It's important to note that not all conservative Christians deny climate change, and there are many different factors that can influence an individual's beliefs on this issue.

Source: Conversation with Bing, 26/07/2023

(1) Faith and politics mix to drive evangelical Christians' climate change ....Faith and politics mix to drive evangelical Christians' climate change denial.
(2) Christian soldiers and climate deniers: inside the fight for control of .... Christian soldiers and climate deniers: inside the fight for control of the Queensland LNP.
(3) Anti-Vaxxers, Climate Change Deniers, January 6th Deniers, and .... Anti-Vaxxers, Climate Change Deniers, January 6th Deniers, and Conservative Christians.
(4) Articles on Climate change denial - The Conversation. Climate change denial News, Research and Analysis - The Conversation.
(5) We were climate change deniers because of our religious upbringings .... We used to be climate change deniers - here's why we changed our minds.
I don't usually put much credibility on chatbot responses but this is spot on.

Upvote 0