up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Official record: 134 degrees Fahrenheit (56.7°C) measurement taken at Death Valley on July 10, 1913.
You contradicting the media? :)

693d5446c28988c116ff509371abf2f1.jpg

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Official record: 134 degrees Fahrenheit (56.7°C) measurement taken at Death Valley on July 10, 1913.
Yes the highest temp for for Death Valley was 134 F on july 10, 1913. What you conveniently overlooked is that July 4, 2023 was the hottest day on record globally. But wait: it's much worse:

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), July 3, 4 and 5 all consecutively broke records as the Earth's hottest day since scientists began recording in 1979. On Tuesday, July 4, scientists recorded a global average of 62.9 degrees.Jul 7, 2023.​

Stay with me:

July 2023 is the hottest month ever recorded​

The UN Chief spoke on the global average temperature this July, which was confirmed to be the highest on record and likely for at least 120,000 years. July also had the highest-ever ocean surface temperatures.

July 2023 brought record-high temperatures, devastating floods across the U.S.​

July 2023 was a hot and stormy month for the U.S., with flooding rain and scorching temperatures impacting much of the nation. 2023 is also marked by the most billion-dollar disasters for the first seven months of any year since 1980, according to scientists from NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information.​

Upvote 0

Guy Threepwood

Oct 16, 2019
Midwest
✟18,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes the highest temp for for Death Valley was 134 F on july 10, 1913. What you conveniently overlooked is that July 4, 2023 was the hottest day on record globally. But wait: it's much worse:

Actually death valley being hotter in the past could arguably be evidence for agw

Because that relies entirely on water vapor feedback loops, increased humidity. How does humidity effect daytime highs?

is death valley the hottest place on earth because it is very humid or very dry?

and so likewise, record high daytime temps are actually inconsistent with anthropomorphic global warming. What you'd be looking for is less record lows- especially at night, in winter, at the poles, e.g. the south pole might only get to -40 instead of -42. I think we can survive that.

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually death valley being hotter in the past could arguably be evidence for agw

Because that relies entirely on water vapor feedback loops, increased humidity. How does humidity effect daytime highs?

is death valley the hottest place on earth because it is very humid or very dry?

and so likewise, record high daytime temps are actually inconsistent with anthropomorphic global warming. What you'd be looking for is less record lows- especially at night, in winter, at the poles, e.g. the south pole might only get to -40 instead of -42. I think we can survive that.
Yes everything can be argued and the the fossil fuels industries are masters at feeding the gullible public misinformation and blatant lies especially when when so many politicians from all parties are dependent on their generous political donations.

Of course you think that an additional 1.5 C is survivable. I also so think that human will survive but civilization as we know it will not. And that time is much sooner than you may imagine.

Lobbying spending of oil & gas companies in the United States during election cycles from 1990 to 2022, by receiving political party (in million U.S. dollars)​

1696640353976.png

What are the odds that the fossil fuel industries will win? An educated guess: They are insurmountable.

What Will The World Look Like In 2050​

1696639993239.png

I am thankful that I lived in the most magical period that the world has even know (thanks to fossil fuels) however I am sorry for my generation's selfishness and that it is too late to do anything about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guy Threepwood

Oct 16, 2019
Midwest
✟18,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes everything can be argued and the the fossil fuels industries are masters at feeding the gullible public misinformation and blatant lies especially when when so many politicians from all parties are dependent on their generous political donations.

Of course you think that an additional 1.5 C is survivable. I also so think that human will survive but civilization as we know it will not. And that time is much sooner than you may imagine.

Lobbying spending of oil & gas companies in the United States during election cycles from 1990 to 2022, by receiving political party (in million U.S. dollars)​

View attachment 337370

What are the odds that the fossil fuel industries will win? An educated guess: They are insurmountable.

What Will The World Look Like In 2050​

View attachment 337361

I am thankful that I lived in the most magical period that the world has even know (thanks to fossil fuels) however I am sorry for my generation's selfishness and that it is too late to do anything about it.
Not just survivable, overwhelmingly beneficial to life on Earth.

I don't think you need to bear such a burden of guilt Frank. Your 'selfishness' has helped feed billions via affordable reliable energy, the Co2 byproduct of all the fuel you have ever used, to heat your house, drive your car, cook your food from all corners of the world, visit friends and family, travel abroad, live life to the fullest, has also helped boost vegetation growth including food crops around the world by significant amounts.

It has helped restore a tiny fraction of the Co2 plants consumed from 7000ppm Cambrian to a mere 270ppm pre-industrial, a starvation level that opened up vast deserts which were once lush.

If humanity is wiped out tomorrow, you can rest easy that you helped grant the biosphere several million more years of potential life, perhaps this is even our ultimate purpose on this planet?

Upvote 0

Frank Robert

Feb 18, 2021
KW
✟127,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not just survivable, overwhelmingly beneficial to life on Earth.

I don't think you need to bear such a burden of guilt Frank. Your 'selfishness' has helped feed billions via affordable reliable energy, the Co2 byproduct of all the fuel you have ever used, to heat your house, drive your car, cook your food from all corners of the world, visit friends and family, travel abroad, live life to the fullest, has also helped boost vegetation growth including food crops around the world by significant amounts.

It has helped restore a tiny fraction of the Co2 plants consumed from 7000ppm Cambrian to a mere 270ppm pre-industrial, a starvation level that opened up vast deserts which were once lush.

If humanity is wiped out tomorrow, you can rest easy that you helped grant the biosphere several million more years of potential life, perhaps this is even our ultimate purpose on this planet?
I hope your rationalizations help you sleep better.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That is irrelevant to the fact that July 4th was the hottest day globally on record.

• Agree
Reactions: Green Sun
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That is irrelevant to the fact that July 4th was the hottest day globally on record.
Makes me wonder though....so what? And what if global warming is real? So what? We do know with a warmer climate you'd have the potential for possibly more lush vegetation being able to be grown in colder climates. There would be pros and cons to a warmer climate but there would be many benefits as well.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Guy Threepwood

Oct 16, 2019
Midwest
✟18,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Makes me wonder though....so what? And what if global warming is real? So what? We do know with a warmer climate you'd have the potential for possibly more lush vegetation being able to be grown in colder climates. There would be pros and cons to a warmer climate but there would be many benefits as well.

Yes, longer growing seasons- fewer late frosts in spring or early frosts in fall, and the extra Co2 helps plant growth tremendously. Lower food bills, heating bills and lower energy demand altogether. Not to mention life on Earth is just more fun when it aint so darn cold out.

Firing up my furnace tonight for the first time this fall :(

Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,323.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeh, but I wouldn't want to offend people that don't approve of fun
If I thought for one moment that you knew what you were talking about then I might be offended.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟143,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That is NASTY! And an El Nino event.
But here's the thing.
While natural weather systems can be thought of as a toddler playing in the bath and causing little waves, and maybe (to stretch the metaphor) the ENSO cycle is when the toddler splashes bigger waves, climate change is the fact that someone left the tap on. All those waves are going to get a little big higher over time. Weather is a particular event or year. Climate is the changing statistical average over decades. Weather is a day or season or year. Climate is measured in about 30 year chunks.

Climate normals​

Statistics calculated over standard periods (commonly a 30 year interval) are often called climate normals, and are generally used as reference values for comparative purposes. The period is long enough to include the majority of typical year to year variations in the climate, but no so long that it is significantly influenced by longer-term changes in climate. In Australia, the current reference climate normal is generated over the 30-year period 1 January 1961 to 31 December 1990. http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/cdo/about/about-stats.shtml

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,583.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Climate is measured in about 30 year chunks.
So we are past the 30 year period starting in the early 80's when spring started coming a month earlier and the sun was peeling paint and curling shingles.

Upvote 0