Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Is it possible to "click" with more than one person at a time?

Because I am finding it very difficult.

I "clicked" with someone, but he wasn't ready for a relationship... Now everyone I meet pales in comparison to how I feel about him. I feel like I am not giving anyone a fair chance.

GoodNewsJim

Senior Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
✟20,152.00
Faith
Presbyterian
I was in love with a girl that was perfect for me in every way except she was just a few pounds overweight which wasn't really that bad with her extreme curves.

Anyway I can be friends with anyone, but she actually raised my standards in women. And I had high standards to begin with.

So yeah, having a past successful relationship can mean you want even more in the next one even though it isn't probable.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think the best advice for such a position is not to push things. Don't "try" to make things click between you and someone else, because that often backfires or simply doesn't work. You'll end up looking at the negative parts of a person too intently when you try to force yourself to see the good in them.

In other words, don't look for guys to click with, just let it happen when it will.

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah.. I "clicked" with about 4 or 5 people at once back in high school..

Currently, I have a deeeeep love for someone that I can not be with at this time of life.. So I've moved on a bit.. I really like the girl Im with. But my heart still beats for another.

..so to answer your question, yes. You can get feelings about other people whilst still stuck on one person.

..I wouldn't reccomend it though. It hurts. Its confusing.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, you can "click" with many people.

I kinda understand what you mean though about everybody else paling in comparison to the one you "clicked" with. It sucks doesn't it? I mean, you will meet other people and think "gosh, he/she isn't even close to as awesome as so and so was."

Sometimes I think that we set our expectations too high though and expect an instant "click." Haha, actually I think it was you who told me that if you stop looking, somebody will show up. Take our own advice now haha.

Upvote 0

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is just a suggestion, but maybe you should just lay low for awhile. I see no point into forcing yourself to date people who you have no feelings for. Time always helps.
I think you may be right. Which sucks... because I am lonely, but at the same time, won't let anyone close enough to comfort me.

Women, huh? ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gottabemore2life

Princess - Just a Little Girl
Nov 8, 2007
Home
✟9,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, you can "click" with many people.

I kinda understand what you mean though about everybody else paling in comparison to the one you "clicked" with. It sucks doesn't it? I mean, you will meet other people and think "gosh, he/she isn't even close to as awesome as so and so was."

Sometimes I think that we set our expectations too high though and expect an instant "click." Haha, actually I think it was you who told me that if you stop looking, somebody will show up. Take our own advice now haha.

I am not even really looking though... I am kinda just getting people thrown at me. :D I think my friends need to back off a bit. I am just find being alone right now.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or the lack there of... actually...
Awwww... it's okay... unrequited love sucks, I know. But you can't say that he was the right guy for you. The right guy would have actually given a crap lol. You would've made a mistake by dating him because his apathy would've driven you insane. Believe me, I think you avoided a lot of heartbreak by steering clear of that pitfall.

Trust me on this one. I've been in his position and I've hurt some people very badly and I regret it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums