United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey everyone!
It has been a little while since I last posted on here. I recently went through one of the most horrific trials of my life - my wife separated from me, and we were debating a divorce. I was on my knees almost every day praying for guidance and comfort. Thankfully, my wife and I are back together working through things, and she is pregnant! We are expecting a baby boy this next March. I won't go into further detail regarding all of that, but something has been on my mind bothering me...

This entire situation flipped my life so much that I almost "crave" God. There seems to be this lingering thought of "Death" though. It always bothered me how much some Christians are "excited" to die and go to the most beautiful heaven. But is it wrong to NOT WANT to die? I am only 28 years old and feel like my life has just started! Now with a little boy on the way, it's made me contemplate certain values. The thought of, "because I am alive, means I will die" scares me deeply.

Is this a normal feeling or thought? I feel like I have so many questions and even question myself - why do some people accept and flock to the faith without thinking and others, like me, question things so much it almost hinders my relationship with God?

Reactions: Joined2krist

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to go home. But at the same time, I need to stay. There are things I need to do before I leave. I am 3 months away from 70. But my parents and grandparents lived into their 80s and 90s, so barring some unforeseen event, I suspect I will get up there in years. I am currently trying to "redeem the time," as in making up for lost and wasted time. Otherwise, death is just a step into another city. I will see old friends and family and wait for the rest to arrive.
As to your issue, God wants you to be satisfied with your life. "With a long life, I will satisfy him."

Psalm 91
15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

He does not want you to be carnal, worldly, and selfish. But at the same time, he wants you to have a full life that satisfies you.

Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the poster with “With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” (Psalm 91:16) is absolutely right on. The devil loves to torment God's children with death. It is just a lie. Sometimes they come through dreams, signs etc. For a Christian though you should rebuke the lies with God's word. It is Satan who lies, steals and destroys. I once had a dream of my mother in an accident. I took it to God until I had peace about her, that was 20 years ago and she is still alive. If you feel ill-equipped, take a look at books on the authority of the believer. The main think though is to pray it through, and gain confidence in God.
I can't answer why you question things, I think that everyone does some of that. Let the word rule in your heart though for whatever troubles you. Learn to listen the voice of God and have more confidence in Him. He is healing your marriage, and giving you a son, not to just have you die. God is good and doeth good. Ps. 119:68

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure if Christians are excited to die, the ones who are, have had enough trials in life that they have come to a point where the physical world is awful minus a few things like their loved ones or pets. And if their loved ones are gone, then they want to leave because their purpose is gone. There is no one left to love, and their in search of eternal love with God and with their dead family members.

God says for us to choose life not death, in both the spiritual and physical sense. We are called to be servants; you're not serving anyone in the grave and you can no longer grow in grace and knowledge in grave. Being a husband and being a father is an incredibly important role in life that teaches us many things and helps us grow as Christians; helps us understand God's love and mercy and pity. And helps us become true servants. Being a parent is a wonderful thing and helps mature us not just physically but spiritually. You need to be alive for your wife and for your son.

I think at the end of the day, we all want to live, we just don't want to live in this awful world or deal with our current situation. But we all want to live. I mean the people who want to go to Heaven still want to live, but they want to live elsewhere than here. So, no one, actually wants to die eternally--and nobody should!

When I was 20 I got to the point of thinking about the whole I'm going to die someday point; I think we all get to that point. Some at 20, some at 28 some at 40 some at 60. I think you're just going through a natural thought process, possibly because of this huge life changing event of having a child and knowing you need to be there for him and that even you yourself need him. Because we will all grow and change because of our children. They are just wonderful. I love kids.

I wouldn't think to deeply on your thoughts. I think it's just a natural response to becoming a father. You should want to live; God wants you to live. He created this world and told us to be fruitful and multiply not to be mournful and die. Earth was suppose to be heaven and eventually when Christ returns He will make it Heaven, because I, personally, don't believe going to Heaven when you die is true. Christ is coming here. The meek shall inherit the earth--not heaven. You're place is here and where-ever two or more are gathered together in My name, there will I be in the midst of them. You don't have to go to heaven to be with God; He will be with us, here.

Congratulations on your little boy!

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey everyone!
It has been a little while since I last posted on here. I recently went through one of the most horrific trials of my life - my wife separated from me, and we were debating a divorce. I was on my knees almost every day praying for guidance and comfort. Thankfully, my wife and I are back together working through things, and she is pregnant! We are expecting a baby boy this next March. I won't go into further detail regarding all of that, but something has been on my mind bothering me...

This entire situation flipped my life so much that I almost "crave" God. There seems to be this lingering thought of "Death" though. It always bothered me how much some Christians are "excited" to die and go to the most beautiful heaven. But is it wrong to NOT WANT to die? I am only 28 years old and feel like my life has just started! Now with a little boy on the way, it's made me contemplate certain values. The thought of, "because I am alive, means I will die" scares me deeply.

Is this a normal feeling or thought? I feel like I have so many questions and even question myself - why do some people accept and flock to the faith without thinking and others, like me, question things so much it almost hinders my relationship with God?

I'm not excited to die and never have been. Usually, most people aren't really wanting to die any time soon, not even to be with the Lord.

But hey! That's human. It's ok. What we want to avoid, however, if possible, is allowing our angst or anxiety in life to condition us with a failure of nerve which then prevents us from reaching out existentially toward the Lord and accept what comes.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everyone!

God gave us lives here on earth for a reason. A great deal of scripture is about how God wants us to live this life. Our life here in this world is important to God. It's perfectly normal to fear death when you are young, full of vigor and have a future to fulfil. When you become old and all of that is behind you, then you start to accept death because you start feeling too worn out to want to continue for a long time to come. I believe this is how God designed us. To have zeal to live out this life to its fullest and hopefully fulfil what God wants for us in this life.

Remember that Jesus himself was in great distress the night before the day he was put to death. I'm sure that had to do with the fact that he was about to take the sins of the world upon himself. But I think also he wasn't looking forward to being put to death. Even he of all people knew what heaven was like.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,054.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It always bothered me how much some Christians are "excited" to die and go to the most beautiful heaven.

Unless they're your close friends, I doubt they will tell you truth on that matter.

Because when Christians are being truthful, most of them don't want to die. Most of them don't even want to see the 2nd coming of Jesus within their lifetimes.

The ones who don't mind dying or anxious for the 2nd coming are the ones who have lost so much in this world. Loved ones has passed away, have no friends, are poor, struggling with depression or other big issues. Basically having little to nothing to look forward to in this life.

Ironically:
Luke 6:20-22
“Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
22 Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.

Don't obsess yourself with mortality.
Matthew 16:25
For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

Upvote 0