Should we take "In God We Trust" off the dollar bill?

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it punching you in the face? No. You believe God in your heart. Like I said, Do you think we should keep in God we trust? I didn't ask for this babble.

Ok, we should take "God we trust" off the dollar bill. Whose's face do you see in the dollar bill? Then it belongs to them. And who is the God of this world? Then it belongs to them.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Ok, we should take "God we trust" off the dollar bill. Whose's face do you see in the dollar bill? Then it belongs to them. And who is the God of this world? Then it belongs to them.

All I needed was your response. Not some psycho religious babble that tons of people disagree with.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Okay...I looked it up to be polite but didn't find anything, it's all a conspiracy theory.

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It is not illegal, the Founding Father's set up the nation with that declaration...."We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator (aka GOD) with certain unalienable Rights....! That is why and how we separated from Britain! If people don't like our Constitution, I suggest they kick rocks! Simple as that. The Founding Fathers served the Lord, your approval is not needed nor welcome!
this is basically semantics issue over the use of the word god.
face it, you wouldn't like it one bit if the word god was changed to allah.
as it stands, the phrase is (or can be considered to be) illegal.
changing the word god to creator would solve this.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Not quite, because not everyone believes in a creator. Some people believe in NO divine being at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the first part but agnostics don't believe in any God. It won't apply to everyone. America is about equality.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No it would not. My contention is with the government speaking for me on matters of faith. Who or what I believe or trust in. It's the "trust" part that I object to, not the word God.

I don't remember ever telling anyone from the government who or what I trust in, so what gives them the right to decide that it is going be God that I trust in? That to me, is a huge overstep of the government into the private beliefs of its citizens.

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not even going to provide a response? LOL okay, disagree all you want, but once again, you have no reason to keep it.
Tradition if nothing else. Are you scared of God ? Are you offended or bothered by God on our bills ? Certainly there are more pressing things in life !

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Tradition if nothing else. Are you scared of God ? Are you offended or bothered by God on our bills ? Certainly there are more pressing things in life !
No. I'm bothered by the government speaking for me as to what I trust or put my faith in. A government that is legally prohibited from doing just that.

That stupid phrase stands in defiance of everything this country means to me. And it isn't even the original motto. E pluribus unum is a much more suitable motto for the United States. It makes no statement of faith on anyone's behalf, so it is all-inclusive (it literally means "out of many, one") and is much more unifying as a statement.

And it's in Latin. How cool is that?!

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No. I'm bothered by the government speaking for me as to what I trust or put my faith in. A government that is legally prohibited from doing just that.

That stupid phrase stands in defiance of everything this country means to me. And it isn't even the original motto. E pluribus unum is a much more suitable motto for the United States. It makes no statement of faith on anyone's behalf, so it is all-inclusive (it literally means "out of many, one") and is much more unifying as a statement.

And it's in Latin. How cool is that?!
I'd be ok with E pluribus unum

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Tradition? That's not a valid reason, is it? Also, why would I be scared of God if I believe in him? Did you forget to read the FIRST post that I posted? I'm just saying that it's not fair to others who don't believe in God yet they are forced to have it on their money. That's the government making a choice for them. They may not trust in God, yet it says that on an OFFICIAL currency. Like others said, you wouldn't like it if it said "in Allah we trust" or "in science we trust." Your argument is invalid because you only want it there because YOU believe in God.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Tradition? America is about freedom. Plus, in the first amendment, it clearly states freedom of religion. No one should have to trust in something that they don't believe in. The ink costs money, so you are wasting money. She believes in God, and she thinks it's unequal. The statement doesn't apply to all. Plus, wasn't it like in the 1956 when they added it? Yeah, tradition....

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Tradition? That's not a valid reason, is it? Also, why would I be scared of God if I believe in him? Did you forget to read the FIRST post that I posted? I'm just saying that it's not fair to others who don't believe in God yet they are forced to have it on their money. That's the government making a choice for them. They may not trust in God, yet it says that on an OFFICIAL currency. Like others said, you wouldn't like it if it said "in Allah we trust" or "in science we trust." Your argument is invalid because you only want it there because YOU believe in God.
Most money is electronic today

Upvote 0

whois

rational
Mar 7, 2015
✟3,336.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not quite, because not everyone believes in a creator. Some people believe in NO divine being at all.
the fact still remains that using the word creator would not be illegal.
the wording of the constitution implies that our founding fathers believed in some kind of higher power but felt it would not be prudent push one kind of religion over another.

BTW, some people do not believe in toilets either, so let's remove ALL of them.

this post is in response to the 3 posters to my post.

this kind on nonsense is exactly why our christian churches cannot display nativity scenes on their private lawns during christmas.
also, this kind of thing is why the word christmas isn't heard as much as it was used to during the holidays.

our founding fathers never intended this type of thing.

edit:
this thread does not belong in morality or ethics.
it belongs in politics under the sub heading of propaganda and agenda.
our founding fathers never intended this type of thing or else they would have NEVER mentioned creator in the constitution.

these people object to what is on our money but seem to neglect that is the very basis of their most cherished rights, and that is the right of equality.
their freedom of speech and their right to privacy springs from this basic concept.
IOW, these people that argue against what is on our money have no idea what they are arguing against.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tradition? America is about freedom. Plus, in the first amendment, it clearly states freedom of religion.

Well sense atheism isn't a religion, how are you offended?

This is the insanity part of society at the present moment. You're perfectly fine with an idea that the universe is completely arbitrary but take issue with an inanimate object. What exactly is it oppressing?

Upvote 0