Should we take "In God We Trust" off the dollar bill?

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
the fact still remains that using the word creator would not be illegal.
the wording of the constitution implies that our founding fathers believed in some kind of higher power but felt it would not be prudent push one kind of religion over another.

BTW, some people do not believe in toilets either, so let's remove ALL of them.

this post is in response to the 3 posters to my post.

this kind on nonsense is exactly why our christian churches cannot display nativity scenes on their private lawns during christmas.
also, this kind of thing is why the word christmas isn't heard as much as it was used to during the holidays.

our founding fathers never intended this type of thing.

edit:
this thread does not belong in morality or ethics.
it belongs in politics under the sub heading of propaganda and agenda.
our founding fathers never intended this type of thing or else they would have NEVER mentioned creator in the constitution.

these people object to what is on our money but seem to neglect that is the very basis of their most cherished rights, and that is the right of equality.
their freedom of speech and their right to privacy springs from this basic concept.
IOW, these people that argue against what is on our money have no idea what they are arguing against.

It violates freedom of religion because they are putting "God" and not everyone believes in God so it's considered offensive and they are basically choosing for you what you put your trust in. You don't care though because you believe in God.
Also, I didn't realize I was in the morality/ethics section when I made this thread. It doesn't matter though.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Well sense atheism isn't a religion, how are you offended?

This is the insanity part of society at the present moment. You're perfectly fine with an idea that the universe is completely arbitrary but take issue with an inanimate object. What exactly is it oppressing?

It's the belief that there is no god, so it could still be under the religion category because the definition of religion is believing or having faith in something. Atheists believe that there is no God...

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
1864. That's when it was put on coins. It was later put on paper.

The government and the 80 something percent of people in this country who believe in God can put whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want, wherever they want. You all want to consider any existence period of God outside the church as 'endorsing' religion, and you're mad that you can't have it so you go and make mountains out of molehills with pettiness, and in that everyone has to feel pressured not to have portraits up in public places or, for crying out loud, a football coach praying. Driving the Supreme Court up the wall for nothing.

God is a concept, not a religion. Therefore the government is not endorsing anything. Deal with it.

Once again, a religion is when you have faith or believe in something, so yes the word god on the dollar IS a statement of religion. "In God we Trust" is not only making a statement of faith, but also believing that he exists.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Neither do Atheists. You already have a dynasty on your faith based, macroevolution, Darwin worship in the schools. Stop acting like a bunch of babies. We already know you DON'T trust in God. Nobody is going to mistake that one! Move on. Leave our history and heritage alone.

I don't think history or "tradition" is a good enough excuse to exclude an entire group of people... Especially if it's a national motto.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Once again, a religion is when you have faith or believe in something, so yes the word god on the dollar IS a statement of religion. "In God we Trust" is not only making a statement of faith, but also believing that he exists.

Cool story bro. I'm surprised you all didn't disintegrate into nothing by the massive persecution of a three letter word on a piece of fabric.

God is a concept, not a religion. It doesn't say 'In Christ We Trust'. It's original intent shouldn't matter, and yet that's all you really care about. It's about stamping out the religious.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Cool story bro. I'm surprised you all didn't disintegrate into nothing by the massive persecution of a three letter word on a piece of fabric.

God is a concept, not a religion. It doesn't say 'In Christ We Trust'.

Did you not hear what I just said? A religion is when you believe in something or have faith in something, thus, the word "god" is a religion and a statement of faith. You should be more respectful of others instead of getting all offended if we don't want your religion on our dollars. It's not always about Christians you know...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think history or "tradition" is a good enough excuse to exclude an entire group of people... Especially if it's a national motto.

I think that we should respect history and our ancestors. If one cannot do that, then what is there to respect of that person? You pretty much just make it open season on yourself, it wasn't your atheism that brought you here, it was your ancestors. You're atheism quite frankly is doing you no favors- you take offense to inanimate objects like a psycho.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think that we should respect history and our ancestors. If one cannot do that, then what is there to respect of that person? You pretty much just make it open season on yourself, it wasn't your atheism that brought you here, it was your ancestors. You're atheism quite frankly is doing you no favors- you take offense to inanimate objects like a psycho.

Is there anything about history that we shouldn't respect and try not to replicate?

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you not hear what I just said? A religion is when you believe in something or have faith in something, thus, the word "god" is a religion and a statement of faith. You should be more respectful of others instead of getting all offended if we don't want your religion on our dollars. It's not always about Christians you know...

A RELIGION IS ACTUALLY A PRACTICE.

I've had it with the nonsense here. If you all want to go there on this, the 1st Amendment is only about the freedom of one's worldview and practice. That is it.
The fact that the Supreme Court even let you all get away with performing an iconoclasm on public places is nothing short of an atheist miracle. In a society of sense, you all should have been laughed at.
I wouldn't press that luck.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

We are not disrespecting history by getting rid of an irrelevant statement that doesn't apply to everyone. We got rid of slaves? Or would you like to bring them back for our history and ancestors?

If you forgot to read the very first post, I believe in God, and I'm offended. How could this be? Because I believe that it's unnecessary and unfair to others. Your whole argument is invalid because of course you'd want to keep it, because you're Christian. You don't even think about others, do you?

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

I've had it with the nonsense here. If you all want to go there on this, the 1st Amendment is only about the freedom of one's worldview and practice. That is it.
The fact that the Supreme Court even let you all get away with performing an iconoclasm on public places is nothing short of an atheist miracle. In a society of sense, you all should have been laughed at.

I'm not atheist... And not everybody believes in your precious god, so you should maybe think about what others think for once. Christians like you make me glad I'm not Christian.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Can you still practice your religion without in God we trust stamped on money?

Reactions: Brookelowe454
Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If he can't, his faith must be incredibly weak to have to be recognized by a wholly default government to give it legitimacy.

You and I on the other hand, know we will probably always be in the shadow of Christianity. But the doesn't make us doubt our beliefs. I don't need anyone else to confirm what I believe in. Some Christians apparently do.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Yes, and you can keep your atheism to. But I'm not going to take it off based on your atheism. You can go on somewhere with that nonsense.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Most intelligent Americans DO trust in God !!!
And many intelligent Americans don't. If the amount that don't believe in your God ever became the majority, would you support everything they want to do? Everything they would change for themselves?

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0