Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I've never been to any part of the country where Blacks were the majority.
There are MANY cities where Blacks are the majority. At least 20 cities have a majority of blacks. Enough to control the elections.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
There are MANY cities where Blacks are the majority. At least 20 cities have a majority of blacks. Enough to control the elections.
who knows? I just said that I myself have never been to a city that was majority Black, did not say they don't exist anywhere.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Another topic to vent on

I hate how people all develop Attention Deficit Disorder as soon as they log on to internet forums (or maybe in some cases, they always had it?)

I was very disappointed when I responded to this one poster who brought up one of the top 3 most interesting topics IMO, namely how a heretical pope is dealt with in the Church (or not dealt with, as seems to be the case :( )

So far, I don't believe this poster has responded. I still have to finish reading through the material he gave me, but so far it looks like even a heretical pope cannot be replaced or defrocked or whatever they call it UNLESS he leaves the Church (lol) or some other unlikely thing happens... Again, I haven't read through all that material yet but I have read about the teaching that no one can judge the pope. And without a valid judgment (that he is a heretic), nothing can be done.

Well, there is of course ONE person who can judge the pope.

Of course that is GOD. And the Sedevacantists say that God has judged Francis (and other heretical or heretical-sounding popes) and so the Church (cardinals and bishops) can replace him. I guess that's what Sedes believe, but this whole topic is rather new to me.

But anyhow, the original topic was how much ADD there is on the forums. People post 2 or 3 comments under some topic, then they seem to get bored and just move on and then they do the same thing: 3 or 4 posts and move on... just when some of us are getting interested in the topic or the opinions posters express...

Oh well... se la vie

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟658,791.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Another topic to vent on

I hate how people all develop Attention Deficit Disorder as soon as they log on to internet forums (or maybe in some cases, they always had it?)

I was very disappointed when I responded to this one poster who brought up one of the top 3 most interesting topics IMO, namely how a heretical pope is dealt with in the Church (or not dealt with, as seems to be the case :( )

So far, I don't believe this poster has responded. I still have to finish reading through the material he gave me, but so far it looks like even a heretical pope cannot be replaced or defrocked or whatever they call it UNLESS he leaves the Church (lol) or some other unlikely thing happens... Again, I haven't read through all that material yet but I have read about the teaching that no one can judge the pope. And without a valid judgment (that he is a heretic), nothing can be done.

Well, there is of course ONE person who can judge the pope.

Of course that is GOD. And the Sedevacantists say that God has judged Francis (and other heretical or heretical-sounding popes) and so the Church (cardinals and bishops) can replace him. I guess that's what Sedes believe, but this whole topic is rather new to me.

But anyhow, the original topic was how much ADD there is on the forums. People post 2 or 3 comments under some topic, then they seem to get bored and just move on and then they do the same thing: 3 or 4 posts and move on... just when some of us are getting interested in the topic or the opinions posters express...

Oh well... se la vie

Ships in the night.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
nonsense.
I've never been to any part of the country where Blacks were the majority. And I have traveled in nearly half the states over a period of many years
You said yourself that one side of a town was predominantly black.

I remembered the other thing: A town in Louisiana seceded from another part of the town it once belonged to. The reason: People were tired of the high crime and bad schools. The part of the town they seceded from was mostly Black so people accuse St George of being racist.
You also said that parts of LA seemed to be majority blacks.
I visited LA not long ago and I was shocked at what I saw and I was driving all over the state, so I'm not just talking about one particular area. Everywhere I went, Black people seemed to be in the majority.
So you have seen areas that are predominantly populated by blacks and you’ve already admitted that.

When I was a kid I lived with my grandfather for a year in 5th ward in Houston Tx. I attended Francis Scott Key middle school and I was the only white kid in the entire school. You can’t sit there and tell me that you’ve never seen black communities, they’re in every major city and the businesses in those areas usually have a predominantly black staff. The same goes for Asian communities and Hispanic communities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟897,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are woefully uninformed
You can’t produce any evidence to support your claim. There wouldn’t be thousands of homeless people living on the Mexican boarder who are wanting to come into the US IF THEY WERE ACTUALLY ALLOWED TO ENTER. You’re spreading lies and you don’t care if it’s a lie or not you just want to make it seem as if everyone else is so stupid and you’re one of the few that knows what’s really going on except your theory about what you think is actually going on DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE! Why are thousands of homeless people living on the Mexican side of the boarder if they’re allowed to enter? They came there so they can apply for a visa, if they didn’t have to apply for a visa THEY’D BE IN THE US ALREADY, they wouldn’t be waiting on the Mexican side of the boarder if they weren’t waiting to be processed.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You can’t sit there and tell me that you’ve never seen black communities,
I do remember a black church with one white person. I am very grateful that most blacks hate discrimination and they do not discriminate against white people. But I often do not think in terms of race. When I was in the army I do not remember black people. There were Puerto Rico people and I suppose there had to have been black people but I do not remember there being any there. Sometimes I notice, sometimes I don't.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I very much doubt this, evidence please.
The Roosevelt was closed in 2020. The city reopened it to use for illegal immigrants. I worked on a simular project here where we remodeled an old run down hotel to use for housing for winos and drunks that were sleeping under the bridge. It is difficult to do things like that now with the drugs and prostitution. The police often go in and shut them down. There is a few that ruin it for everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,609.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Roosevelt was closed in 2020. The city reopened it to use for illegal immigrants. I worked on a simular project here where we remodeled an old run down hotel to use for housing for winos and drunks that were sleeping under the bridge. It is difficult to do things like that now with the drugs and prostitution. The police often go in and shut them down. There is a few that ruin it for everyone.
The claim was that they were being housed in five-star hotels. Where is the evidence?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,609.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
another person who doesn't watch Fox

and so looks uninformed on the internet because he is
Code for "I made up the part about these being five-star hotels and was hoping no one would call me on it."

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The claim was that they were being housed in five-star hotels. Where is the evidence?
Was there a problem with my link? You can try this one. Do you see the link? "Eight hotels in Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Manhattan will add more than 750 rooms for asylum-seeker families with kids, according to city records."

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the part about these being five-star hotels
I personally have remodeled five star hotels to use for the homeless winos and drunks. Back in the day of mad dog and thunder wine. They are going to get tore down anyways. So it does not matter if the homeless people use them for a while. You are talking about 750 rooms. How many homeless people can you fit in a room?

It was a five story hotel but the elevator was very old and not automatic. I had an apt on the third floor but mostly we rented out the first and second floor. I remember having to shovel coal into the auto feeder as a part of paying my rent. I did not clean out the cinders though. Someone else did that during the day. When it was really cold we might have shovel the coal ever 2 or 3 hours. Other wise it was more like every four or five hours. NO big deal because coal is very light and not heavy at all.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,609.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Was there a problem with my link? You can try this one. Do you see the link? "Eight hotels in Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx and Manhattan will add more than 750 rooms for asylum-seeker families with kids, according to city records."

There was no problem with your link. I skimmed through the link and I saw no reference to five star hotels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,609.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I personally have remodeled five star hotels to use for the homeless winos and drunks. Back in the day of mad dog and thunder wine. They are going to get tore down anyways. So it does not matter if the homeless people use them for a while. You are talking about 750 rooms. How many homeless people can you fit in a room?

It was a five story hotel but the elevator was very old and not automatic. I had an apt on the third floor but mostly we rented out the first and second floor. I remember having to shovel coal into the auto feeder as a part of paying my rent. I did not clean out the cinders though. Someone else did that during the day. When it was really cold we might have shovel the coal ever 2 or 3 hours. Other wise it was more like every four or five hours. NO big deal because coal is very light and not heavy at all.
The fact that a hotel may have been a five-star hotel does not mean that it was a five-star hotel at the time that people were housed in it. And, in any event, that was not the original claim - the original claim was about illegals: whether five star hotels were used to house winos and drunks is another issue. And even in that case, you have told us that you remodeled those hotels before the winos and drunks took up their residency. So there's no reason to believe that they were five star hotels at the time they were occupied by these winos and drunks.

It certainly seems that a concerted effort is being made to dance away from the original claim. The original claim was that five-star hotels were being used to house illegal immigrants. All we know from your post is that you have remodeled five star hotels for use by winos and drunks so we have no reason to believe they were anything close to being such at the time the winos and drunks stayed there.

Bottom line: we have seen no evidence that 5-star hotels have been used to house illegals (or even winos and drunks, for that matter).

Please stop dancing away from the original claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
There was no problem with your link. I skimmed through the link and I saw no reference to five star hotels
You are right, they are trying to trick you. The Roosevelt Hotel NYC is ONLY a four star hotel. I bet it ONLY cost $300 a night to stay there. The city only paid $137 million for it. How are they going to put hundreds of thousands of people into only 750 rooms in FOUR star hotels? But at least it is a token. Effort has to count for something.

I personally commend them for trying. But if you think we should boot them out and let them be homeless then you are entitled to your opinion. That is why we are a great nation. People are allowed to think for themselves and have their own opinion. So we will put you down as wanting to do nothing to help homeless people with food or shelter. You do not have any issue with picking up their dead body and putting it in a body bag do you. The army teaches people how to do that. We have come a long way from give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses.

I just hope when we get to Heaven no one has put a lock on that door they way people seem to want to lock doors and keep people out here.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Please stop dancing away from the original claim.
Your claim is you want to lock them out. Do not be surprised if you find yourself locked out because you want to treat others that way.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The fact that a hotel may have been a five-star hotel does not mean that it was a five-star hotel at the time that the illegals were housed in it.
I do not remember anyone making that claim. Nice tap dance, I see you are trying to do the back stroke.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,609.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are right, they are trying to trick you. The Roosevelt Hotel NYC is ONLY a four star hotel. I bet it ONLY cost $300 a night to stay there.
You mean discombobulated1 is trying to trick me - he (or she) is the one making the claim about 5 star hotels being used to house illegals

From Wikipedia:

The hotel closed on December 18, 2020

When, exactly, were these illegals housed there? Not during the Biden Presidency which began in Jan 2021.

I will be you a flagon of crisp October ale that no illegal was ever put up by the government at the Roosevelt Hotel when it was a hotel.

Upvote 0