Should we take "In God We Trust" off the dollar bill?

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Not ALL people! It should be kept because it honors God and it is part of our heritage.
The Constitution may not have a reference to God, but the Declaration of Independence certainly does. It is not against the first amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;"

Some claimed to be deist, maybe Thomas Jefferson; but far from "most". http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissuesarticles.asp?id=8755
John Adams
"I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
John Quincy Adams
My hopes of a future life are all founded upon the Gospel of Christ and I cannot cavil or quibble away [evade or object to]. . . . the whole tenor of His conduct by which He sometimes positively asserted and at others countenances [permits] His disciples in asserting that He was God.6
Samuel Adams
I . . . [rely] upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.9
Josiah Bartlett
Called on the people of New Hampshire . . .
to confess before God their aggravated transgressions and to implore His pardon and forgiveness through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ . . . [t]hat the knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ may be made known to all nations, pure and undefiled religion universally prevail, and the earth be fill with the glory of the Lord.15
Congress, 1854
The great, vital, and conservative element in our system is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and the divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.24
Benjamin Franklin
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and His religion as He left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see.29

Alexander Hamilton
“And on that grace,” continued I, “a sinner has the highest encouragement to repose his confidence, because it is tendered to him upon the surest foundation; the Scrip¬ture testifying that we have redemption through the blood of Jesus, the forgiveness of sins according to the richness of His grace.” Here the General, letting go my hand, which he had held from the moment I sat down at his bed side, clasped his hands together, and, looking up towards Heaven, said, with emphasis, “I have a tender reliance on the mercy of the Al¬mighty, through the merits of the Lord Jesus Christ.” 34
The Rev. Benjamin Moore reported: mmediately after he was brought from [the field] . . . a mes¬sage was sent informing me of the sad event, accompanied by a request from General Hamilton that I would come to him for the purpose of administering the Holy Communion. I went. . . . I proceeded to converse with him on the subject of his receiving the Communion; and told him that with respect to the qualifications of those who wished to become partakers of that holy ordinance, my inquires could not be made in lan¬guage more expressive than that which was used by our [own] Church. – [I asked], “Do you sincerely repent of your sins past? Have you a lively faith in God’s mercy through Christ, with a thankful remembrance of the death of Christ? And are you disposed to live in love and charity with all men?”
John Hancock
Sensible of the importance of Christian piety and virtue to the order and happiness of a state, I cannot but earnestly commend to you every measure for their support and encouragement.37

He called on the entire state to pray “that universal happiness may be established in the world [and] that all may bow to the scepter of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the whole earth be filled with His glory.”38

He also called on the State of Massachusetts to pray . . .

• that all nations may bow to the scepter of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and that the whole earth may be filled with his glory.39
    • that the spiritual kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ may be continually increasing until the whole earth shall be filled with His glory.40
    • to confess their sins and to implore forgiveness of God through the merits of the Savior of the World.41
    • to cause the benign religion of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to be known, understood, and practiced among all the inhabitants of the earth.42
    • to confess their sins before God and implore His forgiveness through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior.43
    • that He would finally overrule all events to the advancement of the Redeemer’s kingdom and the establishment of universal
John Hart
[T]hanks be given unto Almighty God therefore, and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die and after that the judgment [Hebrews 9:27] . . . principally, I give and recommend my soul into the hands of Almighty God who gave it and my body to the earth to be buried in a decent and Christian like manner . . . to receive the same again at the general resurrection by the mighty power of God.47
Patrick Henry
Being a Christian… is a character which I prize far above all this world has or can boast.48
The Bible… is a book worth more than all the other books that were ever printed.49
Righteousness alone can exalt [America] as a nation...Whoever thou art, remember this; and in thy sphere practice virtue thyself, and encourage it in others.50
The great pillars of all government and of social life [are] virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone,

It should be noted Franklin and a number of other founding fathers (most notably Jefferson) rejected Jesus as a religious figure / messiah, etc. They regarded him as a regular human who taught good ethics, similar to Confucius.

Reactions: Ilovegod888
Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't violate anything. Are you free to stay home and be lazy if you choose? Yes. Are you free to worship Buddah, Krishna, Flying Spaghetti Monster, etc.? Yes.

Enough said.

I believe it does violate the Constitution because not everyone believes in God, and "In God We Trust" is pretty ironic because not everyone trusts God? That's making a generalized statement for the whole country.

Also, nobody worships The Buddha, he wasn't a god.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Not ALL people! It should be kept because it honors God and it is part of our heritage.

Your excuse to have it is, tradition. Honors of God? It wastes ink (it adds up) and it doesn't apply to ALL. Isn't that what America is all about, to have freedom? If I put myself in their shoes (atheists, hindus, e.t.c.), I wouldn't be happy. It would make me mad that it's saying WE trust, when I wouldn't in that scenario. It doesn't apply to all and it offends people. You and I can trust in God, but when it's on something that's legal, it's just plain stupid. The government shouldn't force you to believe in God, that's what they are saying. "Whether you like it or not, trust in God", they are saying. I can chose my own religion, the government should never tell me otherwise.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I know my Father, God. I don't need to trust the government, I trust Him.

Not everyone "knows god." You kind of do need to have faith in the government, if you want to live here, that is. Also, you can trust god all you want, but that doesn't govern a country nor does it help us in need. (With all due respect..)

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not everyone "knows god." You kind of do need to have faith in the government, if you want to live here, that is. Also, you can trust god all you want, but that doesn't govern a country nor does it help us in need. (With all due respect..)
So much of that post is so wrong. I'll just say NAH!

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "God" in the dollar bill is the God of this world. It is Satan.

Did you not read the bible? Satan took Jesus to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of this earth....satan controlled ALL of the kingdoms on this earth.

Satan was the capstone, Jesus was the corner stone. Did you not read?

What is shown in the dollar bill? The all seeing eye capstone. I mean comeone.....people need to read a king james bible and stop listening to youtube "philosophers".

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
So much of that post is so wrong. I'll just say NAH!

What is the point of that comment? Of course you would say that though, since you're indeed Christian. Not hating on them, but I think I'll say NAH to you! :)

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Did you not read the bible? Satan took Jesus to a high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of this earth....satan controlled ALL of the kingdoms on this earth.

What is shown in the dollar bill? The all seeing eye capstone. I mean comeone.....people need to read a king james bible and stop listening to youtube "philosophers".

Some people on this forum, don't read the bible. Youtube philosophers? Never heard of that. I also don't get a single thing you said.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Are you speaking to me? First of all, not everyone here reads the bible, and second of all, you didn't answer my question.

Reactions: patrick jane
Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you speaking to me? First of all, not everyone here reads the bible, and second of all, you didn't answer my question.

Alright. First of all, you can read Gary North's research. Then you can read about the backgrounds of the forefathers (make sure to use your common sense). You will see almost all of the forefathers were free masons and in one way or another, satanic.

Central banks destroyed the early colonies. So what did George and Alexandar Hamilton start? The central bank.

Do the research yourself. Look into what Benjamin Franklin actually believed in. Did he believe in Jesus? NO.

The constitution is A PIECE OF PAPER. It means nothing. Our rights DO NOT come from a piece of paper, it doesn't come from man. It comes from the God. NOT the God of this world (cause thats satan), but the God of Abraham, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Alright. First of all, you can read Gary North's research. Then you can read about the backgrounds of the forefathers (make sure to use your common sense). You will see almost all of the forefathers were free masons and in one way or another, satanic.

Do the research yourself. Look into what Benjamin Franklin actually believed in. Did he believe in Jesus? NO.

The constitution is A PIECE OF PAPER. It means nothing. Our rights DO NOT come from a piece of paper, it doesn't come from man. It comes from the God. NOT the God of this world (cause thats satan), but the God of Abraham, Jesus Christ.

What you're saying now is disrespectful and not really supported by any evidence. Even if I do read this "Gary North's research," I doubt I'll learn anything from it, because I am not Christian nor do I believe that our founding fathers supported "satan."

"The constitution is A PIECE OF PAPER. It means nothing." Do you not hear yourself right now? If it wasn't for the constitution, you wouldn't be able to be speaking right now, especially about religion. The constitution granted you every right you have, and you should appreciate it.. I don't believe any word you're saying. Did you read my faith? It says Buddhist, so I find your argument to be incomplete and honestly, just a belief.

I appreciate your answer, because I asked for all opinions, but you need to be more respectful of others.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Some people on this forum, don't read the bible. Youtube philosophers? Never heard of that. I also don't get a single thing you said.

There are alot of worldly philosophers...be it on TV, youtube, oprah satanic winfrey.

Read the bible, see for your self. Test all things. You will find the dollar bill has so many symbols to satanism.

The all seeing eye, a giant hoax, latin inscription for new world order. Do the research and come to your own conclusion.

Upvote 0

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What you're saying now is disrespectful and not really supported by any evidence. Even if I do read this "Gary North's research," I doubt I'll learn anything from it, because I am not Christian nor do I believe that our founding fathers supported "satan."

"The constitution is A PIECE OF PAPER. It means nothing." Do you not hear yourself right now? If it wasn't for the constitution, you wouldn't be able to be speaking right now, especially about religion. The constitution granted you every right you have, and you should appreciate it.. I don't believe any word you're saying. Did you read my faith? It says Buddhist, so I find your argument to be incomplete and honestly, just a belief.

I appreciate your answer, because I asked for all opinions, but you need to be more respectful of others.

If it wasn't for the constitution? IT'S A PIECE OF PAPER WRITTEN BY FREE MASONS. The constitution is VERY FLAWED...VERY VERY VERY VERY FLAWED....THAT'S WHY IT HAS AMENDMENTS (another deception)......IT'S WRITTEN BY MAN.

I don't know how I can explain that any more clearly.

MAN CANNOT WRITE LAWS. Morality does not come from man. Think about it. If morality comes from man, it's democracy.....mob rule, 1 sheep and 2 wolves deciding what to eat for dinner!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
There are alot of worldly philosophers...be it on TV, youtube, oprah satanic winfrey.

Read the bible, see for your self. Test all things. You will find the dollar bill has so many symbols to satanism.

The all seeing eye, a giant hoax, latin inscription for new world order. Do the research and come to your own conclusion.
Haha. I can tell you are very passionate when it comes to this subject. She asked you do you want in God we trust on the dollar bill. Not for your attempts to offend atheists. Plus, I haven't read the entire bible, but calling people Santan is just...immature. I hardly watch tv, I just know what's in my heart. How is the symbols bad? There not physically attacking me, I'm safe. Do the research, and you will find that not EVERYONE on this site is Baptist. Or follows your views. In fact the majority I see are not Christians. What are you even trying to say? Or are you just spewing psycho babble?

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
If it wasn't for the constitution? IT'S A PIECE OF PAPER WRITTEN BY FREE MASONS. The constitution is VERY FLAWED...VERY VERY VERY VERY FLAWED....THAT'S WHY IT HAS AMENDMENTS (another deception)......IT'S WRITTEN BY MAN.

MAN CANNOT WRITE LAWS. Morality does not come from man. Think about it. If morality comes from man, it's democracy.....mob rule, 1 sheep and 2 wolves deciding what to eat for dinner!!!!!!!
I'm going to dream about my perfect life with all the FREEDOMS I have in America...You sound kinda mental....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

morse86

Aug 2, 2014
✟60,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haha. I can tell you are very passionate when it comes to this subject. She asked you do you want in God we trust on the dollar bill. Not for your attempts to offend atheists. Plus, I haven't read the entire bible, but calling people Santan is just...immature. I hardly watch tv, I just know what's in my heart. How is the symbols bad? There not physically attacking me, I'm safe. Do the research, and you will find that not EVERYONE on this site is Baptist. Or follows your views. In fact the majority I see are not Christians. What are you even trying to say? Or are you just spewing psycho babble?

Fold the dollar bill and see what happens (google it).
Read the latin inscription, what does it say? New world order (bible antichrist)
See the all seeing eye capstone? Satan

Can you print the dollar bill? They the monetary supply is artificial.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private

Well, according to your religion, you are a sinner, so what is your point here? You sound like one of those crazy over religious people who think everyone's going to hell. Jokes on you, because I don't believe in hell. Humanity is very flawed, I agree, but calling them satanic is just low. "Morality does not come from man." Once again, just your belief. As funny as you sound, I am no longer going to converse with you because I can't take you seriously.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Read the latin inscription, what does it say? New world order (bible antichrist)

Can you print the dollar bill? They the monetary supply is artificial. :(
Is it punching you in the face? No. You believe God in your heart. Like I said, Do you think we should keep in God we trust? I didn't ask for this babble.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟15,733.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Can you print the dollar bill? They the monetary supply is artificial.
It's just a conspiracy theory...

Upvote 0

patrick jane

MAD Bible Believer
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
St. Louis - Ephesians 2:6-8
Visit site
✟132,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Central banks destroyed the early colonies. So what did George and Alexandar Hamilton start? The central bank.

And Thomas Jefferson wrote his own bible version; heresy

Upvote 0