loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and as an added bonus:
Watch: White House spokesperson repeatedly declines to deny that Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress
The White House hasn’t denied a bombshell BuzzFeed report by Jason Leopold and Anthony Cormier alleging that President Donald Trump directed his longtime lawyer and fixer, Michael Cohen, to lie to Congress about his business dealings in Russia. In fact, on Friday morning, one Trump administration official went out of his way to avoid doing so.
even Kellyanne Conway wouldn't go on record that it wasn't true. Not even President Trumps daughter in law, Lara Trump, would say it wasn't true. :wave:
tulc(is sipping coffee watching people dance and spin) :tutu:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol the report originated on Buzzfeed....

Buzzfeed
Yep, ad hominem that's basically been their defense as well: "If we can't fight the facts, let's attack the source of the facts instead!" :wave:
tulc(thinks this is some really good coffee he's drinking!) :clap:

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
North Carolina (Charlotte)
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, ad hominem that's basically been their defense as well: "If we can't fight the facts, let's attack the source of the facts instead!" :wave:
tulc(thinks this is some really good coffee he's drinking!) :clap:

Questioning stories from a notoriously dishonest news source is now ad hominem? Do you even know what ad hominem is?

Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Mueller's office seems to have an issue with Buzzfeed's "reporting".
They said it was 'inaccurate', there is some question what they meant by that.

• Haha
Reactions: abysmul
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Questioning stories from a notoriously dishonest news source is now ad hominem? Do you even know what ad hominem is?
Sure, it's when someone dismisses a story because of who said the story rather then addressing the things in the story. A good example of an ad hominem would be someone posting this:
Lol the report originated on Buzzfeed....

Buzzfeed
Notice how no facts were offered in rebuttal, no links posted to show why Buzzfeed isn't a reliable source for a story. Just an "against the man" post. :sigh:
tulc(hopes that answers ☦Marius☦ question) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)now, only speaks God's honest truth.
Well President Trumps lawyer seemed to think so:
"[Michael Cohen] is an honest, honorable lawyer." - Rudy Giuliani, 05/06/18
tulc(is Apologetic_Warrior calling President Trump and his lawyer a liar?) :eek:

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well President Trumps lawyer seemed to think so:

tulc(is Apologetic_Warrior calling President Trump and his lawyer a liar?) :eek:
Why do you hate so much? Serious question.

• Agree
Reactions: ☦Marius☦
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you hate so much? Serious question.
Two things:
1) this thread isn't about me, if you would like to discuss me you should start a thread about that where I could be discussed. :wave:
and
2) if that's you deadlifting in the picture how much weight was on the bar? :eek:
tulc(also was wondering if NW82 was wearing a belt when he did it) :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure, it's when someone dismisses a story because of who said the story rather then addressing the things in the story. A good example of an ad hominem would be someone posting this:

Notice how no facts were offered in rebuttal, no links posted to show why Buzzfeed isn't a reliable source for a story. Just an "against the man" post. :sigh:
tulc(hopes that answers ☦Marius☦ question) :wave:
Or because I actually pay attention to the trash Buzzfeed puts out? And I assumed most people on here check their sources?

6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now

17 Foods That White People Have Ruined

20 Reasons Why White People Can't Be Trusted
^ I realize these are meant to be funny, but that's literally all their site is.

You should check out their youtube channels, especially their as/is channel where they routinely race bait!
(warning utter trashy language as you would expect)

MW-FR660_Truste_20170803172454_MG.jpg

Even CNN doesn't take Buzzfeed seriously

• Informative
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
6 Reasons You Should Stop Referring To Women As "Females" Right Now

17 Foods That White People Have Ruined

20 Reasons Why White People Can't Be Trusted

You should check out their youtube channels, especially their as/is channel where they routinely race bait!
(warning utter trashy language as you would expect)

View attachment 249509

Even CNN doesn't take Buzzfeed seriously
Now THAT is how you explain why you don't trust a source of information. But if all that's posted is "Buzzfeed"? That's just dismissing a source without an explanation. See the difference? :wave:
tulc(thanks ☦Marius☦ for explaining) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

☦Marius☦

Murican
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
✟268,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now THAT is how you explain why you don't trust a source of information. But if all that's posted is "Buzzfeed"? That's just dismissing a source without an explanation. See the difference? :wave:
tulc(thanks ☦Marius☦ for explaining) :oldthumbsup:
I guess I take for granted that my generation spends more time online and has more familiarity with certain news organizations that are more online based. Buzzfeed is essentially the Tumblr of News, and I don't know anyone in their 20's that takes them seriously. They are definitely a bi product of liberal millennial culture (which is thankfully dying out).

Generation Z (My generation), is the most conservative generation since the 1950s, and we very much detest dishonest media. I've been following Buzzfeed for quite some time, and one only has to scroll on their website or youtube to see that they are indeed at best, a tabloid tier new organization.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess I take for granted that my generation spends more time online and has more familiarity with certain news organizations that are more online based. Buzzfeed is essentially the Tumblr of News, and I don't know anyone in their 20's that takes them seriously. They are definitely a bi product of liberal millennial culture (which is thankfully dying out).

Generation Z (My generation), is the most conservative generation since the 1950s, and we very much detest dishonest media. I've been following Buzzfeed for quite some time, and one only has to scroll on their website or youtube to see that they are indeed at best, a tabloid tier new organization.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find a better source that doesn't lead back to this story. :wave:
tulc(bad tulc! no coffee) :cry:

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm no fan of Trump's - but I think it's wise to take things with a grain of salt until it's verified by a number of different sources (beyond something like Buzzfeed).

Do I think Trump is the kind of person who likely would instruct someone like Cohen to lie on his behalf? Yeah, I do. He ain't exactly of high moral fiber. Do I think the criticisms of Cohen as being "untrustworthy" are kind of bizarre - considering on whose behalf the proofs of dishonesty were - yeah.

But - it's best not to jump on bandwagons because there is always the chance that it could be wrong.

What I find more interesting are things like him taking away his interpreters notes after meetings with Putin, not appraising his senior staff what was discussed/etc. Those things are seemingly not in dispute or question.

• Agree
Upvote 0